Skip to content


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Banshee » Fri May 31, 2002 3:02 am

So, there are some W/T dolls coming out, right? My question is, what would an action figure/superhero based on YOU look like and what would it's secret powers be?

-S
Banshee
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby walker(d) » Fri May 31, 2002 3:40 am

Oh. My. God. Senegal just beat France 1 - 0 in the opening game of the World Cup. Is it the year an African or Asian country will finally lift the cup? Well it bloody well better not be 'cause I put on a 5 bet for Spain to win.

Hmm I'll think a little about the action figure thing but right now I'd like the ability to make other people do jobs I don't want to do. That's right folks, it's exam marking season again.

Have a good day kitties. And hugs to our poor French kitties.
walker(d)
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby La » Fri May 31, 2002 3:52 am

Did you see the opening ceremony? It was pretty cool. Yay Korea! My host sister came running into my room utterly shocked that Senegal won. The Korea/USA game is June 10th, according to my taekwondo master. He seems to think Korea will win, wonder why ;) Wasn't there a World Cup thread started somewhere? I tried to find it and couldn't, maybe there wasn't and it was all in my mind!

An action figure based on me? Hmmm. It would have to have hair that could change lengths since I keep growing my hair long only to shave it all off then grow it a bit again, then cut it real short, etc.

I'm going to Seoul tomorrow for the weekend! I'm getting paid about 1/3 of what I make a month here to proctor some Financial exam on Sunday. Cool by me, gives me an excuse to go to Seoul and spend my not-yet-earned money to go SHOPPING! Seoul's about the only place I can find clothes that fit me since Korean women are so damn skinny.

Have happy Fridays and happy weekends, everyone! :D
La
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby WonderAnt » Fri May 31, 2002 4:00 am

good morning and happy friday kitties!

i dont think an action figure of me would do to well in stores, but anywho... I would wear a yellow and orange jumpsuit, for safety reasons of course. my special power would be my uncanny ability to talk to and piss off squirels. (im serious, i HAVE been mauled by a squirel before)

id have to have some shibby catch phrase, but i cant think of any good ones...i do however have a good theme song in mind...*sings off-key* its rupert...its rupert...Rupert the friendly chipmunk! okay so my name isnt rupert im not friendly nor am i a chipmunk, but this is MY dream! so back off! hehehe
WonderAnt
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby mollyig » Fri May 31, 2002 4:16 am

The Superhero Molly would be called Molly the Maniac, I think. Its costume would be black jeans, Indigo Girls t-shirt. Superpowers? The ability to drink vast quantities of brandy!

Yeah, well done Senegal - bit of a surprise though! Ireland are playing Cameroon tomorrow - 7:30 a.m. my time, but I'll definitely be watching it.

[b:3b1b5eff16]IRELAND
mollyig
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Katharyn » Fri May 31, 2002 4:47 am

I keep thinking back to the old Star Wars figures, you know where the plastic thing extended from the jedi hands? They never really looked as long as a lightsaber and not as pointy... so I want one of those on my figure though not necessarily in the hand*S* Sliding in and out...

As for my special power... I would always know where to find the plastic thing. *ahem*

EDITED TO ADD: Excuse the above... I am redrafting a smut fic right now... so I am fruity*S*

Katharyn
-------------
Katharyn
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby ninjitsugrrl » Fri May 31, 2002 4:52 am

Willow and Tara action figures? Yay! Think of all the naughty things we could do with them....
My action figure: That's a tough one. It would be "Fantabulous Frazzled Woman", because I am fantabulous yet frazzled. :confused
I would be one of those speaking action figures and I would probably curse a lot and mumble about how I had no idea what was going on.
- Liz, who still hasn't recovered from waking up at 7:15 this morning when she was supposed to be at work by 7:30. Ooops.
ninjitsugrrl
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Dave V » Fri May 31, 2002 6:43 am

FYI, Andgor toys ( www.andgor.com/dcgallery.html) offers custom action figures to order, but be prepared to spend a bunch of money.

Katharyn, I always hated those old Star Wars figures. Not lightsaber-y at all. Now, the latest AOTC figures have metal lightsabers and magnets in their hands so the "Force" will allow them to summon their weapons. Just think, you could place strong magnets (say, rare earth ones) in strategic places on different figures. Think of all the smutty possibilities of "animal magnetism" and away you go...

I'm in the S.C.A. so I play dress up in 1 to 1 scale. Still, an action figure of me might invlove armour, and the accessories would include a slice of pecan pie. Mmmm, pie.
Dave V
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby nemesystah » Fri May 31, 2002 7:28 am

Well, since I take my online name from the greek Goddess of Devine Retribution (Nemesys), I suppose my action figure would have to be wearing a chiton (short greek robe), slipped of course, to reveal one breast, and come armed with a mystical bow -- for retributive purposes, of course.

Oh, and I'd want a horse figuring for her to ride. A brown dun Norwegian Fjord like my mare Mojave would be perfect.
nemesystah
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Grimaldi » Fri May 31, 2002 7:38 am

oh boy Willow and Tara action figures, think of the possiblities... As far as an action figure based on me, its costume would be all black and have the power to annoy and freeze people.
Hope everyone has a great Friday :)
Grimaldi
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby bzengo » Fri May 31, 2002 7:42 am

Four weeks since she left
Ive been drunk every night since
Life sucks the big one

Lots of tequila
Numbs the pain and helps me sleep
Hangover Friday

Willow and Tara
How could anyone do this?
Joss is an asshole
bzengo
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby CaptMurdock » Fri May 31, 2002 8:04 am

...not yet deceased
And all I know-ow-ow
Is still the beast is
Fee-eeding

*****

Sorry, I don't know where that came from. (Well, RHPS, obviously...)

My action figure would be in a trenchcoat over three-piece suit, fedora hat and a black-and-white latex full-head mask, the patterns of which shift constantly based on the facial heat changes. Those [i:e4fe0b96e6] Watchmen[/i:e4fe0b96e6] fans out there in Kittenland will know what I'm talking about.

My superpower would be the ability to find [b:e4fe0b96e6] anything[/b:e4fe0b96e6], especially those things I tend to lose on a daily basis in my house -- remotes, Zip disks, pens, keys, wallet, money clip, etc. Saving the world...phoooey!

[b:e4fe0b96e6] DaveV[/b:e4fe0b96e6]: You're in the SCA? What kingdom/barony/shire etc. etc.? Me: Kingdom of Caid, Barony of Gyldenholt.
CaptMurdock
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Katharyn » Fri May 31, 2002 8:15 am

Hey kittens. I just passed through the Bronze Beta VIP Archive

There is a link for May 30th for Amber which I have NEVER seen there before... I have not linked to that but ALL it says is :

[b:0cd1b5a968] Amber Benson says:
(Fri May 31 )

-- This message was deleted by its original poster. --[/b:0cd1b5a968]

I am not a beta bronzer, or a bronzer... so have no clue what I might be looking for.

Anyone happen to know what this might have said or if it is even genuine? The Beta Bronze VIP Archive is usually reliable in my experience.

The link date and the message date are different too...

Just insanely curious here!

Katharyn
--------------
Katharyn
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby kpmuse » Fri May 31, 2002 8:24 am

Hey Katharyn! I saw that too yesterday. They said on that board that this was just an imposter and not Amber.

Take care.
kpmuse
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Katharyn » Fri May 31, 2002 8:26 am

well that is that.

Thanks Kristine

K
---------
Katharyn
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Warduke » Fri May 31, 2002 9:13 am

I was at E! Online and I saw this vote thing, WandAwards, and here are a few of the "notable" nominees in some of the categories...

Best Fight...Sarah Michelle Gellar & Alyson Hannigan.
Best Bitch...Willow.
Biggest Tearjerker...Tara's death.
Biggest Shocker...Warren shoots Buffy and Tara.
Most Evil...Willow.
Most Disappointing (show)...BtVS

Best bitch and most evilhope ME is proud of those ones, isnt that what they always wanted for sweet, lovable Willowthe most evil bitch on TV :puke

The last one (most disappointing) is a [b:2e7810de8c] really[/b:2e7810de8c] easy choice, isn't it?

And these two categories in which W/T-A/A are [b:2e7810de8c] not[/b:2e7810de8c] among the nominees...

Best Kiss
Best Chemistry

WTF? >: W/T had by far the best kiss of any show this year (hell, it was the best kiss Ive ever seen on TV) and best chemistry, please, A/A have so much chemistry its blinding.

And lastly, this one made me laugh...

Drama You Can't Live Without...BtVS

Yeah, I don't think I'll have any problems living without BtVS, none at all.
Warduke
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby WiccansIllusion » Fri May 31, 2002 9:28 am

My own action hero? I guess since I never assumed of myself as much, I'm not to sure what that would entail, but I'd have to say I'd have a portafilter ( one of those handle thingys that espresso goes in in those big fancy machines ) in one hand.
WiccansIllusion
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Rally » Fri May 31, 2002 9:29 am

More crap to vote for, we should start our own political party with all the voting we have been doing of late.
Rally
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby rainbowrose21 » Fri May 31, 2002 10:00 am

*stumbles in* Hi all, hope everyone has been feeling better than I have the last week or so. I'll spare you all the details. I hope to be back to being somewhat me again by this weekend. Lets hope :) Have a great day all!


Oh, as for the W/T question: I'll answer this later when I have more than two brain cells working.
rainbowrose21
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Dave V » Fri May 31, 2002 10:09 am

Hey, CaptMurdock! Barony of Castel Rouge, Principality of Northshield. My SCA-related interests are fighting (heavy, not light) and cooking, which isn't as odd as it seems. For the past few years I've been studying the work of Fiore dei Liberi, a 15th century Italian swordmaster.
Dave V
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby helrunar » Fri May 31, 2002 12:29 pm

My action figure would be **APATHY WOMAN** lost as a child and raised by a family of jungle sloth pygmy hybrids apathy womans superpowers include ...err nothing really.
helrunar
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby jdcioffi » Fri May 31, 2002 1:22 pm

How about ... either SuperBabble Girl or The Amazing Random Girl. She has the ability to babble about any topic and link any subject together with tiniest, most random bit of trivial information. Perhaps her shirt would have a giant brain with a question mark logo emblazoned upon it.

And, uhm, there are Willow/Tara dolls coming out?!?!?

JD
jdcioffi
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby CaptMurdock » Fri May 31, 2002 1:26 pm

[b:a774a78138] Dave V:[/b:a774a78138] I'm interested in getting into medium-level fighting (shinai). Mrs. CaptMurdock is into the cooking and garment-making -- you should see the hat she made for me!
CaptMurdock
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Gatito Grande » Fri May 31, 2002 1:33 pm

I signed up w/ Eonline's discussion board just to complain about the WandAward nominations. Here's the thread:

www.eonline.com/Interact/...-9,00.html

Join in if you want to kvetch.

If they made an action figure of me, it would have to be an "Inaction figure" complete w/ lard *ss, and glued to the 'putie or tube. In my dreams, though, my action figure would be "Sexy Beast" w/ an uncanny ability to seek out and seduce willing young femmes. ;)

GG [i:fe20697d25] FWIW, I'm "slaywhat" on The Bronze, too[/i:fe20697d25] Out
Gatito Grande
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Aduka » Fri May 31, 2002 2:26 pm

Happy Friday!!!! :) Ooh W/T action figures would be cool but I wouldn't buy any since Ive sworn off giving ME a dime of my hard earned money.

Hmm an action figure of me would prolly have me dressed in baggy jean shorts, a tank top and flip flops; with a hula skirt(Im taking Hula lessons this summer) and several maps of Africa(Ive always wanted to go there and see the animals) as accessories.
Off to relax and relax some more, have a great wknd kitties.
Aduka
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Vampire Willow » Fri May 31, 2002 2:57 pm

Hmmmm. An action figure of me? Ummmmm...it'd have long brown hair (my hair is already brown, just so you know) like Faith. And a pair of leather pants and a tight tank-top with the Superman symbol on it that cut off at my belly, To show off my, future, belly ring. And a pair of black high heels. And my powers would inclued the following:

~annoying people until they surrendered
~being strikingly beautiful (not that i don't already have that power :lol )
~seeming to be a total skank (even though I'm not), much like Faith
~having a "love potion #9" affect on men and women:love
~being able to kick some serious ass! I can't do that too well. I got beat up yesterday and ended up with a fractured wrist and a broken nose. Ouch!:cry
~being a f*cking great dancer:cool
~having the best damn body on the planet!
~being the best singer (next to Amber, Tony Head and James Marsters of course)

What do you think? Good, bad...ugly?

~Willow :evil
Vampire Willow
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Taz » Fri May 31, 2002 5:41 pm

My action hero would work from home and would be the master of the Flaming O.
Taz
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby girlwiththebraids » Fri May 31, 2002 6:04 pm

all i know is that my superhero action figure would have to have interchangeable hair in lots of different colors...

:bounce

braids
girlwiththebraids
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby TwiLightJoy » Fri May 31, 2002 7:09 pm

Ack, I so love action figures. Being without a job for the last 7 months (so depressing) and having left all my action figures back in NY (awful!) has been rough. Luckily my gf (WillowLikeWhoa) and I both interviewed yesterday to become WalMart slaves, and it looks like we will both be hired.

So an Action Figure Joy. Let's see. It would come with a kitten and a vaccuum cleaner to pick up the cat hair, wearing a t-shirt with The Tick on it and blue jeans covered in about 17 different colors of paint. It would be very boring, I think. Not many people would buy it. Maybe it could be an obscure collector's item though.

~Joy
TwiLightJoy
 


It's Superhero Action Figure Friday, MKF

Postby Elianna » Fri May 31, 2002 9:21 pm

They should have a "none of the above" category in that Wanda thing.

As for action figure? Definitely one that comes with patterns so that you could make your own clothes. I like doing that.

Also, is this an appropriate place to discuss the French Open, or should I start a new thread?

-Elianna
Elianna
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design