Skip to content


Kittens around the world

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Kittens around the world

Postby Enigmatic » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:57 am

[b:7ceb546fb5] Edited to add: This thread was originally started by Enigmatic to see where all the Kittens are from. Since then many new people have joined. If you want to give a shout out on behalf of your country or -if you live in the US- your state you can do so here. We can update the first post if countries or states are added that are not there already, and if you do see yours and you still want to shout out, go for it.;)

Should you want to arrange a gathering with people from your part of the world you can use the Kitty Gatherings - All locations post here thread.
If you want to talk about WT or Amber and Aly in your own language you can do so in the W/T Around the World thread. :)

The Mods.[/b:7ceb546fb5]

==============================================

[b:7ceb546fb5] This is how large the Kitten-Family is!![/b:7ceb546fb5]


Hi everybody.

Thanks for the help with this little project, it has been kind of fun.
I have counted, and the Kitten-Board is represented by 35 countries, and in US 38 states!! That's quite a few!! :)
I have divided them into the 7 continents, and I'm happy to be able to say that there are Kittens on all of inhabited continents!

-Enigmatic.

Here they are

The Kitten-Family:

Europe:
Austria
Belgium
Denmark
England
France
Germany
Greece
Iceland
Republic of Ireland
Italy
Lithuania
The Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
Portugal
Scotland
Spain
Wales

Asia:
Hong Kong
Israel
Philippines
Singapore
South Korea
Taiwan
Thailand

Australia:
Australia
New Zealand

Africa:
South Africa

South America:
Argentina
Brazil
Colombia

North America:
Canada
Guatemala
Mexico
USA:
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delware
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
New Jersey
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Nevada
Nem Hampshire
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Vermont
Virginia
Washington DC
Washington State
West Texas special request ;)
Wisconsin
Antarctica:
Sadly, nobody. But a few penguins will make their first posts in a few days! :)
Enigmatic
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:06 am

quote:
Originally posted by Nouvelle:
Did you ever notice there seems to be an over obundance of Amys on this board. I'm one and it seems we have at least two or three others.

My wife's name is Amy. Does that count?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:06 am

Yay Global Kittendom!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:06 am

Minnesota!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:07 am

The Rose, I spend a lot of time in Hayesville NC, as my sig other's parents' main house is there.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:07 am

I live in Dallas, Texas right now, but I'm moving to Maine at the end of May. Anyone out there from Maine that could offer me some advice?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:07 am

Wow there are a whole lot of Kittens out there, soon we shall take over the world Muahahhaa....

------------------
"Okay, thats a little blacker then I like my arts" -Willow

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:07 am

Don't want to sound picky 'cause you're done such a great job, but contrary to popular belief, New Zealand is actually a country of it's own and NOT part of Australia... they just sound similiar to us Aussies...

Ok, I'll shut up now, we're so close we could be the same country... sorry!

[This message has been edited by My Spike (edited January 18, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:08 am

Ah but Enigmatic listed the different countries under the continent which they are part of. It's been a while, heh heh, but I was taught Australia is a continent, and New Zealand the country, and Australia the country are a part of that.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:08 am

okay, quick question since we're talking continents. in the states we learn that there are 7 continents (north and south america, australia, asia, europe, africa and antarctica), now, correct me if i'm wrong, but in europe, do you learn that there are only 5 or 6? cuz i seem to remember that in high school, my german host sister said that north and south america were one continent, and that antarctica wasn't one at all. can anyone help me out here?

and did anyone else ever wonder how we ended up with 6 of 7 continents starting with "a" (if you disregard the whole north and south part of the americas)?

~la

edited to say: aw yeah! i'm doll's eye crystal now, baby!

[This message has been edited by La (edited January 18, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:08 am

Well actually I was taught there are 7 continents as well (I'm from Holland btw)

1 Asia
2 Africa
3 Europe
4 North America
5 South America
6 Australia/Oceania
7 Antarctica

(Middle America being considered to be a part of North America, and Antartica definitely a continent.)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:08 am

In school where I live (Denmark)I have always learned that there are 7 continents, (the way Garfield said). I actually had my doubt about which continent New Zealand belonged to, so I asked my dad (who is a lot more clever than I), and he said Australia, so that's what I typed!

I have no idea why the continents are named the way they are...but it's a good question. Does anybody know? Perhaps I need to ask my father again...

-Enigmatic

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:08 am

well, maybe it's just the germans then maybe i should email my host sister and ask her again. of course, i could just be remembering wrong, that was more than 5 years ago

thanks for the answers though, garfield and enigmatic

~la

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:09 am

Yeah, maybe it's just the Germans...LOL

Well for the name part, I know at least why Antarctica is named the way it is. It's because they called the Nordpole arctica, and then they (the Europeans) find the Southpole and the called it Antarctica, which I belive mean opposite Arctica!

Now you all know it, I just wonder if you ever gonna need this piece of information

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:09 am

Thank you for counting, what a good idea.
Wow so many kittens from all over the world.
We are family I've got all my kittens with me.(Sister sledge)

Goddnight Nicole

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:09 am

quote:
Originally posted by La:
well, maybe it's just the germans then

It's not us Germans. I also learned that there are 7 continents. And I'm studying geography so I should know... I think.

But I remember there was some discussion about it a long time ago in school. Maybe it's a school thing.

[This message has been edited by Black Hound (edited January 18, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:09 am

quote:
Originally posted by Dr.G:
Well actually I was taught there are 7 continents as well

The funny thing is, these all do count as separate continents - being geographically separate landmasses - with one exception.

Europe is set apart from Asia not by oceans, but mountains and smaller seas. By the same logic, India should be as separate - but it just doesn't work out that way.

Just a redundant Geography Theory argument from your local Big Knowledge Woman...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:09 am

since you brought it up... continents are partially a political/sociological construct, especially in the case of Eurasia, which is, geologically speaking, a single land mass. I think the notion of Europe as a separate continent is more about wishful 19th century thinking than science.

What i'm dying to know is, does anyone in Antarctica get to watch Buffy, maybe by satellite, or do they have to survive on tapes?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am

quote:
Originally posted by katydid:
*raises hand* Another kitty from Maryland. Where are you other Maryland kitties at?



Hi! This kitty is in Frederick MD. How about you?

Meg

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am

quote:
Hi! This kitty is in Frederick MD. How about you?

Meg


I am near Baltimore. About 5 minutes away from Ellicott City.

------------------
"She practically has 'genuine molded plastic' stamped on her ass.

[This message has been edited by katydid (edited January 19, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am

A small question to go with the topic. Are all the states and territories of Australia represented? I'm a Queenslander and I know a few others.
On the Aust. and N.Z topic, Australia is a continent and country all in one, with New Zealand being a separate country. [not a separate continent.]

Zera

------------------
SO: Okay, last question. What advice would you give to someone who gets their brains sucked out?
AB: Um ... eat a lot of apple sauce, preferably fed to you by attractive young lesbians.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am

quote:
Originally posted by Zerattakis:
On the Aust. and N.Z topic, Australia is a continent and country all in one, with New Zealand being a separate country. [not a separate continent.]



I think it's just safer to call it Oceania them...

Oh and by the way, I'm a melbourne girl...so Victorians are here too :-)

------------------
"FINE! I'll go to the pool and you can go to the museum of pools!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am

Howdy, folks. Sorry to interrupt the geography debate, but I noticed no kitties from Alabama. I just had to delurk and register and everything to say, "Alabama kitty here!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:11 am

quote:
Originally posted by katydid:
*raises hand* Another kitty from Maryland. Where are you other Maryland kitties at?


Well, this Kitty is in lovely Aberdeen, about 25 miles NE of Baltimore.

e.

[This message has been edited by EricAlan69 (edited January 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by EricAlan69 (edited January 20, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:11 am

Hey folks, if you want to know what cities other kitties are from or share which one you're from check out the My Town Shout Outs thread.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:11 am

Hey Enig, I just also wanted to say thankyou for compiling this list. So here are a few of those funny green guys that I like to say thankyou...

Edited to add this little flag thingy that I found at Crack's. If you look really close and quick, you might just spot your nation's flag.


------------------
"...the hardest thing in this world is to live in it..."
~Buffy, The Gift.

[This message has been edited by Pixie-Muso (edited January 21, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:11 am

Hee hee, we have so many visitors here, with many new editions coming in every day. Including me, since I've only been on the board since yesterday. Glad the board gets such a great response though *insert enthsuastic applause*

WillowOnly would also like to add that she is from Maryland and thought some people would like to know.

[This message has been edited by WillowOnly (edited January 22, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:11 am

WoW! this is so cool! we are a huge willow+tara+kitty family! amazing! if only we could all get 2gether in person, it would fill up a whole stadium... heh.heh. i raise my glass to say cheers everyone and peace to all of you! let Willow and Tara's love shine upon us forever! thanks En for that survey!

------------------
Willow and Tara's Room
"...this is the room where you don't have to be brave..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:12 am

Hey, WillowOnly!

WooHoo to the Maryland Kitties!

(I was honestly beginning to think everyone was either from the Bay Area or Oz....not that those are bad things, of course!)

love,

e.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Kittens around the world

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:12 am

How many of the Florida Kitties are in the Tampa Bay Area? Besides me, of course!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design