Skip to content


Joss explains Willow and Tara

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:40 am

For a couple of weeks Joss,had heard alot of negitivity towards willow and tara (Gayness is the devil all that kind of hoo ha)He speaks out..that love is love. No matter who your inlove with its a wonderful thing. And I say.. YOU GO JOSS

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:41 am

Joss has always been very supportive of W/T. Especially at the beginning when there was a lot of negativity. His posts at the Bronze after New Moon Rising were wonderful (as were Amber's) Are those the comments you're referring to?

------------------
Tracy

Hear that Baby? You're my always.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:41 am

Yeah, are these new Joss comments? If so, where were they made?

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
(...and Marti's rather fond of them, too...)

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:41 am

I read this from a Buffy newsletter

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:41 am

I'm glad to know that Joss believes that "love is love", regardless of what shape it comes in. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:42 am

this is a bit surreal to me joss being supportive of w/t. i mean these are characters he made up in his head and it sounds like from the posts joss is talking to them saying "im supportive of your lifestyle feel free to be who you are". i dont know just seems kinda goofy.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:42 am

Hey whatever you want is fine with me. If you are happy then be that way and live. Just some guy better not come hitting on me or i might get very cranky!

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:42 am

And image what the world would be like if girls acted out everytime they were unwantingly hit on by guys? Would change a lot, don't you think?

------------------
"Believe me I don't want to go,
And it'll grieve me 'cause I love you so
But we both know..."

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:42 am

quote:
Originally posted by mucifer:
this is a bit surreal to me joss being supportive of w/t. i mean these are characters he made up in his head

Oh, don't be so surprised... I've heard of authors and other creative types who think of their characters as actual people.

J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, has admitted to having conversations with his characters. Some of them even convinced him to change plot points he thought he'd locked in stone, because it suited their story better.

I'm sure Joss can take the same amount of distance from his virtual 'daughters' and say, 'this is okay, I approve and affirm what you have between you'. And it's good to hear.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:42 am

quote:
Originally posted by Sam89:
Hey whatever you want is fine with me. If you are happy then be that way and live. Just some guy better not come hitting on me or i might get very cranky!

Sam that kind of attitude won't be tolerated here. If that is the way you feel keep it to yourself. It is an anti gay sentiment and it won't be accepted on the board. You do realize that you are insinuating gay bashing?

Anyway, don't bother arguing about it cause it is not and will never be accepted here. This is the only warning about this, this kind of attitude will result in banning. If you have questions mail me at xita@xita.org.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:43 am

quote:
Originally posted by Sam89:
Just some guy better not come hitting on me or i might get very cranky!

And do what?...hit him?, try to kill him?

Because we all know that nothing proves a guy's manliness more that beating up a gay guy who hits on him, it's so macho

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:43 am

But what if Sam were a girl?


Deeeep Thoughts.

:-)

love,

e.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:43 am

Eric it wouldn't really matter as we don't advocate violence, but before you jump to any conclusions, there is a history there. The kitten has a long memory.

Also, from the context of the sentence it is pretty clear what the statement is about. If anyone has any more questions about the moderation of the board, mail me at xita@xita.org, don't bring it on the board.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited January 24, 2002).]

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:43 am

Let me apologize, because I didn't know that there was a history, and I was actually being silly, not confrontational. I'd be the first person to react negatively to perceived 'bashing,' and was not remotely supporting the poster.

In other words, I didn't think about what I was posting being taken in the wrong context, and for that I'm sorry.

Back to the love!

e.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:43 am

Yes, ok, sorry I just didn't want an argument to start about this

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kalita:
Oh, don't be so surprised... I've heard of authors and other creative types who think of their characters as actual people.

Now who on earth would think that way? That's just crazy talk. I can't imagine anyone thinking like that. Nope. Certainly not me.

quote:
J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, has admitted to having conversations with his characters. Some of them even convinced him to change plot points he thought he'd locked in stone, because it suited their story better.

I've seen a interviews with Joss where he's mentioned two different times that Tara changed his story for him. The first, of course, was when Willow and Tara fell in love the first time he wrote them together. The second was when he was writing "Family." Originally Joss really [i:6356f4695f]was[/i:6356f4695f] going to make Tara part wood-sprite or something, and she told him that it was her family just making her think she was a demon.

I've had similar experiences myself. Or I would have had them, if I was the kind of person who had that stuff happen, which of course I'm not...

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
(...and Marti's rather fond of them, too...)

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 am

You go Joss!

I love it when famous people stand up for what they believe in. heh.

------------------
Tara: I am, you know.
Willow: What?
Tara: Yours.

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 am

Look, you know what? Some of us are pretty much just happy to be hit on, no matter who it's by. It's a compliment. And I always take it as such. Um, I mean, I will do, if it ever happens.

------------------
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." she muttered... ~ Four Months After by Capt. Murdock

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 am

I think what bothers some people isn't the being hit on. It is the method.

ps tommo I think i seen some kitties flirting with you on the board. are you just looking for attention?

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:44 am

Hey could someone post a transcript of this?
It would be nice to see the words of the man himself.

I too have seen a lot of the negativity directed towards W/T. Blows my mind really. Because A.) They obviously are in love and B.) Did people like Oz THAT much?

I'll chalk it up to another one of those things I'll just never understand, right along with Macroeconomics.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/~theotherside/

--
"Nobody gets me baby. I'm the wind!" - Tom Servo, MST3k

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:45 am

quote:
Originally posted by Web Warlock:
Did people like Oz THAT much?

It's been over two years since he left, and yet Wanda [b:e4fa3d3f4e]still[/b:e4fa3d3f4e] brings him up every chance she gets. Go figure.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
(...and Marti's rather fond of them, too...)

I

Tara
 


Joss explains Willow and Tara

Postby Willow » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:48 am

Excuse me, Dumbnotsosaintly...do I know you?

------------------
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." she muttered... ~ Four Months After by Capt. Murdock

I

Willow
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design