Skip to content


Aly in SFX!!!

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:39 pm

To put on here!!!!
(Just saw Icefire's thing,so edited this.)

That Amber Benson,she sure does like to talk about being straight hehheh

Also,the latest SFX has a Q and a interview with Alyson,with a full page pic,lovely.
Very worth looking for.


[This message has been edited by Tim (edited November 01, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:39 pm

Looks like Ill be having a bonanza at WH Smiths tomorrow, then (sorry, folks, couldnt go today.) Ill type and scan the Aly stuff from SFX whats on the cover? Lucky Im not really doing anything this w/end.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:39 pm

When mag articles come along,you must be a bit like a monk...shut away scribing for hours Accurate?

The SFX should be out Fri,it has a Ringwraith on the cover--there is a LOTR article with BEUATIFUL pictures--if there's any chance you could scan that too I know there's a few Tolkien fans on here...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:40 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Tim:
When mag articles come along,you must be a bit like a monk...shut away scribing for hours Accurate?

Yeah, something like that. My family put food through a hole in the door of my computer room every so often.
Ill do my best with the LoTR photos, though it might take me a while to do them. Thanks for the info.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:40 pm

Pardon if the thread title was a hassle--I thought a jokey approach would be better,and I posted it before I saw the earlier thread.

[This message has been edited by Tim (edited November 01, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:40 pm

Folks, it would really help if when we post magazine alerts that the issue DATE is mentioned. "Latest issue" is not very helpful considering the 1-to-3 month lag time it can take for some magazines to make it around the world and finally get on the stands.

Thanks!

-- Nick

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I shall invade WH Smiths tomorrow and demand one of each of their fine publications.

Katharyn

------------------
She's my always

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 pm

Here's the interview. I'll try and scan the photos this w/end.
SEASON 6 SPOILERS ABOUND!
(Nothing HUGE, but if you don't want to know, then don't read...)

Spellraiser
Shes the personification of lesbian chic for the Blink 182 generation. Kenneth Hubbard talks to Buffy the Vampire Slayers Alyson Hannigan.

More than most clichs, it can be said - and not very convincingly denied - that Alyson Hannigan is the cast member least like her character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Can you imagine Willow as an ex-soccer player? Can you conceive of Willow having tattoos on her back and ankle? What about her stepping out with a member of Marilyn Mansons band? She may share the petite dimensions and ghostly pallor of the Wiccan science geek but there the similarities end. But with the rumours of Willow shedding her hippy-dippy image this season, maybe well see a glimpse of a harder-edged Hannigan...

How much longer do you think Buffy can go on? Do you see yourself staying with it for a long time?
I always wanted the Golden Girls to slay some vampires, so I think thats okay. When were 80, we could still do this. I dont want to give up my day job.

How do you see Willows evolution throughout the course of the show? It seems as if she has grown as a person more than any other character, even Buffy herself.
If you think of where she started, she was sort of this shy introvert in high school that had a great brain. I think its those types of people in real life that actually evolve more. You can go back to the high school reunion or whatever, and those are the people that are really interesting and are doing something completely different than just studying their books in high school.

Where would you like to see Willow go in the sixth season?
I hope Willow gets taller, and she gets a tan.

Theres going to be a musical episode this year - are you looking forward to that?
Absolutely not. (Laughs slightly.) That is just not something Im looking forward to at all. There should be laws against my voice. Seriously, Im hoping for a really strong case of laryngitis that week.

When does Joss Whedon tell you whats going to happen with Willow?
He tells us right before TV Guide comes out so we dont have to read it for ourselves.

There are rumours that Willow is going to be the villain for much of this season.
Oh, I dont know. Well, actually, Ive only seen the first episode and that was yesterday that I read that.

If it was true, what kind of Bad Girl would Willow make?
Oh, dear, I dont know! Maybe a little bit of her evil Willow coming back, you know, from the other dimension. But I dont know.

Joss said he would be in favour of you wearing that costume from the Evil Willow episode if this comes to pass.
Nice! Thats good to know. See, you guys know more than I do!

What has been the most surprising aspect of this character for you?
I guess the power, the magic power, because she was so computer-oriented. I never really expected her to branch off into becoming a witch, and to have such a gift of that natural power that shes harnessing.

How fascinating is the Wiccan aspect to you?
Its very fascinating, but its also very intimidating, because I don t personally know anything, really, about it. So Im like always trying to make sense of the spells and always questioning whether these things are real...

Do you get feedback from real witches as to whether you are doing it right or not?
Not really. I mean, theyre supportive, but they never go Okay, that would never happen. Thank God!

How close are you in real life to your character?
Well, my friend was asked that, whether I was anything like this character, and he gave the perfect answer, which was that shes one of my personalities. So I always like that. Theres certain things that are quite similar, and then there are things that are totally different.

What are the similarities?
The similarities would be just the quirky sense of humour and the goofiness.

When the struggle over the show was going on in relation to the WB and UPN, did you feel caught in the middle at all?
No, not at all, because it doesnt really involve me, you know? I knew that the show was going to come back, I wasnt really worried about our jobs being taken away. And, actually, Im really excited. I really think its sort of putting another little fire under the show. I know Joss really wants to do well and sort of, like, you know, be, like Hey, look what stories you missed out on. I mean, not be, you know, like so na-na-na-na about it, but...

You think it might be better than if you had stayed on the WB?
I think so. Not that the WB didnt care, but I personally felt like I was on a backburner there. I never felt important. It was like, yeah, I knew they liked the show and loved having it and everything, but I dont know. I think they were worried about all of the other stuff.

At your first Buffy press interview five years ago , you were so shy and nervous. You barely said a word.
I know, I know!

How have you changed in the years since?
Um, I dont know. I guess Im a little more - I wouldnt say used to, but Im okay with answering. I dont feel like Im going to stick my foot in my moth, although I do Its just that Im a little more secure with the foot in the mouth. Ive gotten used to the taste. But I just feel a little more comfortable and at ease.

There were some complaints that the show wasnt going far enough in depicting the Willow/Tara relationship, that they often seemed more like roommates than lovers. But in the last few episodes you both seemed a lot closer because Willow was looking after Tara.
I think it was really a nice element. Obviously, it was a horrific thing - her brain was sucked and everything. But I like the fact that Willow would nurture, and she really was going to take care of Tara for as long as it took. And if she never got her brain back, then she would just take care of her, and I think that was really nice, and it sort of shows the love that they have for each other, through thick and thin. And it was nice.

Have you heard from the gay community about what kind of role model Willow is to them?
Ive had a really positive response from the people that Ive spoken with, and its just so rewarding. And mainly, like, the people that I just run into on the street and stuff. It really makes a difference in their lives. I mean, who can ask for anything more than that? And the show takes the relationship and really just makes it about two people in love and not Oh, look, were doing something different. And its just so nice, and its so wonderful to meet people that actually have been affected by it personally.

You and your boyfriend, Alexis Denisof, went to Papua New Guinea recently to do a documentary on the Huli Wigman tribe.
It was fabulous. It was such an amazing experience. It was just absolutely incredible. I felt like I was in a whole different world. They were just the most beautiful people, and it was such a rewarding experience. And also, because I went with [cable channel] E!, and they had scouted everything and talked to the tribes, it was so, just effortless. It was amazing. But I hope the show turns out well, because all I was doing was going Wow! I mean, thats really all I said the entire time, it was so overwhelming. It was all this input, and I was just speechless.

Did you have editorial control so that if you did make a fool out of yourself, you could cut it out?
No, I dont. Actually, my boyfriend and I went, and we said You know, if you dont have enough, we can go in and do voiceovers and talk about it. We were just taking it all in, so its hard to comment while its happening. But it was so incredible. It was one of those things that, in the 15th hour, in the middle of the night on the set of Buffy, in November, when things are really stressful, Im going to be like, Okay, Im going to go back to that place, and Im just going to level my head out again. And Ill go, You know what? Its just a television show.

Hows the auto racing going?
[Laughs] Well, I havent gotten any tickets, but yeah, I speed a lot.

But I meant the celebrity racing circuit...
Well, I did it last year, the year before this summer.

Are you retired, then...
No, but I came in pretty far back, so maybe theyll ask me to do it again. It was fun. I think that if I did it again, I would take more risks. I tink I was a little too safe. I was thinking No, no, theres a car, theres walls, I dont want to crash. But, actually, Melissa Joan Hart told me, No, no, you can just slam these things into walls, its fun! I was like, Oh my God! Shes, like, Just pretend theyre bumper cars, and I said I dont think so. No, no, theyre strong. So I think maybe I would apply her advice a little more. I had the fear factor; I was a little scared and intimidated. So I was, like, fourth from last.

Has the network switch affected your personal life? After all, your boyfriend and his show are now on a different network than yours.
I know. We thought Oh, no, its not going to affect us. But last night, when he was going to the WB party, I was like, Bye, honey! Thats a little odd.

You could have gone anyway.
I know, I now, but it was my friends birthday, and shes more important. I mean, to be the token little date or something like that, its not fun.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 pm

Thanks for the transcript tyche.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 pm

Shes the personification of lesbian chic for the Blink 182 generation.

Okay, I'll agree on the "personification of lesbian chic" part, but "the Blink 182 generation"?

Happy to be part of the Sex Pistols generation myself. Y'know, real punk rock.

Thanks for the typage, Mary-Jane!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:41 pm

Thank you for typing that up Tyche.
Could you tell us what issue this is exactly so we can change the thread title and you know I can buy the mag.
It is almost the same interview with Aly than the one that was published in TV Zone issue 143 and the one from X-POSE #61. The questions differ, but the answers are almost the same. Are these mags like ripping each other off, or us, cuz I will still buy this.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited November 03, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:42 pm

so this sfx is one news stands now?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:42 pm

Yeah, I noticed the similarities in her answers too. Maybe she's done so many interviews it's easier to give similar answers, or maybe the interview was part of a junket thing, in which case they'd just share out the answers between many different magazines.
The SFX is the December 2001 issue, #85. [edited to add correct details.] It has a horse and rider from 'Lord of the Rings' on the cover.

[This message has been edited by tyche (edited November 03, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:42 pm

It's a cool cool cool interview

What bugs me though is the way they ram down our throats that she's not Willow,I mean,fair enough,but she's not the craziest person either...she even discounted the "no similarities" thing in one question...
The thing that bugs me is,after a while it stops being,"She's not like Willow" and becomes "She's not like Willow,thank f**k--who'd want to be a nonentity like that!" in so many words,which is so ugly...

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited November 03, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:43 pm

quote:
Originally posted by tyche:

The SFX is (I think) the November 2001 issue. It has a horse and rider from 'Lord of the Rings' on the cover. I'll edit this to include the issue number when I get home.

I think this is actually December (though I have not got it yet) as November had Harry Potter on the cover. If so it would be issue 85.

Katharyn

------------------
She's my always

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:43 pm

Thanks for typing up yet another interview tyche your poor little fingers Aly has got so much more confident in interviews now I like it.

------------------
"I'm not really much for the timber"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:43 pm

I scanned some of the pictures from this interview and from this month's 'Starburst' and put them in my 'Buffy and Angel cast pictures' album here. (Click on the name of the album, then on 'show all' - they're the last few pics in the album.) Happy viewing.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:43 pm

Thank you Tyche.
I shall really have to get it tomorrow.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:43 pm

Thanks tyche.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:44 pm

SFX issue #85, December 2001. Has a Lord of the Rings cover - and a free James Marsters thingy too!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Aly in SFX!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:46 pm

Thanks tyche for the scans you have some really cool pictures in your album.

------------------
"I'm not really much for the timber"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design