Skip to content


Will there be more Willow & Tara intimacy?

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Will there be more Willow & Tara intimacy?

Postby Darn Salem Judges » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:35 pm

I was just sat thinking, staring in to space looking at the pretty stars *cough*, sorry got sidetracked! N e way, will there be more Willow & Tara intimacy scenes?

I mean, we've heard them kiss once, we've seen them kiss once, we've seen them in bed (hehehe!) etc.... But will there actually be more of that? I mean when Buffy & Riley were 2gether every scene they did involed a snog!!!

I know that WB didn't essentially allow lesbian stuff 2 be prominent, but maybe this move 2 UPN will allow us 2 c more?

Finger crossed that Willow & Tara's relationship moves from strength 2 strength, as it already is, and hopefully we'll c them live together!!

Emma xxx

[This message has been edited by Darn Salem Judges! (edited July 27, 2001).]

I

Jenny Scott
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 111
Registered: Jul 2001 posted July 27, 2001 19:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I admit i've been wondering about this myself...or is that thinking about it 24/7. Can any of you americans out there tell me what upn's position is on the whole lesbian thing. Bloody well better be better than wb's.
------------------
"The worlds about to be destroyed and i'm stuck in a traffic jam!"

[This message has been edited by Jenny Scott (edited July 27, 2001).]

IP: Logged

katydid
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 15
Registered: Sep 2001 posted July 27, 2001 19:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I surely hope that UPN is much better on the lesbian issue. That is the only part of the W/T relationship that I don't like. If you are going to make them a couple, treat them like every other couple on the show. Don't get me wrong, I love W/T...thats practically the whole reason I watch the show right now...I just think the relationship needs to be treated fairly...or it is still showing discrimination.
IP: Logged

sparrow
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 135
Registered: Jul 2001 posted July 27, 2001 19:34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too would love to see our girls more intimate however I have a funny feeling that the censors will have their say on what is shown. UPN has given Joss and Co. the green light to create the show in their vision but I don't know how far they can go with intimacy between Willow and Tara. We live in a society were it is perfectly grand to see men and woman shag but if the hint of two woman even getting close the censor powers that be spaz. I can only hope that we see our girls live together and show how loving their relationship is, it is only natural. When you love someone you can't take your hands off of them.

IP: Logged

Zahir
Gay Now!


Posts: 1202
Registered: Nov 2000 posted July 27, 2001 20:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myself, I'm hoping for semi-nudes scenes of the type we sometimes saw on Star Trek and the kind of coy hints of sexuality that is show regularly on Seven Days.
So maybe tasteful shower scenes are not out of the question...

Or Buffy and Giles walking in on our favorite witches at just the wrong (or right) moment...

Heh heh heh

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

IP: Logged

TaraMaclay
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 285
Registered: Jun 2001 posted July 27, 2001 21:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Darn Salem Judges!:
I was just sat thinking, staring in to space looking at the pretty stars *cough*, sorry got sidetracked! N e way, will there be more Willow & Tara intimacy scenes?
I know that WB didn't essentially allow lesbian stuff 2 be prominent, but maybe this move 2 UPN will allow us 2 c more?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we can thank God that it isn't on the WB anymore. Yeah.

UPN might be a little more open minded on that subject. I guess the we all should just watch some of the UPN shows and pay attention if they have more of those types of scenes.


quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sparrow
I too would love to see our girls more intimate however I have a funny feeling that the censors will have their say on what is shown. UPN has given Joss and Co. the green light to create the show in their vision but I don't know how far they can go with intimacy between Willow and Tara.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is not a show on broadcast TV (Cable like HBo don't count) that the specific censor do not have thier own say with. Ever S&P Dept. has thier own codes of stabdards. However, there are a few S&P's that all of them agree upon. But the Gay/Lesbian relationship issues may or may not one of them.


------------------
IM: Taramaclay69

Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.

[This message has been edited by TaraMaclay (edited July 27, 2001).]

IP: Logged

tommo
Lesbian Gay Type Lover


Posts: 4669
Registered: Sep 2000 posted July 27, 2001 22:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, there will be. Without a doubt. It's terribly silly not to really, isn't it?
And UPN being what it is, I'm sure they'll be more relaxed on the lesbian front.

Heh heh, lesbian front...sorry...

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

IP: Logged

taras_girl
Floating Rose


Posts: 45
Registered: Jun 2001 posted July 27, 2001 23:37
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And hey, if they want to show WB, that'[d be the way to do it coz more people would watch! They'd kick the WB's ass!
------------------
If cuteness were a currency, Willow and Tara would be millionares.

IP: Logged

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico


Posts: 5635
Registered: Sep 2000 posted July 27, 2001 23:58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why I am mentioning this here, but ABC is going to show Saving Private Ryan uncut, bad word, blood and guts and all. That's like pretty rare on network television. The networks are losing viewers to cable and the internet. If they want to keep up they are going to have to allow more and more things. Who better than a netlet to take more risks? WB was too teenage entrenched, not to say UPN isn't but that was a big hiderance.
IP: Logged

Wiccagrrl
Big Pineapple


Posts: 1006
Registered: Sep 2000 posted July 28, 2001 00:34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think UPN will tend to be more relaxed about the W/T ship and some physicality. In general, they seem to be less restrictive censor-ship-wise. Plus, they bought Buffy knowing about the W/T ship- this wasn't something that came about much to their surprise (and possibly chagrin) I have more concern about the marketing department than any censorship. That they'll allow a lot more intimacy, but that they'll want to be able to use it/promote it/exploit it.
------------------
Tracy

Hear that Baby? You're my always.

IP: Logged

Tree
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 98
Registered: Jul 2001 posted July 28, 2001 02:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that UPN will be more open-minded about Willow and Tara's physical relationship than the WB was. At least I seriously doubt they'd have any problems with them snuggling together in bed a la the WB. I mean, with how rigorously UPN went after Buffy and how much they paid for the show I think they might back off of them for a while as far as censorship. So far, the way Joss is making it sound in interviews, they're pretty much letting him have the run of things, figuratively speaking. They may have some qualms down the line, and they may knock heads with Joss but I seriously think they will be more open-minded to his ideas and his visions for Buffy. I mean think about it, they need the ratings of a hit show like Buffy more than the WB did.
But that is a very good point, Wiccagrrl, if I were Joss, I would want to be careful of how UPN promotes things. The may try to turn things into publicity. They are a network that caters to a male-dominated audience.

IP: Logged

trinity81
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 106
Registered: Apr 2001 posted July 28, 2001 08:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully the 'Upn' will be more open minded then the 'Wb' was.
I agree with "katydid", it's true that if you are going to show a lesbian relationship on Tv, at least treat them like any other couple.
The less they allow to be shown of the couple being intimate, the more they are presenting to the public that what lesbian couples do together is somehow wrong.
I say Yay, to lesbian intimacy on tv!

IP: Logged

Kiwiccan
Big Pineapple


Posts: 1043
Registered: Sep 2000 posted July 28, 2001 08:28
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Joss intends to keep this relationship intact and true-to-life, I'm sure we'll get many snuggles and some kisses. Not sure where on the body the kisses will be though.
I know what I would like to see.

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a; May the Amber Force be with you.
Keeper of my own insanity
"I love being a girl, having a girl.." ~as sung by Amber Benson in the UK

IP: Logged

Darn Salem Judges!
Floating Rose


Posts: 45
Registered: Jul 2001 posted July 28, 2001 12:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanx 2 all u guys who have replied 2 my post!!
1 thing that really bugs me is the fact that there's all this fuss of being PC towards gay and lesbian couples, when on TV shows gay and lesbian couples can't so much as touch each other with a barge pole b4 it is censored!!

I say it's time 2 discard the barge poles and all the censorship, and let Willow & Tara have intimacy!!

Emma xxx

------------------
"I am just a human being, and feel I deserve to be treated as such. I also feel that Tara deserves to be treated with a little more kindness and compassion. Yes, I am not a STICK. I am a NORMAL, HEALTHY (I was gonna say GIRL, but...) WOMAN. I have breasts and hips, and I am very happy that they are part of me." - AMBER BENSON

IP: Logged

tommo
Lesbian Gay Type Lover


Posts: 4669
Registered: Sep 2000 posted July 28, 2001 14:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think perhaps the fact that Buffy is often perceived as a teenage show (and I know we've discussed this before) can perhaps colour some of the treatment the relationship might get in the future. Although, you know, I can't think of a better example, or two better role models for young people to have. It's so clear that this relationship isn't just about sex, or sexual attraction. There's mutual respect and honest love in it. So far we've seen that above the physical stuff.
------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

IP: Logged

TaraMaclay
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 285
Registered: Jun 2001 posted July 28, 2001 16:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was watchin 'The Body' again. I still say it was the best of the season..
Ok, I'm going to take this from the point of FOX Not really from UPN:

Everyone's heard the they've let Joss have a lot of control over his show(s). Ok, possibly complete control.

There's alway's going to be S&P getting in the way a little bit. Happens to every show in one way or another.

Anyway, if FOX had wasnted to excersice that much control ove the show. There would never have been a kiss in the first place. much less W/T shown under the covers together. True, they were clothed.

FOX could have made Joss write it out, but they didn't. UPN may be a little more open minded. Depends on the shows that they shown in the past.

If so, there may be more shown. Still nothing to risque (sp?), but mostly another kiss, snuggles in bed, huggies, etc.

Let's just hope that I'm right about this.


------------------
IM: Taramaclay69

Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted July 28, 2001 17:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh I just need to bump this thread. TaraMaclay, I am not sure they could have stopped the kiss, Joss meant it when he said he would be walking out if they did.
As for next year, judging from comments here and there, especially Amber's , I assume we *will* see more of the kissing snuggly goodness. Not that we have been completely deprived so far, we have gotten some real precious W/T moments. I am hoping for more however.

IP: Logged

Anyalvr
Willowhand


Posts: 466
Registered: Dec 2000 posted July 28, 2001 21:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to see more smoochies but not to overdo it. I think you can say a lot about a relationship without showing skin.
Take for example, my favorite romantic movie, Before Sunrise. Very artsy. Two people walk around Vienna talking. They talk about wehter or not to have sex, but apparently they do - however, the only hint of this is that in once scene the girl has on her shirt under her umbrealla dress and the next morning she does not. Task accomplished.

I wouldn't like too much skin, but a bit more snuggles and hand-holding. I do NOt want Willow and Tara to reach Buffy-Riley status, because that was a bit much and I was turned off by it. Heck, even Spike and the Buffybot was a bit too much for me.

------------------
"I tried to be unlovable/why couldn't you do the same?"

-(jewel)

"Spank us 'til Tuesday! We promise to be bad if you do!"
-(drusilla, angel)

IP: Logged

GODisTigger
Willowhand


Posts: 495
Registered: May 2001 posted July 28, 2001 22:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Darn Salem Judges!:
when on TV shows gay and lesbian couples can't so much as touch each other with a barge pole b4 it is censored!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it depends on what they want to do with that barge pole.

D

IP: Logged

drlloyd11
Sassy Eggs


Posts: 532
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 08, 2001 18:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUMP for the memories
IP: Logged

Warduke
Gay Now!


Posts: 1938
Registered: Nov 2000 posted November 08, 2001 18:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a difference a few months make, from elbow touching on the WB, to Willow going downtown on UPN...yes, life is good on UPN
IP: Logged

wiccie
Willowhand


Posts: 489
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 08, 2001 18:12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dr.lloyd, don't you mean "mammaries"?
I just couldn't resist that one...

IP: Logged

AutumnT
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 94
Registered: Jul 2001 posted November 08, 2001 18:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Warduke:
What a difference a few months make, from elbow touching on the WB, to Willow going downtown on UPN...yes, life is good on UPN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I knew things were going to be different when they were kissing within like 5 minutes on UPN. Seemed to be a statement to me after all the flack the WB gave Joss about "The Body".

Made me decide right away I lurve the UPN.


IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 08, 2001 18:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great bump Drlloyd.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kiwiccan:
If Joss intends to keep this relationship intact and true-to-life, I'm sure we'll get many snuggles and some kisses. Not sure where on the body the kisses will be though.
I know what I would like to see.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we know eh Paula?

IP: Logged

littlekitty
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 60
Registered: May 2001 posted November 08, 2001 19:49
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought the physical intamicy in The Musical was pretty good. With the whole bed scene... and.. the floating...and the high notes.. and the...yeah.*blushes and runs away*

Wiccagrrl
Big Pineapple


Posts: 1006
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 08, 2001 21:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, who woulda thought we'd come so far so fast? (Quoting Buffy...I really just said that, didn't I?) Anyway, fun to reread this thread at this point.
------------------
Tracy

Hear that Baby? You're my always.

IP: Logged

Hugin
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico


Posts: 1038
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 08, 2001 22:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, rereading this thread is so funny and weird, considering what's we've gotten on UPN thus far. Snuggles, bed scenes, kisses,*cough* "getting the books". And no cheesy titilating promos at all. Pretty amazing.
Hm..maybe I can jinx us (positively) for later this season. *ahem*

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that Joss and UPN will never show us Willow and Tara kissing or making out passionately. Surely there will be no non-musical repises of the com-plete scene. Nope. Quite certain. I can't possibly be wrong on this one.

(len crosses his fingers and hopes like heck that his predictions fall flat on thier face)

-len

IP: Logged

Lilith_wt
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 11
Registered: Oct 2001 posted November 08, 2001 23:24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kiwiccan:
If Joss intends to keep this relationship intact and true-to-life, I'm sure we'll get many snuggles and some kisses. Not sure where on the body the kisses will be though.
I know what I would like to see.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes yes real to life..all couples snuggle and kiss and i think we should see more of willow and tara kisses....i dont mean that the whole show should just be willow and tara making out.......oh wait is that such a bad idea...hehehe....but yeah i think they should be treated like any other couple and get as much smoochie time!!! all for this raise your hand !!!


------------------
" Must I dream and always see your face ?" -Jeff Buckley-

IP: Logged

tommo
Lesbian Gay Type Lover


Posts: 4669
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 09, 2001 01:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lilith_wt:
i dont mean that the whole show should just be willow and tara making out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me one good reason why not?

------------------
"I'm not large with the butch." ~ Willow

IP: Logged

Riayn
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 01:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Joss and UPN have done a great job in portraying Willow and Tara the same as every other couple currently on the show. I see no reason to believe that this is not going to continue.
Sure, I would like to see more, but then again when we saw a lot of Buffy and Riley it was just a little too much. A lot of people complained about it, so I think might of scared the team of showing too much of anyone having wild nookie on Buffy, including Willow and Tara.

I will be quite content if they continue to allow them to be as snuggly and affectionate as they have been so far on UPN.


IP: Logged

Lilith_wt
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 11
Registered: Oct 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tommo:
Give me one good reason why not?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ook ok ive thought about it and yumm yeah the show should just be called "willow and tara the complete make out sessions" hehe or umm they could just make a porno...hhaha...oh god iam dreaming again...i hope no one gets offended by that..but it would be hot to see those beautiful gals doin' the deed.
later

------------------
" Must I dream and always see your face ?" -Jeff Buckley-

IP: Logged

juri-sempai
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to bring a downer but...
Let us not forget. Amber and Alyson might have just a bit of objection in doing those more intimate scenes. Got to take into account how they feel about things.

But more Willow and Tara goodness! Yes yes, I agree!

Ummm... why exactly was Tara floating? ;D

------------------
"Believe in miracles, that they will know your
true feelings."

"You know what's weird?"
"Japanese commercials are
weird."

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why would you think that they would object? It is not as if they have not done the more intimate type scenes in other movies.
[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

wiccie
Willowhand


Posts: 489
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, other than feeling uncomfortable with intimate scenes *in general* (which most actors have, 'cuz it's just weird to make out with someone you're not involved with) , I seriously doubt that Aly or Amber would have problems doing tastful, loving scenes together.
Everything in their interviews points to zero homophobia - in fact, they've complimented each other on kissing style and have repeatedly stated that their hot onscreen chemistry is probably because they've been friends for years and trust each other.

On the other hand, Aly had also said that kissing Seth Green felt wrong because they had been friends for soooo long (since they were each, like, 13) he felt like a brother.


[This message has been edited by wiccie (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah Wiccie, but she *never* said that kissing Amber felt like kissing her sister.
IP: Logged

wiccie
Willowhand


Posts: 489
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Dr.G, gimme my brain back!
I know we have to share it, but it's MY turn with the brain...

IP: Logged

delany
Floating Rose


Posts: 48
Registered: Oct 2001 posted November 09, 2001 02:56
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a hopeless romantic who'd take the strolling down a beach during a sunset holding hands in silence, instead of wild nekkid bumpin grindin pumpin heavin wheezin achievin primal sex anyday.
I'm not a prude but.. okay yes i am a prude. but just a little one.
I'd like to see them lying down in a park, little picanic basket, champagne glasses with apple juice.. spread beneath a willow tree..
I really like where w/t are at now. And besides, it's the things that make you go HMMM that really make them so cute!! and of course it's the stuff that lets our fantastic fanfic writers spill they're creative juices.
del

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 03:03
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*solemnly hands the Kitten brain back over to Wiccie*
Use it wisely my friend.

Right there with ya Delany, I still love all the cute little touches as much as ever, I just really do not mind any W/T scene they might throw at me.
Speaking of a little touch scene that had me go awww from the musical. When they are all singing together in the magic shop in the beginning W/T are holding hands, fingers entwined you know, then Tara brings up her left hand to play with Willow's thumb. Ah yeah, that made me go awwww.

IP: Logged

juri-sempai
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 03:57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have the resources to even know where to read articles regarding BtVS or more importantly Amber and Alyson and their thoughts on their characters. Hence the newbieness of my icon. *points to the wannablessedbe* ^^ I think I've read two articles and both actresses praised the other girl highly.
Umm so don't hurt me.

As long as both girls are a-okay with it. Then I say more Willow/Tara action! Even though it's the sweet touches and glances that make my heart go thump-thump more than anything.

Like in the musical when they're all standing around singing in the beginning. Tara's got her arm around Willow's waist and her hand is lightly stroking her back. It's very cute.

------------------
"Believe in miracles, that they will know your
true feelings."

"You know what's weird?"
"Japanese commercials are
weird."

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 04:22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh we were not hurting you. Trust me. We're just very protective of W/T and A/A.
Seriously, if you want to read more articles, you can just browse through all the old threads, just look at the thread titles to see which might contain an article, because I promise you, every Amber/Aly article there is is either posted or linked on the Kitten.

IP: Logged

juri-sempai
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 04:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh I can be protective too. Willow and Tara are a wonderful couple. I love the way Joss conveys the relationship on screen. Not too much but just enough to give that old imagination a kick in the head. You can easily tell from the touches and the glances and the words just how much they mean to each other. They just oooooze love. They're scenes together on scene have been, by far, my favorite. And I love how much they compliment each other (not as in 'oh you look good in that').
I want to see more of them being cute. More on-screen cute time for Willow and Tara. Because this is one couple that deserves it.

------------------
"Believe in miracles, that they will know your
true feelings."

"You know what's weird?"
"Japanese commercials are
weird."

IP: Logged

shellybean
Doll's Eye Crystal


Posts: 58
Registered: May 2001 posted November 09, 2001 04:38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the UPN is awesome! I was so against the move from the WB from the UPN but now I'm thanking god for the move! I love how much they let Joss get away with. they totally and completely treat willow and tara like they're in a normal relationship with kisses and cute before bed moments!
IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 04:46
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
juri-sempai, I hear ya, and could not agree more. Well put.
Every single look and touch they have shared from the very beginning shows the love and passion that they share. I have never seen their like. I never will.
To think we already have gotten more time this season, and still it isn't enough. *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

juri-sempai
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 05:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. G: Thanks for the kind words. Much posting from me. I'm trying to get my icon to change - in case you couldn't tell.
I have to praise Amber and Alyson's portrayal of these two wonderful characters. Without their dedication and their love (for their characters and the show) we wouldn't have such a great relationship on screen. Their chemistry is great! Regardless of whatever potions and magicks they used to get Willow and Tara to where they are. ^^

I look forward to watching these two women (characters and actresses alike) grow. I think Joss and UPN are just the people to help get this relationship blossoming even more. So I have faith in all of them. We need a good positive relationship on BtVS. I don't know about you all... but I want that positive role model to be Willow and Tara more than anyone else.

All this... and they're cute to boot.

------------------
"Believe in miracles, that they will know your
true feelings."

"You know what's weird?"
"Japanese commercials are
weird."

IP: Logged

WiccanBex
Gay Now!


Posts: 1203
Registered: Jun 2001 posted November 09, 2001 05:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i love UPN - i've said it before... but it's true!
nearly a season and a half we waited on the WB for just *one* kiss... not that it wasn't worth the wait... but still...

5 minutes on the UPN and we got the first kiss of the season. UPN rules!

i like the way they treat the w/t relationship - i think it would get cheesy and boring if all they did was make-out... not that i'd complain... but it's better this way... it's sweet and romantic.

edited to add: I'm Gay Now! yay me!

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

[This message has been edited by WiccanBex (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 05:29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hee hee juri-sempai, I am trying to get my icon to change as well, only 694 for me to go. Keep saying wonderful things like that and yours will change sooner I am sure.
Bex, I don't think W/T could *ever* get boring.
I would like to see that making up and out scene, but I would never want to miss all the cute little handholds and looks, I love going through the scenes frame by frame looking for the tiniest touch. This is in no way a sign of obsession right? Right?

Anyway, I doubt we need to worry, even if he could, I don't think Joss would just be showing us W/T make out sessions from now on. Just a few maybe.

Editing to add:

Woo Hoo Bex! Go with the Gayness!!!




[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

juri-sempai
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 05:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. G: Frame by frame? Heh. It's good to know I'm not the only obsessed fan. I use that term as a compliment, btw.
The making up and then making out scene. Yes, I'm looking forward to that as well. But I guess that whole subject is made for another thread (at least the making up part).

One of my favorite Willow/Tara subtle moments: During 'The Body' when Anya and Xander turn to wash his bloody hand off in the sink. Willow and Tara look to each other. And you can catch Willow mouthing, "I love you" to Tara. Awwwwwww... so cute. See? It's the subtley of things that show just how much they love each other.

------------------
"Believe in miracles, that they will know your
true feelings."

"You know what's weird?"
"Japanese commercials are
weird."

IP: Logged

Dr.G
Strong like an Amazon


Posts: 3312
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 06:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah the Body, happy memories. Yeah I love that scene, and the tummy rub scene as well, but at the time it was the kiss that got us -uhm- excited the most. It inspired two threads alone, two, because we broke the first.
Well, now I shall tear myself away from the board. ouch. I shall not reach level 10 today anyway I think.

IP: Logged

spellbound 13
Blessed Wannabe


Posts: 4
Registered: Nov 2001 posted November 09, 2001 06:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeh you are right Salem J.I was thinking the same.Even Dawn's first kiss was a long one.We only have seen a couple of liplocks between Will and Tara.Well we have to wait and see what the future brings for our 2 girls!!!!
Nicole
IP: Logged

WiccanBex
Gay Now!


Posts: 1203
Registered: Jun 2001 posted November 09, 2001 09:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oooh! i got the big red scrolling fonts
thanks garfield

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site


xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico


Posts: 5635
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 09, 2001 10:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by delany:
I really like where w/t are at now. And besides, it's the things that make you go HMMM that really make them so cute!! and of course it's the stuff that lets our fantastic fanfic writers spill they're creative juices.
del


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy did I have some weird images going through my head with that one. I kept thinking of Ruth and her juices flowing, hmm anyway.

Aly and Amber have both had love scnes with women in the movies (well making out at least), I don't think they mind doing it at all. I'd be curious to hear Amber talking about Aly on top of her and if that was easier than other type things for her because they are friends. We all know Amber gets all nervous when it gets romantic.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

Tim
Floating Rose


Posts: 37
Registered: Oct 2001 posted November 09, 2001 10:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah,good point!
They've both expressed positive stuff about being okay with kissing,I should'nt think anything they can show at 8pm should be a problem...Joss was very vocal at Nocturnal about being okay with stuff...
For me,there's a LOT you can do to show intimacy at 8pm,and Joss has more imagination then a small planet,so I think there's more to come,definitely.


IP: Logged

The Rose
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 192
Registered: Jun 2001 posted November 09, 2001 10:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What movies has Amber and Aly been in where
they have make out scenes with women?
IP: Logged

Tim
Floating Rose


Posts: 37
Registered: Oct 2001 posted November 09, 2001 11:18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(hand up)I know of two...
Alyson did a spoof of SMG's kiss in Cruel Intentions for an awards show,and Amber makes out with a few guys and one girl in her indie movie Chance

IP: Logged

Darn Salem Judges!
Floating Rose


Posts: 45
Registered: Jul 2001 posted November 09, 2001 11:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAD TOTALLY 4GOTTEN THAT I'D WRITTEN THIS POST!!!
It feels so weird reading this now...I rememeber when I wrote the topic, I was WISHING 4 so much more of Willow and Tara and their coupley goodness!!!

SO THANX 4 DIGGING IT OUT OF THE GRAVE!!(No pun regarding Buffy intended!)

N e way:

I LOVE COUPLEY GOODNESS!!

Love 2 all Kitties you guys rock!!

Emma
xxxx

------------------
"I think being a beautiful, heavy lesbian witch rocks!" - AMBER BENSON

[This message has been edited by Darn Salem Judges! (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico


Posts: 5635
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 09, 2001 11:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aly also kisses a woman in Beyond City Limits, I am pretty sure about that.
IP: Logged

Warduke
Gay Now!


Posts: 1938
Registered: Nov 2000 posted November 09, 2001 12:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aly does kiss a woman in Beyond The City Limits, you can see it in the trailer, a woman is on top of her and she goes in to kiss Aly, we don't actually see the kiss in the trailer but I'm sure you see it in the movie, and I'm guessing there's more then one kiss too
[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico


Posts: 5635
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 09, 2001 12:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian, yeah what i meant was is there a make out, you know? I do agree that there has to be more than just the one.
Plus that trailer was so grainy, you just can't be very sure.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited November 09, 2001).]

IP: Logged

wiccie
Willowhand


Posts: 489
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 14:23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And sadly, it seems "BCL" will never see the light of day - or distribution.
IP: Logged

Cici
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 264
Registered: Feb 2001 posted November 09, 2001 14:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can i see this kiss!???!??! Please tell me!!
- Cici

IP: Logged

mucifer
Cool Monster Fighter


Posts: 255
Registered: Sep 2000 posted November 09, 2001 14:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone else a little scared that that bedroom scene was the last hoorah for our girls and that they went out in a bang. i'm kinda nervous but then i'll try to be optimistic.
IP: Logged

wiccie
Willowhand


Posts: 489
Registered: Jan 2001 posted November 09, 2001 14:38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, CiCi, that's the problem - the movies these kisses are in haven't been released yet. Aly's kiss with - what? Nastassia Kinski if memory serves? - is in the Probably Never Going To Be Released "Beyond City Limits". Somewhere out there is a grainy, poor quality trailer that shows them leaning in to kiss, but not the actual smoochies.
Amber's self-made film "Chance" will mostly likely be released on the Indie circuit sometime, but who can say when...

edited to add:

I think the love scene was the "last bang" (ahem) for a while, but I do trust that after much acidy-stomachs and rollercoaster-y emotions the Gals will be together again.

Darn Salem Judges
 

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design