Skip to content


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Sean Gaffney » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:19 am

This just came out today, right? (If it was last week and everyone's discussed it, please feel free to @glaive me.)

This issue really knocked my socks off. Not the main plot with the vampires and the grieving mother, but instead the undertones of The Body. This takes place b/w that ep and the funeral, and shows everyone trying to cope.

Best of all, all the regulars are written wonderfully, ESPECIALLY Tara. The art may continue to vary, but I can easily hear Amber saying all these lines. Anya, Willow, and Xander were also dead on. There was even some disturbing foreshadowing for this season (though I doubt it was intentional) with magic being suggested and Tara being reticent.

BTW, where the art *is* good, it's very good, particularly the first and last pages.

Highly recommended. Sacrifice a deer to get this comic.

--SG
--".....like a mooncalf during the equinox."
--Tara, using a bad metaphor like a rake to the forehead

I

Sean Gaffney
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:20 am

Is this going to be way to painful to read in light of the last three weeks? Or should we save it for the makeup?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:20 am

Will relevant scans be forthcoming?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:20 am

quote:
Originally posted by Dazey:
Will relevant scans be forthcoming?

If no one else does I will on saturday (comic day)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:20 am

I've uploaded 4 pages from the comic! It's at the bottom here

------------------
"Everthing's just turning out so dark..."
"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:20 am

i am starting to pray to the goddess xita. she always come through! gracias, linda!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:21 am

Thanks for the scans xita.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:21 am

Oh thank you Xita , damn that last pic is so sad. Great scans, great comic as well, I think the drawings are very good, getting better they are.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:21 am

thanks xita!

------------------
How are you?
A little confused. I mean, I'm all sweaty, and trapped, no memory, hiding in a pipe from a vampire. And I think I'm kinda gay...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:21 am

Xita, you are an absolute ANGEL!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:21 am

Thanx for the great scans Xita.

Nicole

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:22 am

um..not that she is but am I crazy to feel that in comic Willow looks really butch?
Do you really not large with the butch,hon?
Okay okay,not making any sense again sorry.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:22 am

Thanks xita. Hard to think of Tara fighting with everyone though. Poor kid.

------------------
"Yeah, cheers, thanks a lot." ~ Patsy Stone

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:22 am

Thanks, Xita! That last page watered the old eyes though.

------------------
"Wish I could slay your demons..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.39 (spoilers)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:22 am

Ooh, excellent, thank you thank you xita!

Heh heh...Tara likes the box. Oh, that's so good. I wish that had been on the show.

Nice foreshadowy stuff.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design