Skip to content


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Jae » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:42 am

Okies folks, I realize I'm new, but from what I read of the FAQ I can start a topic, so all is well.
I have a bit of a quandary, you see, "Hush" is apparently airing in Canada on Monday (yay Space!) and so, of course, the introduction of Tara. I was wondering if people might be willing to suggest six episodes that would be the best "keepers" to tape. I think my parents would have a fit if I had any more than one permanent Buffy tape, but I would like to keep the best of the episodes.

So, if people would post suggestions for their fave 6, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks most kindly

Jae

I

Jae
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:42 am

Yikes... big yikes...

Only 6? That's tough...

Okay, I'd say:

"Hush"
"Who Are You"
"New Moon Rising"
"Family"
"Tough Love"

and

umm

Oddly enough, I'd say "Tabula Rasa," because even though Tara leaves at the end, the episode has more W/T romance in it than just about any other. If you can't handle the angst, though, then I'd suggest either "The Gift" or "Once More, With Feeling."

Either that, or wait until Willow and Tara get their reunion episode later in the year.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"

"...while i'm here, can I just echo what that other guy said? I think it went something like this: Amber Benson.... Amber Benson..." - Joss Whedon, November 6 2001

"Hannigan..... did you hear that?" - Joss Whedon, November 13 2001

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:42 am

Ah you really need to negotiate for more tapes. S4 has 3 must haves alone:

Hush: First Contact and Scorching Chemistry
Who Are You: I am you know...yours and the Flaming O Spell
New Moon Rising: Willow does what makes her h-h-h-happy

S5:

Family: *all* of it
Triangle: Hello, Gay Now
The Body: Hello, Kissing Now
Tough Love: Fighting - brainsuck - unconditional love
The Gift: Unbrainsuck - I will always find you - unconditional love

S6:
All the eps up to date, but especially The Bargaining, OMWF and Tabula Rasa

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:42 am

The episodes I'd suggest would be;
Hush
New Moon Rising
Family
The Body
Once More With Feeling
and Tabula Rasa

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:43 am

Ok

Tabula Rasa - one word Heat!
Tough Love - One word devotion!
Family - dance!
NMR - decision!
Hush - contact!
body - Kiss!


I don't think of the musical as a w/t episode but I have to have that because I do love it.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:43 am

I think I'm repeating a lot of people's choices, but...

Hush
NMR
Family
Tough Love
OMWF
Tabula Rasa

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:43 am

ok, i'm a little different (editing how i dont know how to read directions or the subject title either... I'm making a willow and tara video, the progression of their story if you will... not eactly w/t but still w/t in essence):

1) The Wish- LOVE evil, skanky Willow
2) Doppelgangland- LOVE evil, skanky Willow, *and i think i'm kinda gay* line
3) Hush- LOVE evil, skanky... uh, ok. no evil or skank just hands, willowhands and tarahands and the looks.
4) NMR- I love Oz. he's a true *hombre* in this episode. and the candle scene *shivers*
5) The Body- the kiss...
6) Tabula Rasa- just cause of the near kiss... it's their love story told all over again.

but i'd get the eight hour tape and finish off with:

7) the futer ep where willow and Tara get back together and have smoochies and snugglies and miss kitty returns!
8) the future ep where willow and tara have smoochies and snugglies and miss kitty has kittens. and they keep them away from spike

ok, now i'm just being silly...

------------------
TARA- We're forgetting about the troll. Let's pay attention to the troll.

[This message has been edited by Rane (edited December 07, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:43 am

This is a really tough one but I'll give it a try:

"Family"
"Once More, With Feeling"
"The Gift"
"New Moon Rising"
"The Body"
"Checkpoint"

Lonewolf

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:43 am

1. "Hush".
2. "This Year's Girl".
3. "Who Are You".
4. "New Moon Rising".
5. "Family".
6. "Tough Love".

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:44 am

With this order,in 30 years later,you can watch these again and remember how their relationship develope.

1. Hush - The begining of love era
2. Who Are You? - Oooh,flaming-O
3. New Moon Rising - Cuz..extraflamey YAYYYYY!!!
4. The Body - Cuz,the kiss
5. Tough Love - My always.
6. The Gift - Cuz,I'll always find you.
7. Once more with feeling - There is no excuse for this.It's the best.

Sorry,gotta be 7. ( Actually " Tabula Rasa " and " Family " should be taped too. )

Or more better,tape mostly just W/T scenes with a little bit of whole episode.With a good edit skill,you can still understand all episode and full of W/T goodness ( of course for when you watch it again 30 years later.)

edited cuz : for sake of ones who doesn't watch the epi yet.SORRY,big sorry.

[This message has been edited by Fuzz (edited December 07, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:44 am

Procrastination is you friend, at least when you have to write a "professional research proposal." If you aren't in graduate school, stay far, far away. That's my advise anyway.

Jae, honey, the fine art of hiding things in your closet, under your bed, & in your sock drawer can not be ignored when it comes to BTVS. But, if you really must have only 1 tape...

1) Hush
2) New Moon Rising
3) Family
4) Tough Love
5) Once More, with Feeling
6) Tabula Rasa

But, I really would suggest the purchase and careful hiding of many other tapes.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:46 am

I had the same thoughts. So here is what I did.

Bought an 8-hour tape and called the "Willow and Tara Episodes, Part 1".

I aggree with the lists here. But I also decided to add "Restless".
It gave us our first look into a different Tara, more like we know her now. Plus the little hints of what is to come, esp. "Randy"'s suit.

Plus "Restless" is a key element in my grand theory that Tara is WAY more powerful than anyone knows, including Willow.

I have a feeling that if things were reversed and it was Willow that was brian-sucked in "Tough Love", Buffy would have run to Glory's place in time to save *Glory* from Tara! She just is reeeally good at hiding it.

But yeah. All of Season 6. I gave up taping them all after my wife told we could get them on DVD when they come out. I mentioned we would need a DVD player. So she said, ok we will have to get one of those too!

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/~theotherside/
The DnD Community Council: http://www.dndcommunitycouncil.org/nbownw
--
"If that is all the Gods can do then I'm over to the Dark Side so fast!" - Tom Servo, MST3k

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:46 am

my list:
1. Hush - first contact plus there's that great joss episode in the back ground
2. new moon rising - who would have thought she'd choose the girl over the guy?! first time on tv! ( i think)
3. Family - the dance, the cute bed time story. Magic.
4. Tough love - angsty but in that nice. apple sauce. she's my girl. you're my always. *sigh*
5. OMWF - Under your spell. nuff said.
6. Tabula rasa - it sets you up with the funny stuff and w/t magnetism then it sucker punches you in the end. love it.

wow. so that's three josses, two rebeccas and a marti. that's the W/T shipper triumvirate right there.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:46 am

Sleeeeeepy.
Neat question of the day. Hmmm... I'd pick:

Hush (interlaced fingers and intense Scorpio insistence; "No, you ARE" going to grab my headboard while invoking every deity you know of on a daily basis from now on.)

Who Are You (*sigh*, *leer*)

Family (Insect reflection. Heehee. I still listen to that damned Melanie Doane song on a daily basis. And the fact that one of the most romantic love ballads I have ever heard is actually about a woman serenading her tv set just makes me love it all the more.)

Listening to Fear (I really, REALLY love the rooftop snuggly constellation naming scene, and "Teach me." Honestly, I think that it's one of the most subtly romantic moments of the entire ship. Possibly even my favorite moment, Flaming-O's and distraught smoochies aside.)

The Body (Tummy rubs and smoochies, and mouthed "I love yous" *sigh*)

Tabula Rasa (bow chicka bow bow)

------------------
Shiver me timberless.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:46 am

It is so hard to narrow it down to 6, how about an eight hour tape or hiding your collection in a secret hiding place. So many great epeisodes, so little tapes. I am only including Willow and Tara centric episodes, but the Buffy/Angel storyline has to be saved. Anyho here is my list.

1) Hush-They meet
2) Who Are You-The flaming O
3) New Moon Rising-She chooses wisly and all that unaired stuff we know, hoped for, prayed for happened.
4) Family-They dance
5) The Body-They kiss
6) Tough Love-She's my everything scene and Wil goes all darkest magik on Glory

If you have an 8 hour tape...
7) The Body-They kiss
8) Once More With Feeling(original version)-The floating O

Too many must have episodes, you need a secret stash.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:47 am

Here's my list ...
New Moon Rising
Family
The Body
Who Are You
Once More, With Feeling
Tough Love

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:47 am

YEah Hard, But I'll Try Too :

1.- Hush <- The Classic
2.- New Moon Rising <- The Choice!!
3.- Family <- aww
4.- Checkpoint <- We're Lesbian/Gay Type Lovers
5.- Tough Love <- She's Her Everything
6.- Once More With Feeling <- Under their Spell


-Liliana-

------------------
She's My Everything...

Willow-Tough Love

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:47 am

I'm in agreement with the "get a secret stash" folks. Way too many must haves.

BUT if I were forced (like my hubby could possibly do that) to only have one tape these are my choices.

1) Hush (they meet)
2) New Moon Rising (the choice is made)
3) Family (loved the whole episode, but the Dance was added bonus)
4) The Body (the Kiss)
5) Tough Love (the lovers spat, the brainsuck-y, "My everything", Willow fights for her girl, "My always", "She's my girl")
6) The Gift ("I'll always find you")

(and if its only a 6 hour tape and you're like me you wont have those pesky little commercials taking up valueble tape space. So you'd have plenty of room to stick another episode on the end of the tape)

7) Once More, With Feeling *uncut version* (Tara Sings)

(but if your smart, you'd get an 8 hour tape and get another 2 episodes use out of the darn thing, and in that case I'd tack on)

8) Tabula Rasa (angsty at the begining and the end, but nice romance in the middle)
9) Future episode where they get back together (major make-up smoochies, snugglies and sex)

------------------
Later dayz,
TrueXena

"I'm so evil, and skanky...and I think I'm kinda gay."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:47 am

Hm. Only six is tough.

Hush. They meet. And the handhold is sexy.

Who Are You. Tara lays her cards on the table. Faith essentially outs Willow officially to the audience. Tara meets the gang.

The Body. First onscreen kiss. They bolster each other in hard times, not just easy cute times.

Tough Love. First fight, which I maintain is basically Joss's repudiation of the members of the audience that can't deal with Willow being gay. And Willow's declaration of commitment to Tara.

Once More, With Feeling. The beginning of the song is too lovely to miss. The end of the song is too naughty to miss. First depiction of thier sex life. (The Flaming O was metaphor, and Who Are You is already on the list besides, so shush)

Tabula Rasa. Even with no memories, they know. And the tunnel scene is ridiculously sexy.

-len

[This message has been edited by Hugin (edited December 07, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:48 am

hmmm lets see...

hush - their first meeting. plus its a really good episode.

new moon rising - the first actualyy talking about willow adn tara's relationship. this is when it moved out of subtext.

family - so much character development for tara, plus her acception into the scoobies.

tough love - it shows willow's devotion to tara.

once more, with feeling - just a well written episode all around.

tabula rasa - yes it's angsty, but it is such a good epsiode. it has reminders of early willow and tara plus tara being strong at the end.

it was really hard to pick just six. this still leaves out many of my favorite moments in willow and tara's history like the kiss in 'the body' and so on.

------------------
"i don't get wild, wild on me equals 'spaz'"

"i worship beelzebub! i do his bidding. do you see any goats around? no! because i sacrificed them! all bow before SATAN!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:48 am

I guarantee this list would be different five minutes from now, but here goes. Most of these need no explaination.

1) Hush

2) New Moon Rising

3)The Yoko Factor (Willow shouts that Tara is her girlfriend in front of the gang. And Giles' "Bloody Hell!" is NOT to be missed.)

4) Family (not just the dance, but notice is given that Tara is officially a member of the Scooby family.)

5)Bargaining

6)Once More, With Feeling

S

------------------
"Wish I could slay your demons..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:48 am

Ive been puzzling over this myself. I tape all the regular episodes in sequence. But now that syndication is afoot Ive been deciding whether I should make an exclusive W/T tape.

Here are my picks:
1. Hush Where it all began
2. Who Are You I amYours and Flaming O.
3. New Moon Rising Extra flamey candle
4. Family Floating dance and Magic.
5. The Body The. Kiss.
6. Tough Love Lesbo Street Cred and applesauce.
(My suggestion is to edit out the commercials, that way you get an extra one or even two eps on a 6 hour tape)
7. The Gift Besides being a tremendous episode, who can resist I will always find you.

------------------
Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:48 am

Gee, I don't think i expected such a response, thanks all! You have inspired me, I shall now have to find a good hiding spot in my room and tape more...
As great an idea as editing the commercials out is, it isn't going to happen, sadly. I am often out of the house when Buffy is on, so have the tape machine set up. Though Space -does- seem to end every episode by 12:50 then have ten minutes of commercials.
Anyhoo, thanks again all! Feel free to keep posting if you feel like it, but I really really appreciate all of your advice. I may even go and write in the introduction thread (I've been procastinating.)

Jae

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:48 am

Well, here's as good a place to delurk as any!
If you don't mind taping on extended play, get an 8 hour tape. If I cut out bits of the opening credits (as well as all the commercials) I can fit 11 eps on one tape. Much better than 6! Unless you're planning to tape on SP.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:49 am

1.Hush
2.NMR
3.Famliy
4.Tough Love
5.OMWF
6.Smashed

Willow and Tara get back together, Willow and Tara get back together, Willow and Tara get back together.....Did it happen yet???

I

Unregistered(d)
 


If you could tape any 6 W/T episodes, which would they be?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:49 am

That's a tough question. Here are my picks.

"Hush"
"Who Are You"
"New Moon Rising"
"Family"
"Triangle"
"Tough Love"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design