Skip to content


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Hemiola » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:04 am

Given that the pictures posted below from "Bargaining" leave no doubt about the living arrangements of Willow and Tara (to us viewers, that is ), one has to ask if the "introduction scene" we have all speculated about has already taken place, or if Ira and Sheila are still "in the dark".
Herewith, two possible scenarios--

Scenario 1: They don't know.
Obviously they know (or have heard about) Joyce Summers' death, so perhaps Willow has told them that Bunny has asked her to move into the house to help out with her little sister. They MUST know that Willow isn't living on campus anymore, since one assumes that they are no longer receiving the bills for on-campus housing. And, of course, the fiction has been maintained that Bunny is still alive.

Scenario 2: They know.
Willow has told them that she is moving into the Summers home with the beautiful blond girl, Tasha (who seems very sweet, but isn't Jewish), since they are, in fact, "lesbian-gay-type-lovers". The fiction is still maintained, though, that Bunny is still alive.

So, what's the consensus? Any thoughts??

I

Hemiola
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:04 am

I don't know - it seemed like they were being pretty open by the end of season four, season five was just them getting even closer so i think that willow's parents must know by now - even taking into account how uninterested they have been in willow's life at times.
I think that Willow's parents wouldn't have been told about the death of buffy though.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:04 am

Xander(from B. vs. Dracula): "News flash Will! Everybody knows!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:04 am

i think they know... i think parents always know.

even if they haven't been formally told yet... i think they know.

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:04 am

Umm, well I am not sure if Willow's parens know or not, because they don't seem that close anyway...besides I lived with ym girlfriend for over 2 yrs before...my parents relaized or found out..I am sure that towards the end that might have assumed but it was confirmed after almost 3 yrs of living together...so anyhting is possible

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:05 am

I think # is the closest scenario. They know...but Sheila gets Tara's name wrong. No one outside the Scoobs know of Buffy's demise.

------------------
"Eat lot's of applesauce, preferably fed to you by attractive young lesbians." Amber Benson

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:05 am

I think they definitely know. How funny are you Hemiola! TASHA!!!! Much hilarity has ensued since I read that!

We know after Joyce died that Willow was spending more time at her parents house & I think they more than likely talked about it then for sure.

I suppose that they asked Willow about her plans for the summer as every parent would & she had to tell them that she was living at Buffy's place. They would wonder if she hadn't.

Plus, they didn't exactly hide their relationship with Tara's family, as for example, the hand holding & intimate talk at the Magic Box at the end of Family, or with the Watcher's Council or walking around campus holding hands, floating dance at the Bronze, etc. So for me that paves the way too for being open with Willow's folks.

Have a peachy day Kittens! Only 3 more days until the new Buffy!

------------------
kris

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:05 am

But even if the folks DO know, Joss should treat us to a really funny family get together scene with Will and Tara and the parents. Especially if they have to stay over...I always love parental awkwardness over sleeping arrangemets!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:05 am

Cool idea Tabitha! Sending idea telepathically to Joss & Marti!

------------------
kris

What advice would you give to someone who gets their brains sucked out?
Um ... eat a lot of apple sauce, preferably fed to you by attractive young lesbians. - Amber

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:05 am

I just think its funnier and more dramatic if they don't know--and we get to see them find out.

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:06 am

And what would be funnier still would be if Anya was there too so she could make casual references to T/W's sex life in front of the folks. Can you imagine Tara's face?!! Oooh, someone please write a fanfic on this one!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:06 am

ooh! a fanfic about willow parents finding out... someone should do that...

actually... i might do that...

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:06 am

Actually, I can imagine Willow's face, she was the one flustered by Tara sharing the tummy rubbing in front of all the others. Tara is full of surprises, she may not mind at all.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:06 am

Go Bex!
You can live out your worst nightmares and fondest dreams through that one

quote:
Originally posted by Dr.G:
Tara is full of surprises, she may not mind at all.

yeah, she might decide to show Ira her "crystal" collection...

[This message has been edited by Tabitha (edited October 06, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:06 am

I think every parent knows to some extent. Hence the deluge of comments my mother keeps making about 'people will think you're a couple'. A couple of what? Bookends? Pfff.

I'd like to see Ira and Sheila find out though, as Willow's mum always made me laugh in an agonised kind of way.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:07 am

you know....i think willow's parents know. i just have an intuitive feeling about it. but i would love to see the family get together idea described above, would be good comedy.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:07 am

I'm hoping that they don't know so we can see what happenes when they do but i guess it's more likely that they have been told.

------------------
"No, she's not coming back. It's going to be The Lesbian Witch Show." -- Amber.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:07 am

Okay, that 'Tasha' comment just had me picuring Tara with a shot bob cut, wearing a yellow Starfleet uniform... Don't mind me...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:07 am

I think this should be a two part question. Do they know? and Can they be stirred from their rampaging apathy to care? If you haven't picked up on it by now I really don't like these two at all.

It's a wonder Willow has turned out as well as she has. I'm just wondering if they gave her any more support when she was a child than they gave her during the time we've been watching her.

Do they know? I don't think so. If Willow's head exploded they might notice the mess in a month or two. It's a wonder that Social Services didn't take Willow away from what are obviously neglectful parents.

Do they care. (See above.) If they actually managed to notice (or had an explanation stapled to their foreheads) I don't think that they'd care at all. They don't seem to care about any other aspect of Willow's life, why should this be any more important.

Yep, I can see the whole 'Tasha' thing happening, but I don't think you could pry a reaction out of these two with a crowbar.


Olim fit ad Kalendas Graecas.
(It will happen at the Greek Kalends. [never])

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:08 am

My gracious thanks to all those who replied and commented.

Sadly, I have no skill at fiction writing. I sincerely hope that WiccanBex or someone with such skills will write a fic on this subject and let us ALL know where it is posted so that we can read it .

I can just imagine the dialogue--
Sheila: So, Tasha, what are you studying at UC Sunnydale?
Willow: It's TARA!
Sheila: Whatever.

[This message has been edited by Hemiola (edited October 06, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:08 am

I totally agree that really Willow's parents would know but that the possibilities for dramatic moments are incredible if they don't know. I'm also hoping that someone writes some fanfic on this topic - it could be really, really hilarious!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:08 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kalita:
Okay, that 'Tasha' comment just had me picuring Tara with a shot bob cut, wearing a yellow Starfleet uniform... Don't mind me...

ROTFLMAO...I laughed so loudly my brother woke up, he wasnt very pleased, he glared at me and went back to bed mumbling something about uzis and my head...should I be worried?

Edited to say: Now u really should picture her in the miniskirt version, yes I know Tasha never wore that, but it is so much more fun
Now I've suddenly got a visual of Willow as Dr Crusher...weird

[This message has been edited by DISASTERAREA (edited October 06, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:08 am

I'm in the "I don't want them to know because the comedic potential is too great" camp.

It's not like Willow and Tara have been hiding it from anyone else. Maybe they just haven't actually said it out loud to the Rosenberg parental units yet yet. And that's what I want to see. Whether they have already figured it out on their own or not.

Tasha... heh heh.

------------------
"The thing about magic? Theres always consequences. Always."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Do Ira and Sheila know yet?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:08 am

I need to read some fanfic on this! Come on, people, that's an offical challenge.

I think Willow told her parents after Buffy died. Something like that makes you change your views on secrets and family and the like.

But families believe what they want to. ::shrug::

Alliette

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design