Skip to content


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:35 pm

Here is the transcript of an article that I found in a french magazine. I try to translate it in english but I can't find anymore my dictionary french/english (!) *LOL*
There's two pics with this page normally: the same than the poster in BTVS magazine Uk (or France, now!) and the other is Amber with Christopher Golden dedicating the books. I haven't a scanner, sorry!

[U]Une sorcire Paris[U/]
---------------------------
C'est en allant faire l'interview de Christopher Golden, l'auteur de nombreux romans Buffy qui ddicacait ses livres la librairie Album, qu'on a rencontr son amie Amber Benson (Tara dans la srie Buffy)! Avec beaucoup de gentillesse, elle nous a accord un entretien.
_________________

SeriesTV: Est-ce que vous pourriez vous prsenter pour nos lecteurs?
Christopher Golden: Attendez, je vais le faire pour elle. Amber n'aime pas trop en parler mais elle est une touche--tout: elle est actrice, crivain, ralisatrice et elle a beaucoup de talent. Elle crit aussi bien qu'elle joue et a, c'est un grand compliment. Elle vient juste de produire, raliser et jouer dans son propre film appel Chance qui est encore en montage. Ensemble, on a crit le comic book Willow & Tara (publi en France chez Semic).

Quel est le futur de la srie? Dans quelle direction va Buffy maintenant?
Amber Benson: Vers UPN (rires). Buffy va rester la mme srie, mais avec UPN la srie devrait gagner en audience et en notorit. UPN apporte un plus gros budget, ce qui veut dire qu'on pourra avoir plus d'effets spciaux. C'est pas comme si on en n'avait pas assez, mais ce sera visuellement plus beau. Par ailleurs, ils ont dit qu'ils allaient laisser Joss Whedon (le crateur de la srie) avoir toute la libert qu'il veut. Du coup, il prvoit beaucoup de scnes lesbiennes cette saison... (rires)

Nous y voil. Vous pensez quoi du fait que votre personnage soit une lesbienne?
AB: Je suis trs contente de jouer Tara parce qu'elle est devenue une image positive pour les gays. Alors que Xena, au fond, utilisait la question lesbienne pour narguer le public, en le laissant toujours sur sa faim, dans le cas de Willow et Tara il s'agit d'une vraie relation. Ca n'a rien de racoleur: en fait, leur couple a plus de ralit et d'intensit que celui constitu par Buffy et Riley, qui n'arretent pas de coucher ensemble et qui en fin de compte n'est qu'une relation physique, ce qui est plus grave mon sens. Willow et Tara s'aiment vraiment! Ce sont deux femme qui s'aiment d'un amour pur. A l'cran, tout ce qu'on voit, c'est qu'elles se tiennent la main pendant 25 pisodes avant qu'elles ne finissent par s'embrasser. Ca reste toujours propre et de bon got. Je pense que c'est trs bien qu'il y ait une image positive de l'homosexualit dans la srie, et que c'est un message trs important passer,surtout aux adolescents, pour dire qu'il n'y a aucun mal ca.

Y'a-t-il eu des ractions ngatives? N'est-ce pas un risque?
AB: Je ne crois pas avoir jamais reu une lettre incendiaire cause de a mais plutt des lettres de flicitations. Mais tant donnes les circonstances terrifiantes du premier baiser de Willow et Tara, qui pourrait vraiment leur en vouloir? en fait beaucoup de fans se sont plaints quand Oz est revenu. Ils ne voulaient plus que Willow soit gay pour qu'elle puisse revenir avec lui. Joss prend souvent des risques, mais ils sont tuoujours calculs.

A la fin de la saison 5, Buffy est morte. Comment va-t-elle revenir?
AB: C'est Buffy, elle doit revenir. Mme si d'autres Tueuses sont mortes avant elle, elle n'est pas comme les autres... Elle est plutt comme Dracula, en fait, comme le montre le premier pisode.

Tu as parl d'un film que tu as produit et ralis, Chance, peux-tu nous en dire plus?
AB: C'est un film que j'ai crit et que j'ai financ de ma poche pour 25 000 dollars. Comme il n'y avait pas assez, on a lanc une souscription sur Internet et rcolt 25 000 dollars supplmentaires. C'est une comdie sentimentale o mon personnage, Chance, est amoureux d'un personnage jou par James Marsters.

------------------
Les chevaliers du zodiaque Contre les forces dmoniaques Gardent toujours au fond de leur coeur Le courage des vainqueurs

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:35 pm

I suggest the following translation page. It is quite handy: http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:36 pm

Cannelle, thanks for the article.

Autumn, thanks for the link.

as for the english translation: this is the result...

quote:

"It is while going to make the interview of Christopher Golden, the author of many Buffy novels who ddicacait his books with the Album bookshop, that one met his friend Amber Benson (Tared in the Buffy series)!

With much of kindness, it granted a maintenance _________________ to us SeriesTV: Could you present yourselves for our readers? Christopher Golden delicious: Wait, I will do it for it. Amber does not like too much to speak about it but it is touch-with-all: it is an actress, writer, ralisatrice and it has much talent. It writes as well as it plays and that, it is a great compliment. It has produced, realized and just played in its own film called Chance which is still in assembly. Together, one wrote the comic book Willow & Tara (published in France at Semic).

Which is the future of the series? In which direction does go Buffy now?
Amber Benson: Towards UPN (laughter). Buffy will remain the same series, but with UPN the series should gain in audience and notoriety. UPN brings a larger budget, which wants to say that one will be able to have more special effects. It is not as if there in were not enough, but it will be visually more beautiful. In addition, they said that they were going to let Joss Whedon (the creator of the series) have all the freedom which he wants. Blow, it envisages many scenes lesbians this season... (laughter)

Here we are. You think what owing to the fact that your character is a lesbian?
AB: I am very glad to play Tara because it became a positive image for the gays. Whereas Xena, at the bottom, used the lesbian question for narguer the public, by always leaving it about its hunger, in the case of Willow and Tara it is about a true relation. Ca does not have anything tout: in fact, their couple has more reality and of intensity that that consisted Buffy and Riley, which do not arretent to sleep together and which in the final analysis are only one physical relation, which is more serious in my view. Willow and Tared really like! They are two woman which likes of a pure love. With the screen, all that one sees, it is that they are held the hand during 25 episodes before they do not end up being embraced. Ca remains always clean and of good taste. I think that it is very although there is a positive image of homosexuality in the series, and that it is a message very significant to pass, especially with the teenagers, for saying that there is no evil with Ca.

Did Y' have negative reactions? Isn't this a risk?
AB: I never believe to have received a letter flamer because of that but rather of the letters of congratulations. But being given terrifying circumstances of the first Willow kiss and Tara, which could really be upset with them? in fact much of fans complained when OZ returned. They did not want any more that Willow is gay so that it can return with him. Joss often takes risks, but they are tuoujours calculated.

At the end of season 5, Buffy died. How will it return?
AB: It is Buffy, it must return. Even if other Tueuses died before it, it is not like the others... It is rather like Dracula, in fact, as the first episode shows it.

You about a film which you produced and realized, Chance, can you spoke say some to us more?
AB: It is a film which I wrote and which I financed of my pocket for 25 000 dollars. As there was not enough, one launched a subscription on Internet and collected 25 000 additional dollars. It is a sentimental comedy where my character, Chance, are in love with a character played by James Marsters.


the more info, the better eventho' the translation was kinda bad. oh well. atleast it's Amber! yeah! cheers and peace!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:36 pm

thanks for the translation, eek!

tres cool article, btw thanks for posting it Cannelle

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:36 pm

Canelle, what mag exactly is that ? I'm not sure.. maybe I could get one and get some scans done if there's anything new...

Rose

Edited to add : man, that translation thingy looks like a bad englich test from my junior high years... *g* Or actually if you read it out loud, it's pretty close to the way I speak nowadays, mixing languages up and all...

[This message has been edited by FrenchRose (edited August 09, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:36 pm

Oh yay on me, I can still read a little French, I cannot speak a word or understand it when spoken to me, but reading is ok. Thanks for posting it Cannelle.

Thanks for posting the translation as well Eek, it helped me understand the French version better *and* gave me a good chuckle as well.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited August 10, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:37 pm

quote:
Originally posted by FrenchRose:
Canelle, what mag exactly is that ?

it's SeriesTV. There is 4 pages about Xena too and Xena is on the cover with Spike.

+ I did the transcript of an article about Aly Hannigan from an old TV Hits. Do you want it?

[This message has been edited by Cannelle (edited August 10, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:37 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Cannelle:
it's SeriesTV. There is 4 pages about Xena too and Xena is on the cover with Spike.

+ I did the transcript of an article about Aly Hannigan from an old TV Hits. Do you want it?

[This message has been edited by Cannelle (edited August 10, 2001).]


Hmmmm.... Xena and Spike... That would be an interesting couple.

And YES!!! Please post that Aly article here. Thanks. I'm trying to get all the articles I can.


------------------
IM: Taramaclay69

Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.

[This message has been edited by TaraMaclay (edited August 10, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:37 pm

ROTFLMAONICW at that translation!! Thanks for the article... I love this:

At the end of season 5, Buffy died. How will it return?

Amber: It is Buffy, it must return.

------------------
Pen the Drummer loves you. You may also note that Jesus loves you.
"The rocks! The rocks! Make them stop! Make the rocks stop!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:37 pm

Thanks Cannelle. Nice interview. And yes, I chuckled also.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:37 pm

The translation was very amusing and hard to read. Made me wish I spoke some French.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:38 pm

Huh, the translation gave me more trouble than me trying to read the article with my trusty dictionary, but good laughs aplenty.

Thanks for the article.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:38 pm

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
The translation was very amusing and hard to read. Made me wish I spoke some French.

Yeah, I use the translation tool mostly so I can get the gist of what is being said. It's handy for different language websites and phrases as it has quite a few different language options, but it certainly does not capture the nuance.

For a really fun translation tool, run a page or phrase through this: http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/

Swedish Chef is my personal favorite. Bork Bork!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:38 pm

I don't remember the date, and don't worry, I'm translating the other article!

-------------
As Sidekick to the Buffster, Willow's always casting her magical spells. We caught up with Alyson Hannigan who plays her and
discovered she's just as bewitching.
-------------
BUFF BABE!
-------------

Q: So are you at all spooky and kooky like Willow?
A: Well Willow practices witchcraft so she's definitely a lot more magical than I am! I think her quirkness and goofiness is based
on me though and she's definitely a lot better at hacking into computers than I am!

Q: Do you love playing the role?
A: Yeah! Since Willow has been in college, she's grown into herself and she's learned to accept who she is Buffy is the kind of
person everyone would love to be - a superhero - but I think that a lot of people can really relate to Willow. That's what I
love most of all about my character.

Q: What's happening with Willow's girlfriend, Tara?
A: You'll have to wait and see! We're going to find out a huge secret about her real soon. Tara is a character who pops up now
and then and that makes things very interesting.

Q: Has Seth Green left the show or could Willow and Oz still get back together?
A: I don't think Seth will come back. It was his choice to leave and focus on movies. I think Joss (The show's creator) and the
rest of the cast felt a little hurt that he didn't want to do the show any more.

Q: Are you close to the other Buffy Cast members?
A: Definitely! We're one big family. Some of us hang out together when we're not working. Emma Caulfield (who plays Anya)
and I go shopping all the time and do a lot of things together.

Q: How's Michelle Trachtenberg (the actress who plays Buffy's li'l sis) doing?
A: She's fitting in perfectly! Michelle is a lot younger than everybody on the show so she must find that hard. We have to watch
our mouths around her even though she's 15 and has heard it all before!

Q: You worked with Freddie Prinze Jr. on the flick "Boys and Girls". What's he like?
A: Freddie's a sweetie! I don't know him that well, but he's really kind and very boy-ish. We had a big chat about comics and
basketball. He's a very cool and down to earth kinda guy.

Q: Will Freddie ever do a guest role on Buffy?
A: What? I haven't heard that rumour before! That's kinda funny. I don't think so though!

Q: And what about Britney Spears?
A: There was some truth in that rumour, but it's not gonna happen now. We were seeing whether our schedules could coincide,
but they didn't. It's a shame - they worked out a great part for her, but it'll work for another actress.

Q: Would Britney have been a vampire?
A: No! I can't give any more away because they may use the idea for someone else!

------------------
Les chevaliers du zodiaque Contre les forces dmoniaques Gardent toujours au fond de leur coeur Le courage des vainqueurs

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:38 pm

Oooh thank you for this! I was a bit concerned about Seth's departure and what she said about that. A little hurt? I hate the idea of bad blood between people.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:39 pm

merci Cannelle for the Aly interview. any old news is still good news as long as it's abt Aly and/or Amber.

btw what does the NICW at the end of ROTFLMAONICW mean, Wolfix or anyone? peace!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:39 pm

Heh heh Eek, I was wondering the same thing, I came up with *all* sorts of possible translations, none of which are true I think.

Thanks for the interview Cannelle, this must have been done early on in S5. Popping up now and again eh? Riiiiiiight, popping up now and forever I'd say.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited August 11, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:39 pm

Here is a best translation (I think?!) i hope that you will understand. I've made between [ and ] the expressions that I was not able to translate:
A witch in Paris
---------------------------
It's by going have an interview with Christopher Golden, author of many Buffy's novels who was dedicating his books in the Bookshop Album, that we met his friend Amber Benson (Tara in BTVS)! With much kindness, she accorded to us an interview.
_________________
SeriesTV: Could you introduce you for our readers?
Christopher Golden: Wait, I'll do it for her. Amber doesn't like much speak about it but she's a (touche-a-tout): she's an actress, a writer, a director and she's got a lot of talent. She writes as good that she acts and it's a great compliment. She has just produced, and acted in her own movie called Chance which is still in montage. Together, we have written the comic book Willow & Tara.

[B]What is the series' future? In which direction does BTVS go now?
Amber Benson: Towards UPN (laughter). BTVS will remain the same series, but with UPN the series should gain in audience and notoriety. UPN brings a larger budget, what means that we'll get more visual effects. It's not as if we didn't get enough
but it will be visually more beautiful. Otherwise, they said that they were going to let Joss Whedon have all the freedom which he wants. Now he thinks of making many lesbian scenes this season... (laughter).

Here we are. What do you think to the fact your character is a lesbian?
AB: I am very glad to play Tara because she became a positive image for the gays. Whereas Xena, finally, used the lesbian question for beard the public, [by always leaving it about its hunger, in the case of Willow and Tara it is about] a real relationship. [Ca n'a rien de racoleur]: in fact their couple has more reality and intensity than the couple constitued by Buffy and Riley, who do not stop to sleep together and which in the final analysis are only one physical relation, which is more serious in my view. Willow & Tara really love! They are two women who loves with a pure love. In the TV, all that one sees, it is that they are held their hands during 25 episodes before they end by kiss. It always stays clean and of good taste. I guess that it is very well there is a positive image of homosexuality in the series, and that it is a very significant message to pass, especially with the teenagers, for saying that there is no evil with it.

Did You get negative reactions? Isn't this a risk?
AB: I don't think to have received a heat letter but instead congratulations letters. But with terrifying circumstances of the first kiss between Willow and Tara, who could really be upset with them? In fact many fans complained when Oz came back
They did not want anymore Willow to be gay, to get back with him. Joss often takes risks, but they are always calculated.

In the end of season 5, Buffy died. How will she return?
AB: It is Buffy, she must return. Even if other Slayers died before her, she is not like the others... She is rather like Dracula, in fact, as the first episode shows it.

You talked about a film that you produced and realized, Chance, can you tell us more?
AB: It is a film which I wrote and which I financed of my pocket with 25 000 dollars. As this was not enough, we launched a subscription on Internet and collected 25 000 additional dollars. It is a sentimental comedy where my character, Chance, is in love with a character played by James Marsters

------------------
Les chevaliers du zodiaque Contre les forces dmoniaques Gardent toujours au fond de leur coeur Le courage des vainqueurs

I

Unregistered(d)
 


TRANSCRIPT: Article about Amber in a french magazine

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:39 pm

Holy smokes! She got that much from the fundraising?! Excellent!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design