Skip to content


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:25 pm

OK, so I'm slow, but I've never understood the references to Willowhand (except it's naughtiness, I understood it's naughtiness!), but after re-re-watching season five (box set- Yeah) I've finally found where it comes from (cue naughty raised eyebrowed witches!)
For the longest time I've been sitting in the dark, but finally somebody's lit an extra-flamey candle and I can see again (Sorry, it's late and I'm typing gibberish!)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm

Twiglet, welcome to the naughty club.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm

Yeah, better late than never! And wasn't Tara extra-cute in that scene?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm

Actual noise I made when Tara said "Willowhand" and smiled like that: "Gyyyuuuhhhhh...."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm

Swear to god Dazey, I read your post and I thought you said "Actual noise I made when Tara said "Willowhand" and [b:b900c4ffec]smelled[/b:b900c4ffec] like that: "Gyyyuuuhhhhh...."

And I was like shpdoinkle.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm

Schpadionkle!

Was Xander making reference to Cannibal the Musical when he said that!? It has been bugging me.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:27 pm

Xita, is that the famous 'sniffing scene' that's now lying on the cutting room floor?

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:27 pm

Joy, I think Xander WAS referencing C!TM, and I smile everytime I watch The Gift 'cuz of it. Of course the smile comes back when Tara and Willow are reunited, but then it's stomped on, smashed to pieces, and replaced by tears at the end of the ep.

Sarah <- a big fan of Cannibal! The Musical

------------------
Je vous dois douleur! - Willow (in french)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:27 pm

I may be dumb, but what does Tara mean by WILLOWHAND?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:27 pm

Ooh goodie, I get to explain Willowhand. *Ahem* I assume you have seen the scene in question, if not go to Extra Flamey and look at the caps, it's E4S5 "Out of my mind". The scene goes like this (Thanks to Rayne's shooting script site):

TARA
I just keep thinking how cool it
would be if we could get a real
psychic to set up here and read
fortunes and stuff.


WILLOW
You should do it.


TARA
Not me. But I'd love to just watch
and learn from someone who's really
good, y'know.


WILLOW
You're good, I'll prove it! Here...

Willow puts out her hand.


WILLOW
Do me.

Tara takes Willow's hand, holds it gently, traces a line on her palm.


TARA
Hmmm.


WILLOW
What do you see?


TARA
Willowhand...

Now the thing is, the *way* Tara says Willowhand, and *the* smile she gives when she says it. To me and many others it seems like Tara is remembering exactly *where* Willowhand has been and where she would like it to be. Judging from the look on Willow's face, she remembers it as well.

Sometimes subtext can be a very good thing..

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited August 03, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 pm

See, I thought he was too, but Cannibal isn't really that well known, is it? But trust Xander to have a copy of it.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 pm

As much as I love that scene, I think Willow looks about twelve with her hair pulled back like it was. And when whe blinks it always reminds me of my cat who slowly blinks when she's looking at me and I call her name.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 pm

Just to get really OT, I'm told that when a cat blinks at you slowly like that, s/he is telling you that s/he loves you. And you can do it back to return the sentiment.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 pm

Oh my Dazey, hee hee, if that is so, how perfect is that? Willow blinking slowly at Tara. Oh yeah.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 pm

I wonder if any 'kneading' takes place. I'm assured that that's a sign of affection from a cat as well. *snigger*

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:29 pm

Blinking and kneading? Not my cat.
What does it say about her if instead of that she hugs, licks and enjoys being spanked?

D

[This message has been edited by GODisTigger (edited August 04, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:29 pm

I'm sure I don't know, D. I suppose it's the way your cat has been raised. Heh. Bad cat.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:29 pm

LOL, she's a newbie in my house. I should ask my cousin about her "behaviour"

D

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:29 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Dazey:
when a cat blinks at you slowly like that, s/he is telling you that s/he loves you.

Awwww, and here I just thought my kitty was dumb. She honestly isn't the brightest bulb but I love her anyway.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:29 pm

quote:
Joy, I think Xander WAS referencing C!TM, and I smile everytime I watch The Gift 'cuz of it.

YES!!! I thought so, but I was never too sure. Where else would someone hear a word like Schpadoinkle, anyway?

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited August 06, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:30 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Rat:
Joy, I think Xander WAS referencing C!TM, and I smile everytime I watch The Gift 'cuz of it.

YES!!! I thought so, but I was never too sure. Where else would someone hear a word like Schpadoinkle, anyway?


What's C!TM?? Is it a movie or something? (I saw the whole name earlier in the post, so I don't need to know what that is)

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited August 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ATWindsor (edited August 06, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:30 pm

Lol...i never knew what Willowhand was either, i think i need to rewatch that ep...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:32 pm

Now I am as into naughtiness as the rest of you obviously are, but actually that scene did not strike me (first time round) as anything more that what I will describe as loving humour. Honest...and I look for subtext. But of course now that is pointed out to me I shall rewatch it in an entirely new light.

Katharyn

------------------
She's my always

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:32 pm

Oh heh heh, I might have agreed with you on that, *before* I heard Amber say Tara smells like Willowhand.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:32 pm

I look for subtext as well and in Buffy I manage to find that subtext...Giles/Buffy anyone?

(Now that's stalking )

Um not the Giles/Buffy subtext...oh forget it Garfield hopefully will know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Puff (edited August 07, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:33 pm

Buffy/Giles subtext? Isn't that kind of sick? Giles is her father figure.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:33 pm

Who could foget the immortal words in WAY "If you were Buffy you'd let me tie you up"

Dah dah...subtext

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:33 pm

Remember Giles thought she was Evil, Skanky
Faith.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:33 pm

yeah, but there's a "voicing out his secret desires" kinda vibe there

I

Unregistered(d)
 


I UNDERSTAND WILLOWHAND!!!

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:33 pm

Ok, that is way too much subtext for me! Giles/Buffy and a secret desire to tie her up? If you are going to look that deep then every episode must be a "den of iniquity" to you?!

Maybe you could start a naughty subtext thread related to those seeminly innocent lines that with a twisted mind suddenlt take on a whole new light...off topic of course as most people on this board will no doubnt have read everything they can in T/W stuff!

Katharyn

------------------
She's my always

I

Unregistered(d)
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design