Skip to content


Amber Benson Interview

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:06 pm

heyla everyone

this morning, as I was about to head off to lullaby land, I heard my favorite DJ's say that they were going to interview Amber Benson this morning as part of their Grammy activity. So, instead of shut-eye, I got out my handy-dandy tape recorder and made a tape of the interview.

Then, I sat and transcribed said interview because I knew you'd all love to read it

I would like to ask that the interview stay here and not be passed around all over, because I really don't know what the legalities involved with making transcripts are... (if someone can clue me, I'd be grateful...

anyway, you don't want to see me babble, you wanna know what my DJs (who LOVE, LOVE Buffy) had to ask...

Amber Benson interview by Sean and Jeff from the Zone 100.5 radio station in Sacramento, CA.

(mini disclaimer here: this belongs to these guys and the radio station, this is only a transcript)

(second disclaimer: while I am a fairly decent typist, I won't say *for sure* that I got every word correct, but I did try to make sure that I got everything down.)

okay, as I have not yet learned how to distinguish Sean from Jeff (hey, I generally fall asleep listening to them theyre great guys, funny as all get out, but Im a night person), Im just going to call them DJ#1 and DJ#2

DJ#1: stage area the woman who plays Tara in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

DJj#2: That would be Amber Benson.

DJ#1: um, She is, for those of you who dont watch the show and dont know her name, um, Willow, Alyson who plays Willow the red head on the show,

DJ#2: Right.

DJ#1: she has a new lover nowadays. Its not Seth Green.

DJ#2: No.

DJ#1: When Seth Green left the show, their way of replacing him, was to instead bring in a female companion

DJ#2: Right.

DJ#1: For Willow.

DJ#2: (low, deep voice) and to have Willow turn to the other side.

DJ#1: So, uh, the storylines have gone uh, a little towards the uh, lesbian outings

DJ#2: (laughs) Right

DJ#1: And uh, we got a chance to talk to Amber Benson about her character. We got a chance to talk to her about Tara and Willow and find out a little about their relationship but we first asked:

Was it kinda hard coming into the situation trying to fill Seth Greens relationship shoes?

And heres what she had to say to us yesterday:

AB: (exuberantly) Oh hell yeah! Can I say hell? Sorry.

DJs: Yeah, oh go right ahead. Go on.

AB: I mean, Seth Green is an amazing guy you know all the way around

DJ: Right

AB: and People absolutely adore him I mean, the man is swarmed by women wherever he goes... its UN-believable and so to kind of step in and take over for him was like oooo (she makes this kind of, "eek-like" sound)

DJ: Right.

AB: Theyre gonna all hate me but everyone

DJ: (cutting in) You should have seen him (referring to the other DJ) cry the day after the episode aired where his [Seth's] name wasnt in the credits anymore (Ambers in the background, continuing to make her "eek" sound) it was like somebody died or something (Ambers laughing now) He[the other DJ] was like, I dont think Seths on the show anymore. (Amber and the DJs are laughing) If you knew anything about the show going into it, you had to be totally stoked going into this cast. I mean, the shows fantastically written, its an incredible cast, I mean, I dont think it gets nearly the props, if you will, (Amber lets out a huge laugh here they all laugh) Hes so hip, one of the DJs cracks.

AB: Yo, homey! Whats sup?

DJ: (More laughter.) Thank you. (Lots and lots of laughter. Ambers actually having to draw in huge gulps of air, to try and control her laughter.) I dont think it gets the acclaim that it deserves. I mean, its a fantastic show. I mean, I know critically, it gets a lot of kudos but I dont think people realize just how good the show is but going into it you must have been like oh! So cool!

AB: Well, I actually knew Alyson before she got Buffy, so I watched it

DJ: Right

AB: for her and,

DJ: Okay

AB: um, I thought it was just a really well written, well put together show all the way around.

DJ: Right

AB: and uh, and I was really excited when I got to join the cast that was really cool

DJ: Oh yeah

AB: It was, we werent sure if it was gonna be a long term kind of thing so,

DJ: mmhmm

AB: so it was really cool as more and more episodes kind of got pushed my way I was like, yeah, this is good

DJ: oh thats gotta help you too I mean if you already knew her and were friends with her thats gotta make the relationship you guys are supposed to have

AB: Oh yeah

DJ: much easier for you.

AB: oh yeah! Especially now, I mean, were working towards some real physical stuff on the show.

DJ: (interjects gratefully) Thank you, so much!

AB: And uh,

DJ: Oh, God bless the WB (much laughter)

AB: And uh, and uh, so, so definitely you know, knowing her beforehand has made it really easy you know, like when you get close to that kind of stuff, when youre having that kind of intimate you know, kind of stuff happening on the set

DJ: Right

AB: its nice to know that, you know, that I have somebody there that is supportive of what were doing and I try to you know, be there for her too so that

DJ: And can you just slowly describe what some of the stuff is (laughter)

AB: But, but its better left up to your imagination. What I could describe could go no where near what you could think, so (the DJs are laughing and agreeing)

DJ: Well, were looking forward to seeing whatever happens

AB: Ha-ha-ha (light laughing), thank you guys for having me.

DJ: Thanks for stopping by. Amber Benson, our guest from Buffy the Vampire Slayer thanks so much.

AB: Thank you guys.

DJ: Thanks.

so there it is. I'm playing with the idea of somehow digitizing "Yo, homey, what's sup?" just because it would make an awesome email notification .wav... but i'm not sure that i have the right setup for it.

anyway... i think i'm going to go to bed and let y'all have at the interview now

wttw,
shay

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby BBOvenGuy » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:08 pm

Hey shay, if you want to, you can fling a tape of that interview my way and I'll digitize it. I've been working on my choir's tape archive for the past couple of months, so I have everything set up and ready to go.

Here are a couple of examples of what I'm able to do:
http://www.geocities.com/bbovenguy/WTSounds.html - Willow/Tara related sounds
http://www.geocities.com/bbovenguy/rvw90.html - an example of my church choir work.

Email me - bbovenguy@mindspring.com - and we'll talk more.

Now, as to the interview itself, that sounds... uhhh, very interesting... "God bless the WB," eh? Whatever could that mean?

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited February 20, 2001).]

I

BBOvenGuy
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm

heh, well, i took the "god bless the wb" (especially the tone it was delivered in) to mean "woah baby!" like the dj was *very* excited and ready to give thanks for the possibility of hot girl on girl action...

but i could be wrong... *grin*

as for flinging a copy your way... i'll need to get another tape for that i think i used my last blank... email me at my aol addie: shaych03@aol.com and remind me...

wttw,
shay

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm


Shay you ROCK!!! Thank you!


quote:
Originally posted by sHaYcH:

DJ: oh thats gotta help you too I mean if you already knew her and were friends with her thats gotta make the relationship you guys are supposed to have

AB: Oh yeah

DJ: much easier for you.

AB: oh yeah! Especially now, I mean, were working towards some real physical stuff on the show.

DJ: (interjects gratefully) Thank you, so much!

AB: And uh,

DJ: Oh, God bless the WB (much laughter)

AB: And uh, and uh, so, so definitely you know, knowing her beforehand has made it really easy you know, like when you get close to that kind of stuff, when youre having that kind of intimate you know, kind of stuff happening on the set



Okay, Amber honey, sweetie darling, you are not pulling my leg now are you? Tell me it ain't so....can I have a begging smiley please?

------------------

"Hello! Tarasexual now..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm

Bless you for taking the time to do this
it was soooo cool to read!

"AB: oh yeah! Especially now, I mean, were working towards some real physical stuff on the show. And uh, And uh, and uh, so, so definitely you know, knowing her beforehand has made it really easy you know, like when you get close to that kind of stuff, when youre having that kind of intimate you know, kind of stuff happening on the set
its nice to know that, you know, that I have somebody there that is supportive of what were doing and I try to you know, be there for her too so that .... But, but its better left up to your imagination. What I could describe could go no where near what you could think"


Does this mean more snuggles ? or maybe even a real kiss? or even more ?????? If so I'd say WOW !!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm

She sure makes it sound like they're doing something more than has been allowed so far. It seems like beginning with Triangle, they've been making a point to point out that Willow is gay and with Tara in every episode. I wonder if that's leading up to more physical contact. If so, I hope that the WB won't make a big deal of it.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:09 pm

Oh dear god, I am blushing here. It's not a good thing either cause I am in the computer lab with all the kiddies. They are having fun playing games. I hope this is more than the cuddling and dancing in Family. She couldn't be talking about that? Could She? I am too excited. This could rock the house. SIGH!! Ok, damn! Amber, Amber gay up the place!

And Bob and and Shaych I hope you guys can work this out so we can listen to it

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:10 pm

Note to self: Self, if I'm ever on a TV show with plot points that folks care about,and I am actually at liberty to comment on something in an interview, I shall do so in such a way that the listener/viewer will know the timeframe of the events to which I am referring.

As in "Especially now, I mean we're working towards some real physical stuff on the show, more so than in Family, for example. We just finished shooting episode 'blah'"

(Or somesuch references)

I need some minimal datestamping here people!

Though you'd have to imagine that for comments made in a live interview, the possibility of the comments lagging behind the episodes seen is much less than for a print interview that can just sit around for awhile or get hacked up and reprinted. In other words, I have fairly solid hope that Amber is referrring to some new nice moments we haven't seen yet.

-len

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:10 pm

Shay you are a wonderful woman...but I already knew that. Thank you so much for doing this for us. I love when the stars drop nice little hints like this. Moving toward more physical stuff...oh YESSS!!! That has made my day. After tonight there are only 7 more episodes left (with a full month of repeats). I am hoping for a really big smoochie by seasons end.

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:10 pm

so this is a current interview, right? it just happened this morning? (btw, what on earth do buffy and amber have to do with the grammys? is amber getting nominated for her live RHPS performance? )

if it's current as of this morning, then the "working toward more physical stuff" can't just be talking about family...that happened months ago!

omg, this is so exciting! xita, you may have won our bet after all!

[This message has been edited by april (edited February 20, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:10 pm

As far as the "timestamp" for this info, let's extrapolate;~)

It's at least a month between shooting an ep and when it airs, so she can't be talking about anything we've seen so far (in the USA).

The *earliest* we could see this hot-witch-on-witch ak0shun is "The Body", ep 16 (and there is another thread speculating on that already).

I predict, IMHO, that since Amber said "moving towards" that they are jusy now starting or soon will be shooting the love scenes, and therefore we won't see them move from warm fuzzies to hot slipperies until the Spirng ep; maybe not even until May Sweeps.

Still, I'm glad to get anything at this point!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:11 pm

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
Bob and and Shaych I hope you guys can work this out so we can listen to it

We're on it!

While we're on the subject of interview tapes, I should mention that Utena is still planning to send me a tape of the Aly interview on STAR 98.7. That's the one where she says to watch Buffy instead of "The Mole" because Buffy has lesbians. You might want to give Utena a gentle poke about that the next time you see her.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:11 pm

Well heh heh Wiccie, you made a very appropriate typo there, "jusy" instead of "just", please don't change it, it is perfect.
April I am sure this is a bet you would be happy to lose.
Amber, Amber, you have made me so happy, that horrendous phone bill does not even bother me anymore. You are worth every little dime and all that I own and then some.

------------------

"Hello! Tarasexual now..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:11 pm

AB: oh yeah! Especially now, I mean, were working towards some real physical stuff on the show.

Ok so let's get with the physical stuff:
1. thumb wrestling
2. arm wrestling
3. arm stroking
4. leg touching (again, but this time stroking the leg)
5. hair stroking
6. face caressing (open palm not w/back of hand)
7. hugs (full body from the front)
8. snugs (that one is for Len)
9. snugglies in bed while talking about....things (instead of one sitting on the bed)
10. kiss on the cheek
11. quick peck on the lips
12. full blown out and out tongue tangling, heavy breathing hands all over each other KISS.

My vote is for all of the above, especially the last 4.


Ooh, I just had this quick flash of a cute scene. We see a seemingly empty living room. The back of the couch is facing us. Buffy walks into the room and heads for the couch. She stands at one end of the couch and stares at it. A smile breaks out on her face as she crosses her arms and begins to tap her foot. Buffy says... "OK you two, you can come up for air now". The camera switches to two very tangled bodies on the couch making out, big time. We then see that it's Willow and Tara all dreamy eyed and flushed.
------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

[This message has been edited by Kiwiccan (edited February 20, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:11 pm

april: sean and jeff said they did the interview yesterday.

actually, they had quite a bit to say about the hoardes of "b" list actors and actresses that were conglomerating around the backstage area of the staples center. from what i gathered, the grammys is THE place to see and be seen this week...

they said a lot of folks were milling around, taking time to chat with anyone willing to listen.

not that i would imply that Amber was on some kind of publicity junket. I'm sure she was there for the coolness factor...

anyway, she sounded like she was really having a blast... i mean, she couldn't stop laughing.

wttw,
shay

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:12 pm

hey Shay,
thank you sooo very very much a million times for this! great job! i had a good laugh (and tingle) when i read this at work (kept me from boredom...) now as Amber said "real physical stuff" and "that kind of intimate...kind of stuff"... more girl to girl action.... whoo hoo! i can't wait! we live on this kinda suspenseful tidbits...heh.heh. pax

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:12 pm

holy crap shay, you ROCK! thank you thank you for writing this up! i know how tedious it can get...

my lord though, physicality? be still my beating heart!!!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:12 pm

I want to say that Shay rocks the house. She played this on voice chat and I got to hear it. It was definitely swoon worthy. sigh. Thank you shaych!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:12 pm

you're welcome, xita

jus' tryin' t'do my part to help us all along with our Buffy luv *grin*

wttw,
shay

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:12 pm

Thanks for posting the interview Shay. If what Tara says comes true and they are " working towards some real physical stuff on the show" all I can say is that this is fantastic news.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:13 pm

I'm excited... I can't wait. I think we'll see some good stuff in "The Body", thought that's just my opinion and I can't be sure.

------------------
*lilpinkcowgirl*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber Benson Interview

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:13 pm

I'm thinking they will slip in more physical stuff without a lot of hype for end of april and may sweeps

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design