Skip to content


Willow and Taras room

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Willow and Taras room

Postby Pixie Muso » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:30 am

Sorry if this could have gone in another thread....I took a look to see .... but I just wasn't sure....anyway here's my question:

Do they share a room? Coz that's what I thought..... and then in [i:dbcf3a52d3] The Body, [/i:dbcf3a52d3] when Willow was looking for her blue top, she said to Tara "You sure it's not in your room?".... and the room seemed to be different to the one in [i:dbcf3a52d3] Family [/i:dbcf3a52d3] and like the one Willow and Buffy shared in season 5. It also looked like the same one that Buffy was moved out of in [i:dbcf3a52d3] Family. [/i:dbcf3a52d3]

So..... does anyone know? [i:dbcf3a52d3] The Body [/i:dbcf3a52d3] just aired here (Australia) last Tuesday and that question kinda just popped into my head after seeing it.


I

Pixie Muso
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:30 am

During this season Willow and Tara both had single rooms, but they spent most of their time together in one room or the other. We saw Tara's room with the Christmas lights, etc., in [i:762a9b34d2]Family[/i:762a9b34d2], and we see it again (being packed up) at the end of [i:762a9b34d2]Tough Love[/i:762a9b34d2].

The room they're in during [i:762a9b34d2]The Body[/i:762a9b34d2] is technically Willow's room.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"

"Nothing excites me more than the possiblity that I might fail." - Joss Whedon

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:31 am

Okay I know this is a little off topic but did anyone else think that their dorm rooms were HUGE? The single dorm rooms around here aren't any bigger then a prison cell, which is kinda ironic I suppose.

------------------
She practically had "Genuine Molded Plastic" stamped on her ass.
Just tryin' a little spicy-talk.

Tara from "I Was Made To Love You"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:31 am

Oh yes, the dorm rooms are ridiculously enormous and well-equipped. They were last year, too. But then, Xander's apartment is ridiculously large and posh for someone working as a carpenter with only a couple years of experience.

Maybe Sunnydale's high death-by-monsters rate keeps all the real estate prices down.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:31 am

Bob: There's actually a quote on this - in "Real Me", as Giles goes over the magic shop's finances:

"And I'll bet the death rate keeps the rent down..."

See?

Kal

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:32 am

Thanx guys! You've set my poor l'il head to rest

.....Kal> I remember that quote too.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:32 am

Is it just me or was Willow's dorm room the Buffy and Willow dormroom from last year ? That could be the explanation why it's so big ....

....and I read in the Watcher's Guide Part 2 that they have to film the dorm room in a special way to make it look smaller - because it's huge - to fit all the necessary recording exqipment in during a scene ....

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:32 am

I thought that Willow had a new room this year. I was also under the impression that Willow and Tara shared the same dorm. In 'The Body' Tara went off to look for Willow's sweater didn't she, and it didn't take her very long...

------------------
"Say hello to the kitten board and give them my love." ~ Amber Benson

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:32 am

Well, from careful rewatching of "The Body" we know that Willow lives on an upstairs floor of her dorm, and that the number on her door is 213 (as opposed to 214 Stevenson Hall from last year's double room). Whatever dorm Tara lives in, she's on the first floor ("Spiral").

It's quite possible that Willow moved into the same dorm as Tara, though I'm not quite so sure about this , because the styles of the doors and windows in their two rooms differ pretty strongly. Unless it's a first-floor/other floors thing. (What am I saying? I don't know, really, I just woke up.)

As for how similar Willow's dorm room this year looks to last year, the simple explanation is that they simply redressed the same set and changed the number on the door.

Man, if they had dorm rooms that size at college for real . . . with double beds, yet! My freshman year at Simon's Rock College, I shared a room that only a very tiny person would rightfully call a double. If my roommate and I put our furniture up right smack against the walls in a symmetrical fashion (bed, dresser at foot of bed, desk) we just barely managed to fit everything into the floor space between the window and our closets, with a two-foot wide "hallway" of sorts between our respective sides of the room.

And don't even let me get started on having to share a twin-size bed with my ex during sophomore year, 'cause she always wound up crowding me against the wall in the middle of the night. I'd wake up curled on the windowsill sometimes, which really sucked during a Massachusetts winter.

------------------
"We are her blood kin! Who the hell are you?"
"We're family."
-- Mr. Maclay and Buffy, "Family"

"We both have families we were born into. But sometimes families change, and we have to build our own. For me, our friendship binds us closer than blood ever could." -- Xena, "Ties That Bind"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:33 am

I am pretty sure that Willow and Tara live in the same dorm. And though it doesn't make sense, Tara is the one that moved. She moved to Stevenson's hall. The exterior shot of Tara's dorm in Family clearly says Stevenson's hall.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:34 am

quote:
Originally posted by BBOvenGuy:
Oh yes, the dorm rooms are ridiculously enormous and well-equipped

Given Sunnydale's high death-by-monsters rate USC probably has to offer rooms like these to attract students.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:34 am

quote:
Originally posted by Shaniezak:
And don't even let me get started on having to share a twin-size bed with my ex

*Sigh* I love sharing a twin bed. It's the very definition of cozy. And it pretty much forces your partner to snuggle with you, even if they're anti-snuggle. I am very pro-snuggle.

As Tara and Willow seem to be...I'm sure that even with a queen-sized bed only half of it ever gets used.

For sleeping, anyway.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:35 am

I've never ever seen college rooms with queen sized beds...
Has anyone else seen them (come on, don't let me get my hopes up for nothing )

Speaking of crappy housing, most colleges have pretty thin walls, (as Willow said in the Body "you can hear everything next door")
*imagining the weird looks that Willow and Tara must get from their neighbors....now imagining what they did to get those looks...oh god stopping now before I drool a river*

-Nora

------------------
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself.
-Walt Whitman

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:35 am

OK...here's another question guys:

Who's room were our adorable wiccas in during the openning scene of "Family"?

I'm guessing Tara's room......coz Miss Kitty Fantastico was there.....but what do you guys think?

Oh....all these questions make my head spin!

[This message has been edited by Pixie-Muso (edited June 10, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:35 am

Actually, it was Willow's room at the beginning of Family!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:35 am

Yup, I guess Tara brought Miss Kitty over for the night. I hope Amy was kept somewhrere safe...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:36 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kalita:
Yup, I guess Tara brought Miss Kitty over for the night. I hope Amy was kept somewhrere safe...


Heheheh......OH NO! What would happen if Miss Kitty were to catch Amy?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:36 am

quote:
Originally posted by Dazey:
*Sigh* I love sharing a twin bed. It's the very definition of cozy.

You make me laugh, Dazey. It's a good thing.

And I love sharing a twin bed too, except when it's against the wall that houses a freezing cold windowpane and I'm sharing it with someone who always has to take the side away from the wall, and then shove me into the wall, y'see?

'cause then I'd get all cold and try to snuggle to keep warm, which would wake her up and get her all grumpy . . .

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:36 am

--------------------------------------
"Heheheh......OH NO! What would happen if Miss Kitty were to catch Amy?"
--------------------------------------

Witch/Mousie Mousse?
Nah, we all know that couldn't happen

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:36 am


Hehehe...I could probably go for that (if I weren't vegetarian that is )

[This message has been edited by Pixie-Muso (edited June 11, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:37 am

Stupid thought....what if Miss Kitty was a person changed into a cat like Amy is a rat? Heeey that rhymed LoL

------------------
"There is definitely something sexy about a girl with an attitude and a
pair of leather pants." - The Goddess Eliza

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:37 am

Miss Kitty as a person, I can just imagine the stories she could tell. Actually the first thing Miss Kitty would do would be to try and convince Willow and Tara to de-rat Amy.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Willow and Taras room

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:38 am

I'm sure that in 'The Body' Willow asks Tara if shes sure she didn't leave the blue jumper in her room, Taras room, so I think they're still in separate rooms. Its really confusing though, I can never figure out whats going on and where!!

xoxo

------------------
Amber Its the end of the cheese man

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design