Skip to content


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby AutumnT » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:46 am

God. No daily thread yet? Something must be done.

Here I come to save the day! Anyway since we've got that too sexy for words thread going on which is frankly rather overheating I thought, in the spirit of the board, it would be fun to talk about bad wardrobe too as sort of a cooling off thread when that one gets, er, overheated. Now we all know the conventional traditional bad wardrobe standards. The elmo pelt shirt. The bad stripe. Dig deep kittens. Heck if you even need to make up what would be the worst outfit that we haven't seen do so. Dress 'em ugly. Then go roll in the too sexy thread.
AutumnT
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby mollyig » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:53 am

Here I come to save the day? Isn't that Danger Mouse's motto?

I don't think they could look bad. Although I have a strenuous, almost religious, loathing of the colour barbie pink, and I think in the scene where Will was trying to find something to wear to the morgue in [b:910182a39a]the body[/b:910182a39a] she had a pink jumper with a skirted doll on it. Yeah, I didn't like that much.
mollyig
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby rainbowrose21 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:10 am

Hi all! *yawns* I am once again, too tired for words... that's what I got for signing up for early classes. Oh well...


Anyhoo, I think one of the *worst* outfits that I have ever seen was in the ep that started it all... Willow in that plaid jumper. It reminded me of my two years at private school. Dang, those uniforms were ugly...Hmm, can't remember any really bad Tara outfits at the moment.. I'll get back to you on that one..

Later, Reba
rainbowrose21
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby La » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:11 am

[quote:daca10a4b6][b:daca10a4b6][i:daca10a4b6]Quote:[/i:daca10a4b6][/b:daca10a4b6]
mollyig said this:
[b:daca10a4b6] Here I come to save the day? Isn't that Danger Mouse's motto?[/b:daca10a4b6]
[/quote:daca10a4b6]
Actually, I think it was Mighty Mouse...

I'm about to fall asleep onto my keyboard, so I'll just say a happy Thursday everyone, and I'll see you tomorrow!
La
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby AutumnT » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:17 am

[quote:23ccc80318][b:23ccc80318][i:23ccc80318]Quote:[/i:23ccc80318][/b:23ccc80318]
I don't think they could look bad.
[/quote:23ccc80318] LOL. Did you [b:23ccc80318] see[/b:23ccc80318] the Elmo pelt? ;)

I was reading Ruth's wonderful story on pens and think she did splendid job of dressing Willow in a truly hideous fashion. She has her in a pair of pea green sweatpants with a maroon Sunnydale High T-shirt. Tell me that would not hurt your eyes topped with that red hair. I dare ya. ;)
AutumnT
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Enigmatic » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:25 am

Yeah...I will always hate Willow in that fluffy big pinky thing in After Life! And Tara...I guess it must be that dress thing from This Years Girl....*shutters*

Well, I'm going to sing tonight at a big school event and I'm so nervous!! Hope it turns out good...I'm such a wreck right now!!

Happy Thursday!!
Enigmatic
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Dumbsaint » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:38 am

Elmo pelt.

:lol
Dumbsaint
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby walker(d) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:53 am

Enigmatic, you beat me to the dress in This Year's Girl. That was hideous. I think the police should be looking at Buffy's wardrobe people in any cases of granny mugging at the time. And good luck with your singing. Hope it's not madame butterfly. ;)
walker(d)
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby ninjitsugrrl » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:04 am

Well, I always think our girls look cute but I'll admit that I was a little turned off by Willow's shirt at Buffy's birthday party this season. It was just so frilly and... strange.
ninjitsugrrl
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Karzia » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:15 am

Well considering that I liked "the dead Elmo" shirt (gad I am such a nerd:lol ) my vote for the bad Wardrobe arward would go to the god awlful bridesmaids gowns.... like really is there like a secret rule book that says they alway hace to be but ugly:x
Karzia
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby WiccanBex » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:46 am

i happen to like to elmo pelt (nice name for it, btw)...

i thought it was cute... which probably says more about my lack of fashion sense than anything else... :/
WiccanBex
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Star Pixie » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:59 am

oh god, that elmo pelt... some of the screen caps from that ep are so hilarious... i'm going to be a devil's advocate and think of particularly cute things they've worn.

i really like that outfit willow's wearing when tara attempts to give her the doll's eye crystal, and of course, i adore tara's moon jammies.

today i am sooo exhausted. i hurt my foot yesterday and my gf and i spent the entire night in the ER. now i have to wear this ugly clonky grey shoe for the next two weeks. grr, argh!
Star Pixie
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby AutumnT » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:04 am

[quote:f566b630d1][b:f566b630d1][i:f566b630d1]Quote:[/i:f566b630d1][/b:f566b630d1]
i'm going to be a devil's advocate and think of particularly cute things they've worn.
[/quote:f566b630d1] Ah, we've got a whole thread for that already going on. Check out Too Sexy for words.
AutumnT
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby wiltar » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:15 am

Hey people, I've got an off topic question, and I think that I should ask it here... Does anyone know what prgram I could use for audio-editing? I want to try and make some music-mixes but I have no idea what program to use..

Thanks in advance!
And a happy Thursday!

Patricia
wiltar
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Star Pixie » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:37 am

what kind of editing? like editing the mp3s themselves or just making a mix?
Star Pixie
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby tommo » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:00 am

Autumn...Autumn...you have [b:9edaa019f4] got[/b:9edaa019f4] to let my story go...you must stop thinking about Willow in pea green sweats. All I can do is say I'm sorry, okay? I just have a thing about making them look bad occasionally. I know it's not nice and it's probably not healthy, but [b:9edaa019f4] someone[/b:9edaa019f4] has to do it.

I have to say, every time I think of the Striped Thing that Tara wears in [b:9edaa019f4] This Year's Girl[/b:9edaa019f4], I get all itchy. So horrid. And with those friggin' DM's...dear god.

And Willow's outfit wasn't that much better, with the little sew-on figures and her long plaid type skirt.

You know, Season 4 was a really bad period for our girls...
tommo
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Morphine » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:07 am

I'm a Sound Forge girl myself...

Seriously, it works great to create, edit, mix and record audio.

You can download the demo at download.cnet.com/downloa...6.8145510.

As to bad wardrobe... what I'm wearing might qualify as horrifying. I can see Tara in my slacks right now, an old burgandy pair of adidas pants, a torn Montreal Expos T-shirt (I hate baseball, go figure...), a huge pair of old, over-used, over-sized whool socks. That, my friends, is lack of taste.

Yes, I'm home alone.
Morphine
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby AutumnT » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:28 am

[quote:893623e824][b:893623e824][i:893623e824]Quote:[/i:893623e824][/b:893623e824]
Autumn...Autumn...you have got to let my story go...you must stop thinking about Willow in pea green sweats. All I can do is say I'm sorry, okay?
[/quote:893623e824] Fine. I just want you to know it [b:893623e824] scarred[/b:893623e824] me. Kinda like that stripe top scarred you. At least put Willow in something cute for the dance so I can strike the sweats from my mind.
AutumnT
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby tommo » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:02 am

No. I plan on selecting their most hideous outfits from the show and dressing them in those. ;) The Tara Stripe lives again...
tommo
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Hemiola » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:15 am

Since this thread is supposed to serve as the "catch-all OT thread", I have two topics to broach:

1. Did anyone catch James Marsters on "Politically Incorrect" on Tuesday night? The subject got on to race and JM made some particularly "forceful" pronouncements about the woeful state of race relations in the U.S., which prompted Bill Maher to remark "That's pretty good coming from a guy who dyes his [i:f5d309e971] hair[/i:f5d309e971] white!" , which got a pretty big guffaw from the audience. Did anyone else catch this?

2. Has anyone been watching "Greg the Bunny"? It's cute, but I still find it hard to believe that Seth Green left BtVS for this.

Finally, I just thought I'd mention that the "Mouse" quote belongs to Mighty Mouse:
"Mr. Trouble never hangs around,
When he hears this mighty sound,
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAAAAY!
That means that Mighty Mouse is on the waaaaay.":)
Hemiola
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby the literary exterminator » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:29 am

As far as Greg the Bunny: yes, it generally sucks. But I keep watching, hoping for another episode with the quality of SK 2.0. I almost fell out of my chair on numerous occasions during that half hour. Unfortunately, every other episode has been pretty unfunny. I can only think that the three otherwise very funny leads thought they were doing a season of that quality of episode.
the literary exterminator
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby supermus » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:40 am

I like Greg the Bunny. I think it's pretty consistently funny, but I have a distinct feeling I'm in the minority.

My vote for something that hasn't been mentioned... Normal Again. Not the clothes particularly, but the whole look in general. Worst Ever has to be SSOS Willow.
I actually don't have any picks for Tara that haven't been mentioned.
supermus
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Sassette » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:13 pm

I will never forget the ... kind of ... hat ... thing. With the ... urgh. I'm reasonably sure it was Pre-Tara Willow, though, but ... oh god ... it ... it hurts me. It gives me Hat Pain.

And I'm sorry, but that shirt Willow is wearing in the 'Willowhand' scene? That's bloody awful. And I didn't particularly care for what Tara was wearing in OMWF - don't get me wrong, she looked great in it ... I just didn't like IT by itself.

Did that make ANY sense?

-Sass
Sassette
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby DawnsMan » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:13 pm

Season 4 was the worst for Tara and Willow. In This Years Girl that striped thing Tara wore made her look pregnant! But her swimming motion made up for the disgusting thing the wardrobe dept. calls clothes. :) Like Willow said in the Body, "How come I have no grown up clothes?" Willow has definitly gotten better clothes this season, especially in Bargaining. She looked awesome in that ep, especially in that red top and the clothes she wore when she killed the deer.
DawnsMan
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby AutumnT » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:26 pm

[quote:ff48b14df7][b:ff48b14df7][i:ff48b14df7]Quote:[/i:ff48b14df7][/b:ff48b14df7]
And I'm sorry, but that shirt Willow is wearing in the 'Willowhand' scene? That's bloody awful
[/quote:ff48b14df7] That striped monstrosity? Was it ever. So not colors she should have been wearing. And Sass I have no idea what hat you are talking about because Willow in almost any hat gives me intense pain. There was even one episode where she wore not one but two bad hats. I've tried to block it.
AutumnT
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Sassette » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:48 pm

Which is why I can't really describe what the episode was ... I've blocked it.

But yeah - pretty much any hat on Willow is ... Urk.

-Sass
Sassette
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby specialk » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:52 pm

I think Willow looks cute in hats. Except when she recently wore a hat that looked like one of my grandfathers.
specialk
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby tommo » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:01 pm

Willow's hat choices in Season 3 were a mistake. All of them. Hats a no go. Please.

I hope Tara never succumbs to the "Willowhat" house of fashion. [i:5429594dcd] *shudder*[/i:5429594dcd]
tommo
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby Rally » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:12 pm

Willowhat

*snicker*
Rally
 


It's Bad Wardrobe Thursday Miss Kitty Fantastico

Postby zero » Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:18 pm

Well there have been a few shockers. I think it was in 'Who Are You?' where Tara was wearing this huge jumper and a long skirt that looked like a sack. Very not flattering. And the start of Hush where both Willow and Buffy are wearing really bad skirts?
As for the "dead Elmo" shirt (although I instantly thought of Red from Fraggle Rock myself), I think it's the lack of sleeves that make it all the more ridiculous. It looks like she just picked up one of those fuzzy cushion covers and thought "Heck! why not?!" All it's missing is a zipper up the side.
zero
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design