Skip to content


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:30 am

I don't know if this has been posted already, but the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly is reviewing the two-hour season premiere of Buffy. It got an "A"! And there's even a Willow and Tara mention...Like I said, I don't know if it has been posted yet because I haven't checked so I won't type the entire thing yet because it is lengthy so. Plus the magazine is available everywhere, so anyone can let me know if they want me to post it here.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:30 am

Tree type up and post away thanks Nice to see that Buffy got such a good write up though and the girls got a mention.

------------------
Bite me

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:30 am

Read the EW review here.

And here is the W/T mention for those who dont want to skim:

I'm leery of divulging specific moments, but the closing hour features demon bikers, a few brief scenes that confirm the producers aren't going to shy away from the ongoing romance between Willow and Tara

------------------
Well, now that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 am

Yea!! The review looks great! Now I'm going to bust with enthusiasm. I trust EW to give a fair review and so I know that it's really going to be an "A" episode. It's great to know that there's going to be some good W/T stuff in there, but I'm already preparing for misty eyes when they set up Giles' new storyline. OK, I have to buy 2 things now:
1.) videotape
2.) kleenex

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 am

quote:
Originally posted by darvangi:
OK, I have to buy 2 things now:
1.) videotape
2.) kleenex

I'm so glad I read your post properly. Just sayin'. LOL.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 am

Aside from the w/t goodness to come, this is my favorite line:

quote:

The final hour rewards fans with a renewal of dramatic energy for the series and, at the same time, enables new viewers to catch up on what amounts to a fresh start for the show. Taken together, the two hours unfold like a legend being told for the first time. Who'd have thought that lowly UPN, so blessed to be the new home of ''Buffy,'' can now hold its head high and boast that it can go toe-to-toe with HBO? It's got a series with as much emotional punch as ''The Sopranos'' (yeah, go ahead, the snobs among you, sneer) and one whose scarifying coffin scene alone gives new menace to the phrase ''Six Feet Under


I loved this review. It was glowingly fantastic. Tuesday cannot come fast enough.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 am

I just saw this today. I doubt I have ever seen a more glowing review not composed by a close releative. He gave it an A, this is going be cool!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 am

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
Tuesday cannot come fast enough.

My litany precisely...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 am

i didn't think anything could make me more psyched for this premiere than i already was, but this review did it. thank god for friends with cable!

NYC area kitties, i'll be taping this for those of you who still don't have UPN back yet. you can email me at cyber_apple@hotmail.com if you need to borrow the tape...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 am

I want to remind everyone that the premier is two hours long. I had forgotten that until I read the EW review. Don't you know, I have to work Tuesday night. I was just going to set the VCR for one hour until I remembered it was a two hour extravaganza.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 am

I'm totally with ya, April, on the thinking that there was no way you could be any more psyched about the season premiere. Heehee.
I read that article today and my heart just leapt in my chest at the witchy vixen blurb. I'm just about foaming at the mouth at this point for my Willow/Tara smoochies.

Want them NOW!
*jumping up and down*

[This message has been edited by Dumbsaint (edited September 29, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 am

Here's another review from scifi.com some spoilers inside.

Just as flattering:

quote:
There will come a time, years from now, when people elevate Buffy the Vampire Slayer to the status of a classic. It won't just be thought of as one of the best fantasy shows ever, it will be considered one of the best series of all time, regardless of genre.


Oh and another one, it has some spoilers as well, best avoid if you are allergic to SPOILERS star tribune

[This message has been edited by xita (edited September 29, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:32 am

thanks for the links - now i've got some early morning reading to do

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:33 am

Will and Grace, of "Will&Grace" are on the cover. It's the Photo Special issue.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:33 am

April - you are the BEST!!!!
I just had to say thanks for taking care of us NYC kitties!

------------------
kris

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:33 am

The front of our television guide from the San Jose Mercury news has the Buffy eyes on the cover. (woo hoo) So there is little surprise that Tuesdays programme to watch it Buffy.

It says...

A big answer for 'Buffy' fans. (season premier) she died in last season's finale, also the shows final WB episode, so how does Buffy return to life? That question should bring an interesting answer as the sixth season begins.

Great to see Buffy highlighted as the show to watch

------------------
Bite me

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:35 am

What can I do for you to send me a copy. I'll do anything, send money, beg-see me begging on bended knee hands clasped in a hope you can help me. Just let me know. I can't find any promo posters out in Los Angeles for sale. Please help an obsessed kitten.

"Nobody messes with my girl"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


EW Reviews Buffy Season Premiere

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:35 am

Kind of bizarre that they listed Seth Green, Juliet Landau and Clare Kramer among the current cast. Do they know something we don't?

------------------
"There's only one thing better than Willowhand, and that's Amber Butt" - me, to Amber Benson.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design