Skip to content


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby AutumnT » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:13 pm

So, here's my daily thread question. What are your favorite "non-verbal" moments. The looks that get you every time. In whatever way they get you.

Like Willow's self satisfied smirk when Dawn tells her it is ten in the morning in [i:3f2287a77f] Entropy[/i:3f2287a77f], or that look when the light bulb finally goes off in Buffy's head when Willow tells her "it's complicated" in [i:3f2287a77f] New Moon Rising[/i:3f2287a77f], or Tara's smirk on the bed in [i:3f2287a77f] Once More With Feeling[/i:3f2287a77f]. What are your favorite non-verbal moments and why?
AutumnT
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby skittles » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:19 pm

the grinning, looking & non verbal communication that goes on when Dawn is so very happy that Tara & Willow are back together.... gets me every time.... makes me smile... really big..
skittles
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby mollyig » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:26 pm

Hmm, good question. I like in Intervention when Willow is tinkering with the buffybot and Buffy remarks that it doesn't look like her, Willow and Tara share this look, which to me seems indicative of how they're on the same wavelength - really intimate.

Also in Superstar when Tara is going off to her Dorm, and Willow just kind of slowly caresses her arm - just lovely!

I hope it really is a non verbal Wednesday, as I have a wee bit of a hangover from celebrating Ireland's win yesterday.
mollyig
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby VampNo12 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:31 pm

The look Tara gives Willow in the Magic Box in OMWF when they are explaining they have books at home that may help with all the singing. In other words, where Tara has that smug look where her eyes are diverted to Willow's breasts just says to me wait to I get you home I will make you "complete". Also the look Tara and Willow share when Willow says "I am a breast girl, but you already knew that" (I seem to be fixated on breasts on the moment, lol!). It's just such a sly/sexy look that conveys how well they love to spend time loving each other.
VampNo12
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby QuOS » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:36 pm

Tabula Rasa. When they are in the sewers and Willow falls on top of Tara, just before they get their memories back. They just stare into each others eyes.... *sigh*

Could only have been improved if they'd actually started to kiss :)
QuOS
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby urnofosiris » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:39 pm

Fun subject :)

I've said it before, in Family I *love* it when Tara's uptight saintly cousin from hell asks her if she is happy now and Tara replies with this slow grin spreading across her face that says "Lesbian Gay Type Loving ahead, so hell YES" better than words ever could.

I also love the horny Tara smirk from the Willowhand scene and Willow's bashful smile in reply. You can tell what they are both thinking where Willowhand has been.
urnofosiris
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:42 pm

"I am you know"
"What?"
"Yours"

The non-verbal meter reading is off the scale in this scene.
Bagheera
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Chino6069 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:17 pm

Any of the moments in Tabula Rasa when they think something is going on between them.


F.Y.I if anyone is interested...

SMG is on E! tonight @10pm et/pt in
'Revealed with Jules Asner'.
Chino6069
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby nermal1 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:27 pm

That scene in the tunnel in Tabula Rasa, where they are looking at each other and Willow has to keep looking away. I love it :) Plus in Superstar I believe... when Willow lingers with Tara's hand before she heads back off to her dorm.
nermal1
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby alyamber4ever » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:53 pm

My favorite Non Verbal moment was in "Hell's Bell's" when Willow and Tara are helping Anya get her dress on and Anya is rehearsing her vows. Willow and Tara keep smiling and looking at each other.....One of the best scenes ever, I think :drool .
alyamber4ever
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Thanatopsis » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:52 pm

First bed scene in Seeing Red, Willow comments on how late it is and Tara asks if she wants to get out of bed. Willow's response of, "No. Oh, god, no." puts this sexy little grin on Tara's face.
Thanatopsis
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Sivi27 » Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:23 am

I love the amused look Willow shoots at Dawn when Dawn bounds back out of her room and goes "I love you guys! *shriek*" in Seeing Red, right before Willow chases Tara back into the bedroom. Somewhere between proud, possessiveness, and just plain old amusement. Great look, that.
Sivi27
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby tommo » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:15 am

Still like the look during and after the spell in [b:2224ba2098] Hush[/b:2224ba2098]. The way Willow is totally blown away by what she's just felt, and the way that Tara is blinking in confusion but the certain knowledge that pretty soon, it won't just be Willow's hand she's grabbing. ;)
tommo
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby drlloyd11 » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:19 am

You lie awake at night thinking up this stuff, dont you?

[quote:0ac86e4513][b:0ac86e4513][i:0ac86e4513]Quote:[/i:0ac86e4513][/b:0ac86e4513]
, and the way that Tara is blinking in confusion but the certain knowledge that pretty soon, it won't just be Willow's hand she's grabbing.

[/quote:0ac86e4513]
drlloyd11
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby tommo » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:54 am

Well it's true I lie awake thinking about this stuff. Ahem. Anything else that happens during the uh...[i:f74349cb45] thinking[/i:f74349cb45] is um...private. ;)
tommo
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby oneinten » Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:55 am

My most favourite non verbal cue would be anytime Tara does her crooked half smile. Melts me every time! :grin
oneinten
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby ninjitsugrrl » Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:56 am

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with Tara's little half smile when she says "Willowhand". So sexy!
ninjitsugrrl
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby TheWhiz » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:06 am

I love all the looks they give each other in 'Tabula Rasa' trying to make sense of the connection they share :)
TheWhiz
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Grimaldi » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:10 am

the looks Willow and Tara are giving each other in Hells Bells, the end of New Moon Rising just before the candle is blown out, and as it has been pointed out whenever Tara does that half smile :)
Grimaldi
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Killin Joke » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:28 am

All of the above ;) I have another question (sorry...) I've been reading the title "Superstar" a lot, and since not all of my eps are labeled yet, I was wondering what exactly was going on in that episode ? If someone could quickly tell me what happens in that one, maybe I'd get my references right after all. W/T moments alone will do, heh. I'm sure I can find the ep in question back then :)
Killin Joke
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby mollyig » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:31 am

Superstar is the one where Jonathon casts a spell so he's this Superstar who excels at everything.
mollyig
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Sassette » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:39 am

Fun topic, Autumn. *G*

Call me a sick twisted freak, but I >SO< love the Look of Death that Tara levels at Willow when Willow is checking out the AprilBot, and then Willow's reaction to that. Heh.

-Sass
Sassette
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Puff » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:43 am

I watched it again the other day and the look in Spiral just gives me goosebumps. Crazy Tara or not :grin
Puff
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Killin Joke » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:46 am

Thanks, mollyig ! Is that the one where Tara gets hurt due to the monster Jonathan created (the other side of the metal). You think that guy would have been grateful after everything the Scoobies did for them... /sigh/
That half-smile of Tara in combination with her alluring eyes always makes me melt... "Vixen..." ;)
Killin Joke
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Dumbsaint » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:54 am

I think I'd have to go with the quiet look of similtaneous vulnerability and contentment that Willow gives to no one in particular when she scoots closer to Tara on their plaid blanket up on the roof of the dorm in "Listening to Fear." You know, when she says, "teach me." She's so so sad, and was all avoidy when Tara was trying to be there for her, but with that one tiny phrase and the change in her body language, she opens herself up to take comfort from Tara in way that is so sweet. There's something so pure about that moment.

Hence my immense love for the scene. Well, yanno, that and all the wacky Tara idiosyncracies displayed with a flourish in the naming of her constellations. *sigh* Such a great scene. I think it's still my favorite.
Dumbsaint
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Killin Joke » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:01 am

And with Dumbsaint's last post I now know the ep with the sweet star-gazing-scene, is called "Listening to fear". Thanks, hon ;)
Killin Joke
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Dumbsaint » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:05 am

Heh. No problem. Glad to see that my cover worked. 'Cause you know... my REAL favorite non-verbal W/T moment is not actually from the show. No, no. Not at all. Takes place in a cramped little space, in a seedy little bar, in a fic that dare not speak its name...

But it rhymes with "Like 'er" fic.
Dumbsaint
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Killin Joke » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:12 am

ROTFLMAO... /whispers to Dumbsaint: is it somewhere hidden in the deep archives of Pens, or do you have to have real good connections, enough smut to bribe, to get your "willing"hands on a copy ?/ ;)
Killin Joke
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Dumbsaint » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:31 am

No, it's not on Pens. It may not really exist. It could, in fact, be nothing more than a Kitten Urban Legend, as some have suggested. Or it could be the steamiest, most gorgeously lewd string of sentences to ever grace the screen of my computer monitor.

Alas, I cannot tell you wherein lies the truth of the matter. I can only squirm in anticipation of my next illicit reading of its unsurpassed smutty goodness... or can I?

And may there be no end to what this brand spankin' new (emphasis on the [i:01c39a5a11] spanking[/i:01c39a5a11]) Willowhand of mine can entice forth from the hesitant loins- er, files of Smut Whores all the world round.
Dumbsaint
 


It's Non Verbal Wednesday in Sophomore Level Psychology

Postby Rally » Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:32 am

Here we go with the er' fic again, is that like m'cookies?

Non verbal moments, I will stick on my Entropy kick and just say all the looks in the final scene. Both girls potray a complete range of emotions, what is going through their minds, play across their faces. Espeically Willow who goes from confusion to shame to shock and finally utter joy.
Rally
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design