Skip to content


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby MaClayMagic » Wed May 29, 2002 3:00 am

I have just gone and gotten the new Buffy magazine, mainly because it has Willow on the front. (I usually look through to see if it's worth getting!) Inside there is a piece about the 6th season finale. And this on page 4: "while the future may look grim for fans of Tara, recent reports on the Web suggest that the character may not be dead and buried just yet. Writer Drew Greenberg responded to fan queries on Tara's future with the following post to the Bronze: "Amber is sticking around, so don't worry."
Hmmm, Amber may be, but what about Tara? I won't believe anything until I see it on this board!
For those who have to catch Buffy in the Sky 1 repeats here in the UK and lost them this past week because they weren't allowed to be shown! Gee, wonder why?! The two parter that the USA got (probably) will be shown Sunday 2nd June at 10pm-11.50. Won't make it any better. Won't make my stress level ease!
On that thought, what do you think Willow and Tara do when they are stressed out? Ok, so there's THAT!
Have a great Wednesday Kittens, it's nearly Jubilee time here in the UK! Time off work, what could be better!!
MaClayMagic
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby urnofosiris » Wed May 29, 2002 3:30 am

I just spent my vacation money on a laptop. DrG has gone mobile. Oh yeah. :cool
I shall now go and make it all pretty with my WT stuff in the train on the way to my friend, going to watch Star Wars tonight. So what does Willow do against stress? Skipping the obvious "have sex till you drop with Tara" I'd say buy a new laptop and make it all pretty with pics of her gorgeous girlfriend, which, like I said, is what I will do as well. :grin
urnofosiris
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby wiltar » Wed May 29, 2002 3:35 am

blegh, my Wednesday so far just sucks!!! And on top of that, I have to work tonight :puke

So, I just hope you kittens will have a much better day today.

Happy Wednesday kittens!!

Patricia
wiltar
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby ninjitsugrrl » Wed May 29, 2002 3:39 am

Patrica, sorry you are having a bad Wednesday. Hopefully, things will look up soon!
Dr. G, going to see Attack of the Clones tonight, starring my Star Wars girlfriend Natalie Portman, eh? :) I am sure you will love it! I did! Look at me and all my exclamations today.
Hope everyone has a good day. I must be back to "work".
ninjitsugrrl
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby mollyig » Wed May 29, 2002 3:49 am

Well, my Wednesday has just improved enormously. Just found out that [b:d3b664c5f1]Indigo Girls[/b:d3b664c5f1] are coming back to Dublin in August. Yay!! [img:d3b664c5f1]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/blobs/boldblue.gif[/img:d3b664c5f1]
mollyig
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby MaClayMagic » Wed May 29, 2002 3:50 am

Ooh, a new laptop! Congratulations DrG, much happiness with your new toy! I love my laptop! I got one before Christmas and it's so much handier for reading fanfiction anywhere! I have Willow and Tara decorating mine too! And Pikachu doing the whole refuse bin thing! Just make sure they sent you the gubbins for getting it secured against virus's. Mine was missing the disc and I'd just watched my computer die a horrible death because of the Sircam virus. Make sure it's safe! Then see what evil schemes you can foil by using it! Of course, it's not quite the same having a laptop without the obligatory naked girl in bed behind you scene!! Not the kind of accessory you get with laptops! Dang it!
MaClayMagic
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby concrete » Wed May 29, 2002 3:57 am

Patricia; I might not be able to improve this particular day for you, but as far as tomorrow's concerned, check whatever t.v.-guide you have and look at: NL3 at 20:30hrs...Be sure not to miss it/set your vcr's! (same goes for you, [b:54d90941b9] G.[/b:54d90941b9]!) Oh, and tonight "Though Love" is on, just fyi.
concrete
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby kpmuse » Wed May 29, 2002 4:02 am

Good luck with that tough assignment there Garfield. :grin I love setting up a new computer. Adding all the fabulous Willow & Tara sounds, the lovely software and hardware. ;) Uh, the computer's that is! I know what you were thinking!

My pc went kablooey a couple of days ago. I have been trying to reinstall Windows and everything I lost. Blecky! I managed to get AOL working cause hey, I really missed the Kitten Board!

Peace and love to all Kittens!
kpmuse
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby wiltar » Wed May 29, 2002 4:51 am

Oh yeah concrete, thanks! I already have Fucking Amal on video (recorded it from Canal+... god how I love that) but I'm gonna watch it anyway :)

Patricia
wiltar
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Puff » Wed May 29, 2002 5:16 am

Garfield I hope your new laptop has the ability to play movies? :D
Puff
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Grimaldi » Wed May 29, 2002 6:01 am

stupid frickin Lakers lost last night, so i am out $100, but i am happy because i've got tickets to the Poison show on June 8.

When Willow and Tara get stressed out, i think that they would snuggle.
Grimaldi
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby CaptMurdock » Wed May 29, 2002 6:20 am

Stress...Willow starts "organizing." Everything. Putting the spices in alphabetical order. Rearranging the cereal boxes according to how much a particular brand gets eaten. Making sure the refrigator is organized to ensure maximum food efficiency. Things like that. And on and on and on until Tara quietly says Enough and tells Willow to lay face down on the bed so Tara can massage her back and make her relax.

Growing up in the environment she did, Tara learned nothing if not stress management. Her very crafty hands would sketch, create, sculpt or cook some inconsequential masterpiece whose sole purpose would be to let Tara sublimate that nervous energy. Rarely, though...she is not one-quarter the spaz that Willow is.

[b:5e9620ad05] ninjitsugrrl[/b:5e9620ad05]...I think you're gonna like AOTC, especially Natalie Portman (or as Mrs. CaptMurdock continually calls her, "Princess Naboo") and some of the [i:5e9620ad05] fine[/i:5e9620ad05] outfits that she wears. That kid is a clothes-horse! :) Plus, that white outfit that she wears in the final quarter of the film... heh. Let's just say it's [i:5e9620ad05] wicked[/i:5e9620ad05] obvious that Natalie's excited to be there. Heh heh. :D
CaptMurdock
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Rally » Wed May 29, 2002 6:31 am

All the season's best, and worst

By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

In reality, it was not the season the networks imagined.

Drunk with the success of Survivor and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the networks loaded the fall 2001 TV schedule with reality/game shows. The result was the collapse of the genre, done in by excess and by a post-9/11 embrace of community that made the genre's squabbling and back-stabbing seem unacceptably out of sync. That means, I suppose, the midseason success of NBC's loathsomely mean-spirited Fear Factor can be taken as a sign of the return to normalcy.

<snip>

[b:2f0446b6bb] Best single episode: Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Musical (UPN). While it wasn't Buffy 's best season, the show did produce the year's best single hour, a brilliantly audacious original musical, with book, music and lyrics by Joss Whedon. You want a good barometer of whether there's any hope of the academy shaking its stodgy ways?
Watch to see if Whedon gets nominated.[/b:2f0446b6bb]

<snip>

Best proof that kids can be a blessing: The young cast of Once and Again (ABC). The award goes to the young stars, who allowed the show to explore areas that would have been impossible with less gifted actors. And an honorable mention to Blue 's Austin Majors as Theo, who retains his title as the most adorable child on TV.
Rally
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby relativegirl » Wed May 29, 2002 6:35 am

Oh Captain my Captain. I like the way you think! Tara's "crafty hands" on Willow's freckled back? :p I can feel the stress dissipating just thinking about that.

Now I have to go lay face down on the bed.
relativegirl
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby AutumnT » Wed May 29, 2002 6:36 am

As I just mentioned in the DVD thread UPN is pushing this episode HARD for a nomination. They gave out free DVDs of it in [i:d0c8854f87] Variety[/i:d0c8854f87] yesterday.
AutumnT
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby relativegirl » Wed May 29, 2002 6:44 am

I'm happy for Amber's sake that they're promoting OMWF so hard because it certainly is an excellent showcase of her talents. In the grand scheme of things, not that many people watch BtVS so if people who don't watch can be exposed to AB b/c of an all-out Emmy campaign that includes flooding the town with DVDs, I say yeah.
relativegirl
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby emma peel » Wed May 29, 2002 7:30 am

Wouldn't it be ironic if those who hadn't seen OMWF get exposed to Amber,see how brilliant she is. They start asking questions about Amberbrilliance, want to nominate her for an Emmy....and Joss has to say,duh,"I killed her. But I do LOVE her!!! And PLEASE give me that f***ing EMMY NOW!!!!"

Nothing would surprise me these days.

Janice
emma peel
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby imperfectly » Wed May 29, 2002 7:42 am

I just rewatched OMWF last night and I must say...damn if it isn't brilliant. And thank God for Amber. I'm glad UPN is giving it a big Emmy push, because Amber is the real standout in this episode.

It'll be interesting to see if the Academy recognizes their efforts...
imperfectly
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Still Waters Run Deep » Wed May 29, 2002 7:50 am

Oh Molly?

Where and when in Dublin?

Since I'm only just across the water to you I might take a day and come see them there, instead of trucking up to Manchester or wherever.
Still Waters Run Deep
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Dave V » Wed May 29, 2002 8:20 am

imperfectly, Amber does shine in this ep, as many reviewers at the time noted. Heck, my brother doesn't follow Buffy, but he did see that ep. When I told her that Tara was killed off, he said "They killed the best singer!"

To give the devil his due, this IS the best ep this season, and I think is in the top 3 Buffy eps, ever.

Still, emma peel is correct. It is very ironic indeed that Joss' Emmy hopes are so entwined with the outstanding performance given by Amber Benson, who Joss saw fit to write out of the show.
Dave V
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby imperfectly » Wed May 29, 2002 8:33 am

Dave, it would be quite a conundrum for old Joss if they get an Emmy nod for OMWF. Lets face it, Amber is integral, hell, essential, to that episodes success. And if they get a nomination, then Amber would have to be invited to the party, show, etc. Which puts them in the awkward position of having to acknowledge/honor a character they saw fit to write off. Wouldnt that be fun.

But, lets face it. The Academy is a bunch of middle-of-the road dip*hits anyway. If Hush or The Body couldnt get a nod, I doubt OMWF will. Its even more out there than those two. The only glimmer of hope that Buffy has is that the Sopranos is out of Emmy running this year because their season started too late.
imperfectly
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby AutumnT » Wed May 29, 2002 8:39 am

Yeah, SMG probably has a shot because the Emmys are *always* late to the party and they've got two actress slots to fill with no Bracco or Falco. Aly is always a long shot no matter how good she is, but at least they gave her a lot to do this year and the Emmys LOVE crying. Amber has frankly no chance in hell for a nomination as the show didn't even consider her a big enough deal to put in the credits. Marsters is a longer shot than Aly as the supporting categories are full of cop and doctor shows and let's not forget West Wing.
AutumnT
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby tyche » Wed May 29, 2002 8:45 am

If anyone's interested, the June 2002 edition of 'Stuff' magazine (our old friends, the folks who got Amber into a corset) features pics of scantily clad Elisabeth Rohm and Jorja Fox. The Elisabeth pics can be found at the site below:
www.efanguide.com/%7Eerohm/radiance-elisabethpics1.html
or you can just look up the Stuff website:
www.stuffmagazine.com/
Happy drooling. And have a nice Wednesday!
tyche
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby imperfectly » Wed May 29, 2002 8:53 am

Yeah, Autumn, but Aly didnt have a lot to do in OMWF. Im not entirely sure how the screening/voting process works. For best show do they just screen one episode? Then how about for the acting categories? If they only get one show and its OMWF, Aly may be a lost cause. Youre right, SMG is probably the best bet all around. Which is still a long shot. As for Amberwellyeah. Shes screwed (in so many ways, thank you ME...) Though, they could push for her to get a guest star nod. I mean, wasnt she billed as that basically all season? Of course, that brings us back to the give the girl we killed an Emmy problem. Sigh.
imperfectly
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Gatito Grande » Wed May 29, 2002 8:59 am

No matter how p*ssed I am at BTVS for this past season's debaucles, I can't quit wishing that Aly gets the nomination she so richly deserves.

I was feeling ambivalent about OMWF getting nominated---not because it isn't worthy: hell yeah it is!---but simply not wanting to reward Joss [i:33e9313ba7] this[/i:33e9313ba7] year of all years. But like you say, the irony of being nominated for an episode that Amber so shone in, and having so many in "the biz" (hopefully) notice the irony, tips the scale. So give Joss his Emmy, but let him twist in the wind w/ it. :mad

GG [i:33e9313ba7] Do you think we would be lucky enough to see clips from OMWF---hopefully w/ Amber in 'em---on the awards telecast?[/i:33e9313ba7] Out
Gatito Grande
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby AutumnT » Wed May 29, 2002 9:12 am

Here's how the process works. Basically any actor wishing to have the potential to get a nomination has to fill out a form and send in a fee to the Emmys. No "official" episodes are sent at this time. Of course lots of "For your consideration" type ads are taken out. The OMWF thing is just that, like an ad. Then [b:8a242bd454] after[/b:8a242bd454] the nominations are announced episodes are submitted. Any actor nominated then submits one episode which they think highlights their work and a show submits 6 episodes.

So, in other words the fact that OMWF went out with [i:8a242bd454] Variety[/i:8a242bd454] has no direct correlation or impact on whether or not Aly gets a nomination. And the only way Amber could even be considered for a nomination is if her people did the form/fee thing. And frankly I doubt that has happened.

You can read all the Emmy rules in their glory at emmys.org
AutumnT
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby imperfectly » Wed May 29, 2002 9:16 am

Thanks Autumn. It's all clearer to me now.
imperfectly
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Gatito Grande » Wed May 29, 2002 9:30 am

Thanks, Autumn. I wasn't trying to imply that there was a correlation to the [i:192a84aa6b] Variety[/i:192a84aa6b] ad, or Joss being nominated, w/ Aly. It's just that if Aly [i:192a84aa6b] did[/i:192a84aa6b] get nominated, it would be as "Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Drama): Alyson Hannigan in [i:192a84aa6b] Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/i:192a84aa6b]." Thus, giving an implied nod to the show that tore our hearts out this year. :(

GG [i:192a84aa6b] I actually wrote a scathing letter to the Academy last year when Joss didn't get nominated for "The Body" and Aly didn't get a "Best Supporting" nom. Not that it could accomplish anything: it just felt good to vent. Wasn't on the Kitten then! [/i:192a84aa6b] Out
Gatito Grande
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby AutumnT » Wed May 29, 2002 9:41 am

Actually I'm pretty certain that Aly will put herself in the Supporting category rather than the leading. Though this year she could go either way.
AutumnT
 


It's a 'Whacky Notion' Wednesday, MKF

Postby Rally » Wed May 29, 2002 9:43 am

Cross & Stake says the DVD only went out to subscribers of Variety, so I guess I can stop calling all the local magazine shops looking for a copy.

Oh and the press release about is in the Buffy DVD thread... oh well back to work.
Rally
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design