Skip to content


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby tyche » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:51 am

I know there was a thread about the AFI Awards (the people who nominated 'Buffy' for Best Dramatic Series) already, but I thought with the short notice and all, people might miss it if I just replied to the thread, which I can't find anyway. Mods can feel free to bitch-slap me if necessary.
Okay, the AFI Awards will be on CBS at 8pm tonight (Eastern Time.) Samuel L. Jackson and Michelle Pfeiffer will be hosting.
Info courtesy of Yahoo! Clubs BtVS Passion.

------------------
Good God, that's a lot of shake!

[This message has been edited by tyche (edited January 05, 2002).]

I

tyche
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:51 am

Thanks for the reminder. Have now made sure it will be taped for posterity.

------------------
Amberholic #1969
Keeper of the kitten spirit that lies in us all
Keeper of the fluffy pink rhinos (don't ask)
The 100th Light for Tara
Bardlet #15 (thanx Angie)
President of Guys Who Love Willow & Tara Fan Club

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand."
from 'Witch Hunt' by Rush

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:52 am

Well, I think they picked a good clip. I've been trying to spot Buffy cast and producers in the audience and only found Michelle T. so far. Anyone else have any luck?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:52 am

oh, double poo! they lost to the sopranos!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:52 am

That was so COOL seeing Buffy the Vampire Slayer up there with the other best dramas! Wow! So deserved!
AFI Rocks!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:52 am

quote:
Originally posted by AutumnT:
Well, I think they picked a good clip.

What clip did they pick?

------------------
I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:52 am

quote:
Originally posted by Rane:
oh, double poo! they lost to the sopranos!

Bugger!

------------------
"...the hardest thing in this world is to live in it..."
~Buffy, The Gift.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 am

The clip was from OMWF - "Going Through the Motions" right as Buffy is rescuing that guy who was tied up on the tree, then she stakes a vamp and the song culminates with us seeing her sing the last words through the vamp dust with a big musical finish.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 am

quote:
Originally posted by Scoobiedoo:
What clip did they pick?


They showed SMG's "Going Through the Motions" from the 'sleepwalk through my life's endeavor' line. Actually, I thought that was a rather weak choice, I would have used a clip from "Why Should We Care" with the whole group singing. That is where the spirit of the show resides.

Anyone have any news about the Psyche Buffy Transcripts at: http://www.psyche.kn-bremen.de/buffy.html
I cannot get the page to respond - Ye Olde 404 - Page Not Found Error. Cannot even get the main domain.


I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 am

quote:
Originally posted by Lijdrec:
They showed SMG's "Going Through the Motions" from the 'sleepwalk through my life's endeavor' line. Actually, I thought that was a rather weak choice

I guess I just really like the whole big musical feel to the ending and that great shot where she dusts the vamp as the song ends. It was pretty much a given they would use a more dramatic SMG clip and it's a moment I really like. Sure, I would've loved to have seen Amber singing "Under Your Spell", but I think the chances of that were slim.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 am

Excuse me if I'm missing something here but BTVS was up for best dramatic series and they chose a number from the musical?????
Yes ONWF was great but up against heavy hitters like The Sopranos and West Wing...come on.

Buffy return to the living would have been a better choice or Aly's dramatic help me.

------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a; May the Amber Force be with you.
Keeper of my own insanity
"I love being a girl, having a girl.." ~as sung by Amber Benson in the UK

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwiccan:
Excuse me if I'm missing something here but BTVS was up for best dramatic series and they chose a number from the musical?????
...Buffy return to the living would have been a better choice or Aly's dramatic help me.


I agree! I would have picked the Aly breakdown scene from Wrecked! But, there are so many other options. BtVS is always full of dramatic angst. And, lost to the Sopranos? Granted, I haven't seen many of their eps but I'm certain BtVS is better written! Oh well, at least BtVs got the recognition! (They deserve to win!!!!)

------------------
Willow:Its so cool that shes ours. pause Uh, yours. That
shes yours is-is cool.
Tara: She can be ours if you want?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:54 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwiccan:
Excuse me if I'm missing something here but BTVS was up for best dramatic series and they chose a number from the musical?????

What it looked like to me is that specific episodes were nominated and that was the episode that was nominated. Just like "Pine Barrens" was nominated for the "Sopranos" - you could tell by the writer/director credits that they used for each clip that it appeared to be a particular episode.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:56 am

I'd just like to say, I'm glad LOTR won best film. Hopefully it's in Oscar contention now, if it wasn't already...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:56 am

Ok,I'm listening to Add it up ( ya know that soundtrack from Lost and Delirious )

So,..to express my feeling..

Why can't I get just one award?
Why can't I get just one award?
I guess it's got something to do with luck!
But I waited my whole life for just one...

Oh my my mymymy mo mo mum
Take a look now at what AFI has done
The Sopranos walkin' around like they are #1
W/T went downtown and they got them none.

So don't steal steal steal that award from me
Don't steal steal steal that award from me
You know you've got my sympathy
But don't steal steal steal that award from me

Day after day
I get angry
And I will say
That the day
When Buffy kicks your butt
When they'll take an award
And finally we'll get to see Amber and Alyson hold each other thight. ( In friendly sense,of course )
.....

*sigh* no offend The Sopranos Just...it's about time we get some of it,don't ya think?

Anyway,to be nominated is really cool.

Keep rocking BtVS!
*Fuzz*

edited : Oops! tight not thight or not even thigh ( don't even go there,you naughty minded )

[This message has been edited by Fuzz (edited January 06, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:56 am

hehe, fuzz.

yeah, they usually send out one tape for TV noms. the people who vote sometimes dont even see it. i think it should be mandatory.

my boss at USA films had to check in and log all the movies she saw for the oscars when she voted. i think that way the people actually see the product they are voting on.

but tv is different. you've got 22 mini movies or in buffy's and many tv dramas cases you've got a 22 hour movie.

but i think it's a major pat in the back to be nominated with those other shows. it's incredible if you really want to know my opinion.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:56 am

I'm so annoyed...I knew this was going to be on but I was out to dinner with my parents and I kept trying to hurry them but they refused to hurry. And then we got back and I turned it on and there were the Sopranos people up on stage and I was like, ah crud Buffy must have lost again. I did see a very sophisticated-looking Michelle T in the audience, though.

Does anyone remember what was said about the show by way of introduction to the clip?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:57 am

Buffy was there, next to Sporanos.

I was able to give her sister a smug "I told you so." look. Sister says she will watch first season dvds with me when I get them.

Progress. Slow, but sure progress.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:57 am

Pics of JM, Joss, Amber and MT up at wireimage.com

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:57 am

Amber looked really good in her strapless gown! Whoo Hoo!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:57 am

is there anybody who could access WireImage? it would be much better to see these pics if they are larger. and yeah kitten scout, she looks really good on that black strapless gown

------------------
Amber is coolness personified.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:57 am

When they introduced the Buffy clip, the audience cheered very loudly! I thought that was great recognition for the show from it's creative peers! I was very gratified for that response alone. I felt that it signified that these folks were saying with the extra loud cheers "Great choice! It's about time."

I also noticed that the TVGuide.com site has a poll question about Which New Year's resolution should Hollywood make for 2002? The leader with 29% of the 5000 plus votes is "Nominate Buffy the Vampire Slayer for an Emmy."

You never know. Maybe the tide is turning for this year. Let's hope! It was way cool to even see our show up there in front of everybody watching the broadcast!
Well, I gonna be hopeful and I am sticking to it, darn it!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:58 am

I'm not upset that they lost so much, but I am upset that they lost to The Sopranos which, according to many writers, has gone downhill creatively this last year. It is exciting that they were nominated and got such good exposure, though. Especially since the nominators were a selective group of peers and not just a majority of showbiz folks like the Emmys.

And I think it's cute seeing the pics of Joss with James and Amber at the show. The boss with his two teacher's pets. I didn't see them at all on the broadcast - did anyone else?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:58 am

quote:
Originally posted by darvangi:
I'm not upset that they lost so much, but I am upset that they lost to The Sopranos which, according to many writers, has gone downhill creatively this last year.

Well, the "Pine Barrens" episode was quite good. I really think the important thing to note here is that there were only four dramas even nominated. Two were on HBO where writers can get away with almost anything without network restrictions. West Wing is also a hell of a show. A number of critically acclaimed dramas were not even nominated. It was very good company and FINALLY some organization recognized it for a major award.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:58 am

Okay, I was watching the tvguide channel this morning (just checking what was on, promise) and there was a report on the AFI awards. They talked to James and Amber; it was a really quick clip.

She said something like; "If we don't win, we're going to get some vampires and do a stake out." Or something like that. Sorry I didn't tape it but I didn't think she was there.

And as usual, Amber talks lovely nonsense. Heh. I love that woman.

------------------
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." she muttered... ~ Four Months After by Capt. Murdock

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:58 am

Not to be a shill for the TV Guide channel or anything, but they usually replay those clips throughout the day. Like every hour or two. I just saw it at 2something pm central time.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:58 am

Yeah, but who wants to watch tvguide all day when the Packers are winning? Heh.

------------------
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." she muttered... ~ Four Months After by Capt. Murdock

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:59 am

quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
Yeah, but who wants to watch tvguide all day when the Packers are winning? Heh.



As a Niner's fan, let me just say...boo, hiss!!! (Cause now they have to play in Green Bay next week instead of at home)

[This message has been edited by Wiccagrrl (edited January 06, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:59 am

Heh heh I'd rather watch the tv guide channel, I'm definatly not a football fan.

oh my gods too funny it was on just as I was writting this. BTW this is Amber's quote,
"I think if we don't win we are just going to get some vampires and just take everybody out"
hee hee shes just too cute

------------------
"Okay, thats a little blacker then I like my arts" -Willow

I

Unregistered(d)
 


AFI Awards on US TV tonight (Sat. Jan 5th)

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:59 am

That was a great little clip with Amber and James! Jane Kaczmarek was saying that a lot of really talented people are overlooked in other award shows (or something to that effect). And then there they were!! (appropiately placed). I just turned on the tv hoping to see it and it was right on after a banjo cd ad. "Call now to receive your copy of bearded banjo boys for only $9.99!"
Oh, there was another AFI commercial! I really need to turn this off...

I

Unregistered(d)
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design