Skip to content


Small FW Amber article

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Small FW Amber article

Postby Incarnadine » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:23 am

I went back to the 7-11 and copied down the article while on a munchie run. I thought the Amberholics in here could use anothewr fix so here it is:
Amber Benson takes the bull by the horns and follows her dreams. This past year the young actress commendably wrote, produced, directed and starred in the film Chance. She might be best known for her role as Tara, the soft-spoken lesbian witch on the Emmy award winning series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But unlike her shy and quiet character, the exuberant actress conveys a sense of self-confidence and refuses to buy into the whole Hollywood body image craze: "I'm not going to throw up, starve myself or over-exercise into oblivion to look like a model." A lover of movies, music and books Benson lists as her influences musician Jeff Buckley, Hemingway, her mom and her sister and one day would love to work with Albert Finney and Johnny Depp. When asked her best quality Benson replies, "I try and be happy as much as possible." And what does she define happiness as? "Not worrying about anything, taking life as it comes to you."

Apart from saying BTVS has won an Emmy it's pretty good. I took a closer look and found there were also articles with Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof. I never knew Amy was just supposed to be a guest star, I though they planned to make her a regular from the start. All 3 have 1 full page pic. Amber is on a plush white carpet (might be fur) with her hair up in a beehive like do and a tastefull browm top with mesh sleeves (pic only shows her from the waist up). The Amy pic is rather cute too. Amber article is on pg. 77 pic on 69, Alexis and Amy are both on 76.

------------------
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer-and another one!
--Old Irish toast

[This message has been edited by Incarnadine (edited January 05, 2002).]

I

Incarnadine
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:23 am

Thanks for the fix!

------------------
Willow:Its so cool that shes ours. pause Uh, yours. That
shes yours is-is cool.
Tara: She can be ours if you want?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:24 am

Thanks for the article, Incarnadine. I look forward to these!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:24 am

What magazine is this?

Thanks for the article by the way.

------------------
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." she muttered... ~ Four Months After by Capt. Murdock

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:24 am

quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
What magazine is this?

Thanks for the article by the way.


Magazine is simply called FW. Calls itself a Fashion, Entertainment and Fitness magazine. Issue 28 (forgot to get the name of the girl on the cover.

------------------
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer-and another one!
--Old Irish toast

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:24 am

quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I went back to the 7-11 and copied down the article while on a munchie run

Now that's some dedication. Thank you.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:24 am

Thanks for the article -- gonna have to check it out when I do my own munchie run down to the 7-11!

*to self ... remember FW FW FW FW*

------------------
"And how long have you known your girlfriend's Tinkerbell?"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:25 am

Yes, thanks very much indeed. My brain is addled, does this pic sound like something we've seen before? Otherwise, a scan will be needed.

And hasn't BtVS won some technical-type Emmys, makeup and stuff? That would make it, strictly speaking, an Emmy-award-winning series.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:25 am

I scanned the pic:

[img:6062a52074]http://www.alysonhannigancorner.com/HDC/tn_fwamber01_jpg.jpg[/img:6062a52074] [img:6062a52074]http://www.alysonhannigancorner.com/HDC/tn_fwamber02_jpg.jpg[/img:6062a52074]

The second scan is just a crop/enlargement into 1024x768 for wallpapers.

I don't know if the magazine is still on the stands because I got it through eBay.

-- Nick

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:25 am

Thanks Nick!! Oh man I really need this mag, ok wait, Amber is so beautiful but I didn't know she'd joined the B-52s

Oh and incarnadine, at the kitten we just love amber, we are not addicted to her, so we avoid that -holic terminology.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited January 15, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:25 am

thanks for the articles and scans! wow! anything Amber always makes me go bravo! peace

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:27 am

Incarnadine, from this non-Amberholic, thanks for typing this up.
And thanks for the great scans Dead Dog.
Lovely hairdo, heh heh, and her head looks so very lovely just where it is, level and on her shoulders.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:28 am

actually i'd like to clear up a widely held misconception- Buffy [b:309a5fa835]has[/b:309a5fa835] won an Emmy. In fact it's won 2. Both from Season 2 for Outstanding Makeup for a Series for Surprise/Innocence and one for Christopher Beck for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series for Becoming- Part 1.

Beck and the makeup people deserve to be recognized for the well-earned props. So it's not a writing, acting, or overall win. But there're still Emmies...

that said I like the Amber pic and blurb... thanks Incarnadine and Dead Dog...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:28 am

Thanks for the article and pic's! She is a real looker, ain't she?

------------------
*Sings*
Oh, you can tell, by the rapture on my face,
That synthetic fur makes for a sensual embrace!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:28 am

thanks for the scans! she looks so pretty...

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
Convention review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:28 am

Thanks for posting the article and scan! She is just so awesome!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:28 am

EP posted the Amber pics on HDC, he also put up the Amy Acker pics and article from that issue too. http://www.hannigan.com/conclave/showth ... eadid=1524

------------------
Here's to the women who love me terribly,
May they soon improve.

[This message has been edited by Incarnadine (edited January 15, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:29 am

Thanks for the article, and the scanned pics. It's a nice on...he he!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:29 am

Ooooooo.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:29 am

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
Amber is so beautiful but I didn't know she'd joined the B-52s

ROFL, she really is beautiful, you have to be to pull off that look

Thanks Incarnadine for the transcript and thanks Nick for the scans.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Small FW Amber article

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:29 am

You're right, Brian - you know Amber is beautiful if she looks decent in a beehive hairstyle. But I do like that darker color on her - at least in this pic. When her hair was dark on the show it didn't look so hot for some reason. I say bring back the rasta hair she had in Tabula Rasa.

Hey - Amber and me have something in common: we both want to work with Johnny Depp.

[This message has been edited by darvangi (edited January 15, 2002).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design