Skip to content


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby darvangi » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:06 pm

The Bronze Beta (www.bronzebeta.com) is the board that looks like the Bronze used to, as a linear format. But it's a fan board and unofficial - still, VIPs have posted there on occasion. Here's the posts from Oct. 15 and 17 in descending order, with Amber's post at the very bottom:

[quote:72ab4c70d1]Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 18:20:16 2001209.55.76.100)

Quick note --

Fantasma - Yes, there WILL be a soundtrack cd. Get ready to place your orders now.

Bye.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 18:12:56 2001209.55.76.100)

Kevin UK - Not widescreen. More like short screen. You know, with the bands.

Anyway, must return to the grind now.

(Wait. It's not a grind. It's fun to be working so hard. Really.)

Take care, all. Sorry if I missed a post from anyone. But you're all in my pants...

THOUGHTS! You're all in my THOUGHTS. Geez. Sorry.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 18:07:49 2001209.55.76.100)

carebear - As for Dawn... Well, our little girl is growing up. Spreading her wings. And dyings.

(Wait, I didn't say that. She's not gonna die. I was thinking of Spike.)


(Wait, that's not what I meant. Spike's fine... Aw, crap.)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 18:04:53 2001209.55.76.100)

Brassbow - After four and a half years of working for him, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there's nothing Joss can't do. He plays whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

Evalie - No apostrophes. They confound me.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:57:46 2001209.55.76.100)

To those inquiring about the documentary, it all probably depends on if FOX thinks there's a market for it. Eveyone's interest seems to indicate there is.

Rikki - Be not afraid. I've had my teeth removed and my paws declawed.

Brassbow - I feel your pain. I suspect many in tv like the letterbox format since it gives their shows a cinematic scope. (Everybody wants to make movies.)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:52:09 2001209.55.76.100)

Evalie - Next week's is an Espenson/Fury ep. Jane wrote the funny stuff, I contributed the commas and pregnant pauses.

spike's girl - The Musical "Once More With Feeling" airs Nov. 6. And it will be nothing short of brilliant. A great score written by Joss.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:37:06 2001209.55.76.100)

Princess - Talk to Allyson. She runs my site and filters requests and stuff.

Thanks, Kestra.

greeneyes - There's a lot of legal issues to work out with FOX before the general public can see it. Maybe it'll be on the DVD. We'll see.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:31:53 2001209.55.76.100)

Rosebud - Funny you should ask. The musical will be letterboxed for your viewing enjoyment.

Artie - You da man. Thanks again. And thanks for the board.

Allyson - Oh, Doug's around. Maybe he'll stop in later.

Thanks, Artemis. And for the record books, the title was "hell" with a lower-case "h."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:26:55 2001209.55.76.100)

And FYI - the "Musical" promos last night were actually from footage I'm shooting for an "inhouse" documentary of the making of the musical.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:25:17 2001209.55.76.100)

Sure, Princess. Although, it'll have to wait for a while. Keeping me very busy here.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:24:13 2001209.55.76.100)

Jenkins -- Not bad. Just dull. And derivitive. Don't know how they plan to sustain a Superman show when he doesn't fly or put on the costume.

Bullseye - As far as we're concerned, this is the only place to post. I can't even get on the "official" site.

Allyson - Someday...

Safarigirl - Already conveyed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:19:52 2001209.55.76.100)

And thank you to whomever provided me with the blueness of my colors. It's like old times.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Fury says:
(Wed Oct 17 17:17:31 2001209.55.76.100)

Hey, betabronzers... Let's give it up for the directorial debut of Mr. Doug Petrie. A fine, funny piece of work. Congrats to my colleague.

And was I the only one a bit disappointed with "Krypton's Creek" last night?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

I may have trouble convincing you I'm Joss says:
(Wed Oct 17 02:45:00 2001209.55.76.100)

Hello. i may have trouble convincing you i'm joss, but I really am. I mean, even more than usual. I'm SO Joss that... it doesn't matter. Only the information I have is important. And I don't actually have any. EXCEPT THIS: I have spoken to the brass a UPN very specifically about getting a real posting board on the site. They're new at this, but it's gonna happen. And we will chat and there will be colors and all will be well. Just be patient. In the meanwhile, here is my usual list of obviously fake spoilers:

All gay

Buffy dies

Runaway bunny --from the GRAVE!

Ah, my heart just ain't in it. Anyhoo, to be concludy, thanks to those that have been keeping the torch burning -- I only heard about this place tonight. I'm all beat up from shooting the damn musical. I'm at the it's-a-disaster-they're-gonna-take-away-my-DGA-card-and-put-me-in-a-cage stage. Hopefully that will be replaced by a more optimistic frame of mind any day now.

So there it is. You can now all start doubting my identity.

love

j

------------------------------

Amber Benson says:
(Mon Oct 15 03:46:37 2001209.178.161.193)

Bonjour! This is my only post tonight because I have to go to bed 'cause I have a 6 am call. 'nough said on that front. I am posting tonight 'cause I wanted everyone to know that I have enjoyed the bronze enormously over the past two years. It's been so neat to lurk about and see what people are thinking. Even though I don't post very often anymore, I still like to keep abreast of what is going on in the Buffyverse. I also wanted to say that it would be splendiforously cool if UPN created a linear board at the bronze so that we can all chat more easily. Threaded is nice, but it's a little harder to navigate. And people are always starting weird threads that boggle the mind like: 17/swf looking for Riley and Dead vampire spikey are you THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, that kinda stuff is cute and all, but it would be nice just to be able to chat normally again.

alright, must get some sleep. tara love to all. kitty fantastico sings her love
amber[/quote:72ab4c70d1]


*The musical will be letterboxed! That's very good news - I'm even more excited now. And I hope that the 'inhouse' documentary becomes available to the public at some point. Very good to know that Joss is pressuring UPN to put up a better official Bronze. Maybe we will get some good Amber posts when they make a proper linear board.

[This message has been edited by darvangi (edited October 18, 2001).]

I

darvangi
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:06 pm

Those are very cool. I miss Joss' fake spoilers. I hope they do get it back on track over at the new buffy official site.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:07 pm

YAY! Letterbox! I love letterbox! (2.35:1)

Thanks darvangi!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:07 pm

Am I the only one who prefers flat (un-nested) threaded boards to linear ones? The 'KateVamp212 where R U Let's Roleplay!' type threads Amber talked about are much easier to ignore on a threaded board than the linear's:

"Shout out to Pookie Bear
Jo Jo
WillowClairolHair
Mr. Snuffy
Toe Jam
Kookamunga
All the members of HRTSDBLT (Riley and Amy the Rat 4 Eva!!!!)
Keeper of...blah blah blah for four lines,
JOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSSJOSS......"

Ad infinitum...I hated that on the linear board.

-len

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:07 pm

I like threaded boards as well. I guess that is the problem though len. There are people who are at the bronze for the social aspect and not discussion. It's easier for them to scan for their name at the bronze linear by using the find function on their browser than having to do that at many threads.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:09 pm

Oh I definitely agree - I could never follow what was going on with the linear board and I will never understand why the BTVS folks prefer it, but the reason I want UPN to create a linear board (along with an additional threaded one, just like the old Bronze) is so that we can get more VIP posts, because they will never post on a threaded board and, even if they did, it would be more difficult to locate and catalog the posts.

I just love VIP posts. I'm on cloud nine right now reading these.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:09 pm

Beyond Cloud Nine and heading towards...oooh...at least Cloud 11.

Does the singing feline reference imply that Amber knows where Miss Kitty Fantastico actually IS?

I think we should be told...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:10 pm

Very cool, I'm not a big fan of the linear board either but if that's what is needed for VIPs to post, so be it

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:10 pm

len, can i be WillowClairolHair?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:10 pm

Tara love to all - aw sweet.

And she does know where MKF is - that's why we never see her anymore - Amber Benson has kidnapped (or catnapped her)!

------------------
"Adding up the total of a love that's true multiply life by the power of two"
- Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:11 pm

Thanks for posting those! I really enjoy reading them; the writers are so funny. Steve DeKnight is the funniest.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:11 pm

We should hound Amber to post here! That all I had to say really!

------------------
me quotes...
"I tried having phone sex once, it all when very nasty...the phone shouted rape! Never again I tell you"
"Insanity, In sanity, okay is someone trying to confuse me, am I insane or in sane?"
"You, you...you put the itch into bitch...yeah thats right you itch-y bitch-y...err spider?"
"I be babble. You too... you be babble too."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:11 pm

Soundtrack CD!!! Too cool!!! Documentary!!! Yes!!! Letterbox!!! More yes!!! Linear board!!! No!!! Love Amber even though she apparently misspelled splendiferously!!! YES!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:11 pm

So, I dont want to sound completely ignorant (cant be helped) but what is letterbox?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

Shazza, a great (almost *too* thorough) explanation of letterbox formatting can be found here: http://www.firsttvdrama.com/show2/letterb.php3
(I've never posted a link here before so I'm not sure if that will be clickable. If not, use the ol' cut and paste.)
The short explanation is: letterbox is the "wide screen" retangular format commonly associated with feature films. To show it on TV, there are by necessity black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and the image is smaller. But you get to see the whole picture. Apparently Joss is going all-out with the musical, even to the extent of giving it the cinematic wide-screen treatment.

Did anyone else think Amber's example of a wacky thread topic was really funny? I wonder if she made that up or if it was something she actually saw... it's funny either way.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

Just a quick add to the letterbox comments... If you've seen Angel or Enterprise or ER lately, these are all now being shown in letterbox format. The black bars, wider picture idea.

Also note, if you have an HDTV it should stretch the picture to the full screen, as its screen is made wider.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

hey wasn't Family a.k.a. Tara's birthday iared on Nov 7 last year? do you think that means the musical (airing nov 6 this year) will be on or around tara's birthday too? or is that privilege reserved fo buffy only?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

Okay just a few questions. So there is going to be another 'Buffy' C.D?Will it be of the songs from buffy, the songs from JUST the musical episode or perhaps a mix of the two?
Also, so this letterbox format, is what? From what I'm reading it sounds like the picture is smaller because there is a black border around the picture, but if you have some special type of new tv it will show a wider(?) picture?????
Okay if anyone knows the answers to any of these questions feel free to fill me in!!

------------------
"Do you love her?"-Willow
Tara stroked a hand over
Willows cheek. "Not
like I love you," she
whispered..."Not yet."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

quote:
Originally posted by ~KISMIC~:
Also, so this letterbox format, is what? From what I'm reading it sounds like the picture is smaller because there is a black border around the picture, but if you have some special type of new tv it will show a wider(?) picture?????



You don't need a special TV...the picture is, heightwise, smaller, but fills up the width of the screen...

Example:

----------


----------
Normal TV


-----------------------

-----------------------
Letterbox

More stuff included in the width, black bars on top of picture.

Did that help at all?

------------------
T: I am, you know.
W: What?
T: Yours.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:13 pm

Just saw this-cool

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:13 pm

oh man, i can't wait for the cd. It'll be great for singalongs on long drives, which i'm on a lot since my boyfriend's family lives in Arkansas(i'm in connecticut) going through the mountains the only stations we get are banjoplaying ones with bible verses spoken over them. Some Buffy tunes will be much needed.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:13 pm

*LOL* EvilAnya, you just gotta get into the banjo-playin-bible-bashing spirit!

Thanx for posting these, since I have to wait to download eps I'm about a week behind, and I hate being spoiled so I have to stay away from the boards...
so, babble, babble, thanks for doing all the hard work

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:13 pm

quote:
Originally posted by ~KISMIC~:
Okay just a few questions. So there is going to be another 'Buffy' C.D?Will it be of the songs from buffy, the songs from JUST the musical episode or perhaps a mix of the two?

This CD should just be the songs from the one ep, I think.


quote:

Also, so this letterbox format, is what? From what I'm reading it sounds like the picture is smaller because there is a black border around the picture, but if you have some special type of new tv it will show a wider(?) picture?????

HDTV has a wider ratio on the physical screen, yes. But it doesn't show you any more than a classic TV.

If you watch a regular TV program on a classic TV, there are no black bars (naturally). If you watch a widescreen program on classic TV, you get bars at the top and bottom.

If you watch a regular TV program on an HDTV, you get black bars at the sides. If you watch a widescreen program on an HDTV, it will (generally) fill the screen.

In the next 3-5 years, you'll gradually see most programs switch to widescreen as HDTV becomes mainstream. Right now, it's an expensive extra option for technology junkies.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:13 pm

am hoping this post works..

From Joss, about the musical, joy

quote:
joss, a simple man with nosecret code to protect his virginal name says:
(Wed Oct 31 14:40:21 2001 4.41.196.128) [Edit/Delete]

Quick stop in. Saw a Q and yes, the musical ep isgoing to be a few minutes longer, maybe run over by about six. So set your VCR's accordingly, particularly since Tuesday night is the ONLY TIME the show will be broadcast in its entirety. It will run again but deep cuts will have to be made -- UPN are gods for letting us run (a total of eight minutes) long, but they can't do it on the rerun too. So Watch! PS, has anyone seen the bills posted in LA (and amybe NY?) I designed (with much help from the masterful Jeph Loeb) a classic old style musical poster and the brilliant Adam Hughes (He does covers for Wonder Woman comics) painted it. It's something to see. Boy, after all this effort, I sure hope you don't all hate the thundering crap out of the show. That'd be oops.


And yes, my name is still a virgin. It has yet to know the love of another name.

Naked, gay, goats, etc.... joss.



quote:
joss, a man who is leaving says:
(Wed Oct 31 15:00:03 2001 4.41.196.128) [Edit/Delete]

Forgot to mention: The guys a UPN said they'd get a linear board up by the time the ep airs so I can check in and see what people thought. But keep the pressure on! Just in case. Also, soundtrack... we're definitely going to put one out, but it may take a while cuz of contract bull$@&%, MAN it's been a nightmare trying to set that up. I'm hoping to have place at Buffupn for people to log on and click if they're interested in buying it. If we set it up, click away! (but if you do, just once, so we can get an accurate number). I guess some execs didn't think there'd be much interest, but I'm not looking to go platinum, just some streaks or highlights.... sorry. Hair secrets. Not looking for a hit record, just want those who want it to be able to get it. But every step has been painful and insane and pretty much shaken my faith in humanity. I also don't trust Caribou anymore. They're out there, on the tundra, waiting... Something's going down. I'm right about this.


[This message has been edited by Halcyon (edited October 31, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:14 pm

Excellent. From what I've heard, I'd definitely buy a soundtrack. Thanks Teri.

------------------
"Y-you wanna look at the money? I find it always calms me."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:14 pm

This is very interesting, Joss' says that when the episode airs next Tuesday, it will be the only time the episode is broadcast in its entirety, I wonder if they'll show it like that next Monday in Canada, or if they'll cut scenes?

In Canada, they never show the promo for the next new episode, because they use it for extra commercial time, so they might not let it run long because they are greedy bastards

I'll tape next Monday on another tape but I'll put the Tuesday UPN one on my Buffy tape, don't want to take any chances.

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited October 31, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:14 pm

On my way to work saw the new musical posters, almost got into another accident trying to look at theses promo posters. Really didn't get a good look at it but will check it out later nad report on what they look like.

Gotta love the UPN suits for promoting the hell out of our show, especially one particular episode.

"When did you know your girlfriend was tinerbell"

"Am I under you spell? Nothing I can do You just took my soul with you..."

"I'm a breast gal myself..."

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:15 pm

I wonder....does anyone know if posters for the Musical Ep are going to be sold to fans? That would be a cool thing to have in my office.

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:15 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Ed Wood:
YAY! Letterbox! I love letterbox! (2.35:1)

Thanks darvangi!


Damn!! Actually. Oh not for me personally. I have no problems with 'WS'. Just thinking a a few frieds that I have are a little on the semi-blind catagory. It's doesn't helt that these 2 hava a rather dinky set anyway. Maybe they'll show it TV-size on the DVD's

But I'm also an advocate that is it's a big movie - Letterbox is fin on a tv. If its a TV programme. Keep it formatted to the size of the Damn TV.

Sorry, stuff like this has got to me recently. And i guess I just need to let it out.

------------------
IM: Taramaclay69
Guardian of VampTara
--
Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.
--

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Amber, Joss and Fury posts on Bronze Beta

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:15 pm

I want to see musical ep promo posters! Anyone know if any kind kitten has taken snapshots of them and posted...?

I can't believe I just asked that. -.-;;;

I

Unregistered(d)
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design