Skip to content


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby xita » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:46 pm

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet grumble, grumble but someone did

Salicin (xie) was awesome enough to scan them and put them up for our viewing pleasure. They are awesome. I am so excited! I can't wait to get my set.

Here they are

Salicin rocks!! That one card that says lovers, gave me shivers ...

[This message has been edited by xita (edited September 30, 2001).]

I

xita
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:46 pm

Oh Xie, bless you , thank you
This is absolutely fantastic, I love that last card, number 88 as well, those are some of the best quotes combined. Perfect.

Woo & Hoo!!!

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited September 30, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:46 pm

I have to add a little personal note on this one.. I'm actually friends w/one of the guys that designs the cards(will be seeing the season opener over @his house) and it's good to know that he isn't just a guy doing a job, but a HUGE fan of BTVS--so, I'll give him the compliments, Xita.

------------------
*~*~*~*~* I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out. And I don't sleep on a bed of bones *~*~*~*~*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:47 pm

Thanks xie, these are amazing

Some of the quotes on these cards are not from the episodes, where are they from?

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited September 30, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:47 pm

Wow some of these cards are just amazing and Amber is one of the signed cards in the set this time. Woo bloody hoo !

------------------
Bite me

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:47 pm

WOW
They are awesome!
That one of W/T dancing...*sigh*
Are these U.S. only?
Speaking of things cardyish, anyone know much about the Merlin sticker collection? Coz I have about 150 of them and need the other 50. I have some spares, including the really cute one of Tara from RESTLESS, with the Sappho poem on her back if anyone wants them.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:47 pm

Brian I think some of the quotes have been rephrased: in WAY Willow said "I trust you" on the card it is Tara saying "she trusts me" etc.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited September 30, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:48 pm

But some like this one Garfield...Willow protests, saying "it's Glenda in a bubble power, not Margaret Hamilton on a bicycle power."...that was never said in any ep or shooting script.

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited September 30, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:48 pm

That quote about glenda the witch and margaret hamilton was surely not in the show or the shooting script.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:48 pm

Oh I was just talking about card 88, heh I have not even read them all properly, you are right, some things are definitely not from the show, but I don't care, it rocks, especially that last card. Girl Power. Oh yeah!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:48 pm

these are so great!!! thanks for the link Xita!
I want them too....

Patricia

------------------
-I am, you know
What?
-Yours

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:49 pm

Thanks for sharing these Salicin and Xita, they're awesome

I totally agree Xita, the one that says lovers just made my heart skip a beat, sigh!

Does anyone know if they've been released in the UK yet, or am I really, really hoping?

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:49 pm

wow, i love these cards so much! it's so great to see willow and tara finally emerge from merchandising subtext.

my favorite quote has got to be from the back of the evolution: willow card. the very last sentence, where it says "At the same time, her relationship with Tara was tested to the limit and proved enduring and solid." damn right!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:49 pm

wow Oo... these cards are amazing! Oh boy... such beautiful design ;_;, Willow and Tara look divine as always... *sigh*
Unfortunatly... no money -_-;

KittyKo

----
yes, it is I, the vampire potato.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:49 pm

Hmm Brian, I thought that too when reading these. It was almost as if they'd got Willow's character and asked her why she loves Tara or something. And the quote about the witches as well...still, it's all good I suppose.

Lovely scans, thanks Xie. These cards are just wonderful, I mean, if anyone was still in any doubt...

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:50 pm

ahh.... such pretty cards... some nice willow and tara ones there...

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:50 pm

Thanks for the scans Paula!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:50 pm

OMG Xie, these are amazing!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

[This message has been edited by Ed Wood (edited October 01, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:50 pm

Does anybody have a checklist?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:50 pm

Beautiful cards!! But i still Don't know how to buy Online

------------------
She's My Everything...
-Willow _ Tough Love

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:51 pm

squeal

I should be getting my box anyday... cross fingers for an Amber sig card!! Great looking cards that's for sure. Kudos to whomever designed these ones!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:51 pm

Thanks Xita,
I love the W/T goodness!!!!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:51 pm

Kath - there's a list of the cards that are in this series on the page i linked on my webpage with the thumbnails of the scans!

glad you're enjoying them!

>sin<

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:51 pm

Thanks for the great scans, now I don't have to open my pack.
My came out of Canada: http://www.warp9cards.com/
they do sell the signed cards individually, Ambers' being the most expensive one.
If one has a credit card and can write e-mail ordering online is easy.
I was supposed to receive an album and cards from Wizard World. Haven't heard a thing from them and I have written them twice.
edidted to add:
here is another place with cards and they have both Michelles' and Ambers' seperate for a dollar less. http://www.ecardsdirect.com/cgi-bin/haz ... index.html

------------------
Willow smiles and Tara blows out the candle!

[This message has been edited by gypsyfoot (edited October 01, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:52 pm

Hey, Kath I've got a checklist:
1 this is growing up
2 in this corner
3 first blood
4 winner and still slayer
5 sibling rivalry
6 gang warfare
7 saving dawn
8 misfire
9 torn
10 double or nothing
11 zany brainy
12 joe normal
13 fake out
14 monkish business
15 glory most peculiar
16 nothing but the truth
17 secrets
18 lies
19 belonging
20 close call
21 inspiration
22 beneath
23 bad news
24 damage done
25 on the edge
26 going home
27 enter night
28 summoner
29 so low
30 so distant
31 so gane
32 at odds
33 trolling
34 old flames
35 inside job
36 british invasion
37 revolution
38 mad god
39 nothing but truth
40 switcheroo
41 tainted love
42 dangerous
43 never ever
44 living doll
45 dating game
46 unwanted
47 unexpected
48 unimaginable
49 forever
50 final
51 comfort
52 reanimator
53 nookie
54 the one
55 my way
56 relinquish
57 taken
58 payback
59 flight
60 pursuit
61 defeat
62 breakdown
63 inside
64 enemy
65 battle
66 blood
67 sacrifice
68 dracula
69 glory
70 glory's monions
71 harmony
72 drusilla
73 the knights of byzantium
74 ghora demon
75 doc
76 willo
77 xander
78 anya
79 giles
80 tara
81 spike
82 willow
83 anya
84 xander
85 buffy
86 riley
87 joyce
88 willow+tara
89 the slayer's gift
90 checklist
(this are all the ones listed on the back of the checklist card. Hope this helps

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:52 pm

Neat!

Thanks FaithGirl!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:52 pm

I just got back from London, and Puff and I spent a very useful afternoon going into Forbidden Planet buying (amongst other things) the trading cards, going out, opening them up, squealing like little kiddies, going back in to buy some more, and again, and again.

I must say they are so much prettier in person, heh heh, I am only missing a few of the W/T ones, however I shall get them as well.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited October 26, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:52 pm

The W/T cards Garfield doesn't have I do well I think we are missing one or two. But they are so pretty and it really was fun to buy them.

------------------
Bite me

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:53 pm

Here's something that might interest people in here regarding cards. I went to the Inkworks site (Inkworkscards.com , the company that does the buffy cards) and made a suggestion that they should have dual autograph couples cards, eg: Willow/Tara , Xander/Anya and here was the reply: Thanks for the suggestion! That offer was presented to them at the time we started production on the Season Five cards.

Sincerely,

Sue Lake
Consumer Relations www.inkworkscards.com They failed to mention if they said yes or not but I'm hoping. It would make a nice addition to my collection.

------------------
That's right big boy, come and get it. -Willow in season 3 premier.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Season 5 Trading Cards! YAY

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:53 pm

Yeah, i talked to my friend who does the graphic design of the cards for buffy, tombraider, angel and the simpsons and he said that they have a seperate writer for the backs of the cards--'cause we were all reading them(they were prizes for answering trivia questions correctly) and wondering where the hell some of the random bits of info was coming from.
If you guys have any suggestions for the season 6 cards, i'll throw them at him.. his wife was actually the one that came up w/the idea of the buffybot vision cards. But, they're pretty much given sheets of pictures and told to do whatever they wish.. so, there isn't much control over what images are chosen and what ones aren't-it's more a case of availability.

-S

------------------
*~*~*~*~* I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out. And I don't sleep on a bed of bones *~*~*~*~*

I

Unregistered(d)
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design