Edited cause, dumb me used proper spelling. 
[This message has been edited by Nouvelle (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
Edited cause, dumb me used proper spelling. 
[This message has been edited by Nouvelle (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
quote:
Originally posted by Nouvelle:
So, I was checking out the Amber stuff on ebay when I saw several listings for a magazine called Steppin Out. Amber is on the cover and it was dated October 3rd, available only in Upper New Jersey. Anyway, I noticed a web address for the Magazine under its name and decided to try and find their page. Lo' and behold up came a new and revealing interview with Amber. She discusses the WTC tragedy, dating actors and other cool stuff. She also says she'll be posing for Stuff magazine on Saturday. It seemed like she was serious. She talks about the weight issue and lesbian issue. The url is www.steppinoutmagazine.com .Edited cause, dumb me used proper spelling.
[This message has been edited by Nouvelle (edited October 05, 2001).]
Thank you for the Link! 

-Cici
[This message has been edited by Cici (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
quote:
I heard that when Buffy switched over from the WB Network to UPN that the people at UPN bought the whole cast lavish gifts. True or false?Well I chose not to be a series regular, so I don't get the gifts or the big salary. But I also have the ability to go out and do movies in the middle of the season, which is really nice. If you give your heart and soul to Buffy, then you give your heart and soul to Buffy. But I didn't want to be in that place because my real love is film.
So you're not really into television?
No, in fact I wouldn't have done television except that Buffy is such a cool show. You have to decide what you want in this life and I'm glad to be a part of Buffy, but I also have to be able to do other things. Life is short and I'd rather be sitting in the poor house and doing what I love doing then making a lot of money and being miserable. Life is very short.
"I chose not to be a series regular"??? Hmmm...
The last question is cute, though:
quote:
[b:21bd93e500]What advice would you give to someone who gets their brains sucked out?[/b:21bd93e500]Um ... eat a lot of apple sauce, preferably fed to you by attractive young lesbians.
Awwwww....
------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
To hope is to risk frustration. Therefore, make up your mind to risk frustration. Do not be one of those who, rather than risk failure, never attempts anything. - Thomas Merton
[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
I liked the part about finding the right person to fall in love with and how it doesn't matter. I wish she would hace chose to be a regular, though. Oh well...
I
quote:
Would you be open to experimenting?If I met a woman who was amazing, that's a different thing entirely. You never know! I'm open to whatever comes. But right now I like guys.
I AM HERE!!!
Love the applesauce bit! hehe
And after several angsty moments, I have decided that if Amber is happy and relaxed that she'll stay on the show longer and that's what is important.
And remember Amber's kitty interview from last summer:
quote:
Ruth: Right, um, its a question that everybodys been asking us to ask you, why arent you in the credits for Season 6?Amber: Its a Joss Whedon question. I have no answer.
Ruth: Do you want to be in the credits for Season 6?
Amber: Wouldnt you wanna be in the credits for Season 6?
Ruth: Yeah.
Amber: ButIm just happy to be on Buffy, one way or the other. And I am in the opening credits, Im in Willows stuff.
Hmm...
ooo.. and edited to add, I want to see Amber in a thong
[This message has been edited by xita (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
------------------
.........................
"'If we want her to be exactly she'll never be exactly I know the only really real Buffy is really Buffy and she's gone' who?"
"Hoppy toad... heehee-"
"What advice would you give to someone who gets their brains sucked out?"
"Um ... eat a lot of apple sauce, preferably fed to you by attractive young lesbians. " -Amber
I

quote:
I take it you're not happy with your body?I'm happy to have boobs and hips and be a normal size person. I've seen way too many people that I know go to the hospital because they can't eat. They feel they have to be this skinny thing! I'm very happy with my body. I'm not fat. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But it's hard when you're in this industry and you're expected to look like a string bean. "You would have gotten that part if you were 20 pounds less." What do you want me to do, cut my head off? It's just not healthy. I like to eat and I'm not going to stop eating because some jerk says I need to in order to get a part. There's always going to be somebody out there who doesn't like you. That's just how it is.
Oh yes she likes to eat, hee hee, I saw it. Once again, I love her for saying these things.
That last answer cracked me up. 
Lastly a Woo and Hoo for SMG, she rocketh much. 
I
------------------
Pen
I'm tired of dancing here all by myself
Tonight I wanna dance with someone else!
I
------------------
Tracy
Hear that Baby? You're my always.
I
The answer to the "Would you be open to experimenting?" question is going to make a lot of kitties have very pleasant daydreams for the rest of Friday 
*sigh*
I
and hey, she might even be open to experimenting. Is she great or what?I
So that mean we will not be seeing the lovely Amber next year? Sniff sniff!
Apple sauce bit made me laugh! I love the way she talks, she not sugur coated at all, she get right to the point and speaks from the heart! Thats great to see.
I
Wow, she's just so down-to-earth, isn't she? I like what she said about using her celebrity status for good. Yay Amber!
------------------
"Adding up the total of a love that's true multiply life by the power of two"
- Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls)
I
Wow, what a cool interview, you know the more of this kind of thing I read from Amber the more I love her, she is so refreshing and incredibly wise for someone so young, I love her attitude about these idiots who say she's overweight
Gotta love her applesauce comment, I wouldn't mind Aly feeding me applesauce either
------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love
I
oh! that's so funny!
and i hope the conventions thing *doesn't* mean that we won't be seeing her over here next year... my "source" hasn't told me that there's no chance...
i'm gonna e-mail him... make sure he keeps his ears to the ground on this one.
thanks for the link, btw - groovy interview
------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site
I

btw, right now I want to be brainsucked 
Patricia
------------------
-I am, you know
What?
-Yours
I
The "I chose not to be a series regular" quote, well now Im just confused???
But the experimenting and applesauce bits were cute 
I
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
God I love Amber!
[quote:1834a36d0b]Would you be open to experimenting?If I met a woman who was amazing, that's a different thing entirely. You never know! I'm open to whatever comes. But right now I like guys.[/quote:1834a36d0b]
[This message has been edited by xita (edited October 05, 2001).]
Yes, Xita, this proves the point I made at April's kitten party: [b:1834a36d0b] THERE ARE NO TRULY STRAIGHT WOMEN, ONLY WOMEN WHO HAVEN'T MET ME YET!
(ps -- that's a joke -- but I can still dream, can't I?)
*sigh* What a kick-ass article. Thanks for posting it! I love this woman. Can't wait for that issue of "Stuff"...
jill
------------------
I lurk, therefore I am.
I
I am just really confused - DARN!
Amber said she chose not to be a series regular. But that she also has the ability to go out and do movies in the middle of the season and her first love is film.
Don't the others, like Aly and SMG go out and do movies in mid season? Maybe she means multiple movies or writing / directing/ starring in movies. You know flexibility to do more than 1 movie in the middle of the season? What do you guys think?
The important thing is that Amber is happy and is getting the full star treatment that she so richly deserves. She has given so much to us fans .......
How great is she? No truer words can ever be spoken so eloquently.
"You have to decide what you want in this life and I'm glad to be a part of Buffy, but I also have to be able to do other things. Life is short and I'd rather be sitting in the poor house and doing what I love doing then making a lot of money and being miserable. Life is very short."
Thanks Nouvelle for the article! Yeah!
------------------
kris
I
Oh wait..I'm already a guy. Excellent. Must get to Amber before Jill can wield her eldritch womanly powers!(scurry scurry)
-len
I
[This message has been edited by nika (edited October 05, 2001).]
I

Good on Amber for being happy with who she is, not caring what people think but still commanding their love and respect anyway. Damn few people in this world do anymore (I know it. I hate my body and the way I look. I couldn't attract a toadstool, but am fortunate that my Diana loves me anyway
)
------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."
Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes
I
Andy "The Host" Hallett said he signed up for 13 episodes of Angel, but he didn't know when they would be. And he had to be available for any one of them, so he couldn't really do anything else. Obviously Amber has her contract writen differently. I wonder if she knows which episodes she will and won't be in so she knows when she can do other projects.
If so, that's a pretty amazing contract. But would we expect anything less from her? She obviously knows exactly what she wants, what she needs to do to get it, and just how far she's willing to go to get it.
Wow.
S
------------------
"I'm not just some crazy person. I'm the Slayer."
I
Thanks for the link Nouvelle 
------------------
Bite me
I

I do adore Amber, especially that applesauce comment, heehee.
I
In response to kpmuse: SMG and ALY have done movies, but only during the summer hiatus or by special arrangement during the shooting schedule. If Amber (or any other actor) were to take a movie role during filming they'd probably be written out of the series, at least temporarily, since they can't have the whole production held up by a schedule conflict.
I
------------------
"There's only one thing better than Willowhand, and that's Amber Butt" - me, to Amber Benson.
I
------------------
kris
I
oh the things that i'll do for buffy...
hmm, actually, it has NYC listings as well, so i might be able to buy it here. interesting... anyone wanna see xita beg? 
[This message has been edited by april (edited October 05, 2001).]
I
*thud*
happyness ensues
------------------
"No, she's not coming back. It's going to be The Lesbian Witch Show." -- Amber.
I
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests