Skip to content


Buffy Comic No.36

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Sean Gaffney » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:21 pm

Bad news: Tara's in only 2 panels the whole issue. And she only really looks like Amber in one of them.

Good news: She's in bed with Willow, who's kissing her forehead. ^_^ It's very sweet, looks like a typical happy couple.

Hopefully someone with a working scanner can get a quick pic up.

--SG

I

Sean Gaffney
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:21 pm

Cliff Richards does a really kick-@$$ job on the pencils, but I guess he is still getting used to Amber. If you check out the rest of the art he does a very good job, especially on Xander. I think he will capture Tara better and better with each issue, he's already improving. I was planning on going to the city to pick up the book today but I got caught up in my redecorating and didn't make it out farther than the ATM machine.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:22 pm

Cliff Richards? Say it isn't so. What an unfortunate name. British kitties will know what I mean...

Do we get scans, anyone, please?

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:22 pm

quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
Cliff Richards? Say it isn't so. What an unfortunate name. British kitties will know what I mean...


Well, Willow and Tara are walking, talking, living dolls.

--SG
--who has just returned from a Summer Holiday...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:24 pm

Sean, when you say Tara's in bed with Willow, do you mean, they're both dressed and just sitting on the bed, or do you mean they're under the covers?...dare I say naked even.

We need scans now!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:24 pm

Got to admit, i did feel the fear when Cliff Richards came up...be afraid, be very afraid.

------------------
"The worlds about to be destroyed and i'm stuck in a traffic jam!"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:24 pm

Cliff Richards, dear God poor man!

Okay, so at the moment I'm keeping my eyelids open with matchsticks (That's what having a 15 hour working day does to you, damn computer failure ) in a desperate hope that someone will take pity on an old wrinkly minion and post some scans before I finally fall prey to the sandman , if one of you could I'd love you forever

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

[This message has been edited by minion (edited August 29, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:24 pm

I can scan something else if you want, but I don't have the book yet. And now, really curious about the whole Cliff Richards thing.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW! Need scans NOW!

pppppppllllllleeeeeaaaaasssssssseeeeeee *puppy dog eyes*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Cliff Richard is a singer (?) who has been around for about 300 years, in the 50s he was touted as the British Elvis Presley and is in the record books for having a hit single in every decade since his first hit in the 50s, he had a small acting career in the 60s, making bad but easy on the eye movies, which was much like the King himself I guess!

He's famous over here, mainly for still being alive and for the fact that he supposedly has never had sex!

To be fair he seems a nice enough guy and does do a lot for charity (Okay, I'm scared now, scared at how much I know about him )

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Thank you. I am feeling informed now.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Ok, I drove my ass off to get it!

both panels

touch of the nose close up

kiss on the forehead closeup

------------------
Willow:
Where would you go? If you felt lost
and alone? Where would you go?

Tara:
(a beat)
To you.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm

Awwwwwww cute! Thank you muchly Xita!

Second panel is soooooo Ambery.

~Joy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm

Yeah, I think this is the best they have drawn Tara in the regular buffy comics and again big perv that i am, I got chills.. chills I tell you, in bed.. about to hmm.. yeah

And I can't help giggling at that line, "she's on top of the situation," I know who's on top!

[This message has been edited by xita (edited August 29, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm

Thanks xita, man I can't believe we're seeing more stuff like this in the comic than in the actual show

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm

Didn't we see some quote from a Dark Horse person a while back saying they were planning to advance the W/T relationship in the comics?

At any rate, does it look like Willow's not going to stop with a forehead kiss in that pic or have I just been hanging out with all of you too long?

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm

Warduke, they're under the covers, gettin ready for some lovin'. Thanks for the scans Xita. They're awesome. Bob, if you look in the letters section of the previous Buffy comic a writer answers a readers question about how far he wants to take W/T in the comics. Apparently it's far.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm

Ah darn, I have been beaten to the Cliff Richard and the being on top comment. Heh. Bob, it is the Kitten brain, makes us think the exact same thoughts about certain matters.

Thanks for the scans Xita, they are great.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm

its sweet, its a little sex and its incouraging to see them in bed; kudos to the DH folks(altough more of them in the comic would be good but hey all the scoobies need page time or it would be the W/T comic instead of Buffy; not that that's a bad thing

must go out and get,oh wait damn buying school books has made me broke, damn! wish buying the Buffy comic counted as buying school books.

------------------
"My heart doesn't stutter" -Tara

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm

xita . . . you know I love you, right?

Must get my daily mushball quotient in, and that did it. 'cause I'm a broke little Shanie right now--stupid CSUN parking permit costs $95 this semester (they want to raise it to $120 to which I say they are on some seriously bad crack) when there isn't even parking to be had.

Me go melt now. Two panels, but awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!


I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm

Thanks Xita, but er, that's it?

Hehe, with the kinda comics I read, I'm used to MORE.

ok, I'm happy with this, it is a big step for Buffyverse comics *sigh* oh so sweet....

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm

Must...buy...comic...

~Zombie BTG
(I believe this post makes me a Sassy Egg! And if not, then it's early, and I'm just...stupid.)

------------------
"It's non-toxic. You're fine." -Amber Benson

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Buffy Comic No.36

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:28 pm

Wow, it's great that the comics are going so far! Only two panels, but really good ones. And it definitely looked like Willow was finishing up the conversation and moving onto other matters!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design