Skip to content


How old are W/T?

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:38 am

I was wondering... Are W/T in the same year at uni? Has an age difference ever been established? I was just curious cos I was reading a fic and Tara was in her third year.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:38 am

Yes Willow and Tara are both sophomores or were in season 5. Tara is still 20 and I imagine Willow is 20 by now. They met as freshmen sigh.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:39 am

We don't know when Willow's b-day is, do we? I mean, yeah I'm sure she's 20 by now, but I do tend to think of Tara as being the older of the two...because she seems so wise, I think.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:39 am

Nope, we don't know when Willow's birthday is. In fact, besides Buffy, I think Tara's the only one we've ever gotten a b-day ep for.

------------------
Tracy

Hear that Baby? You're my always.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:39 am

We know that Tara is 20 and since they were both sophomores in season 5 that would mean the youngest Willow could be is 19. (depending on when her birthday falls.) Maybe next season Tara will give Willow a birthday party and the question will finally be answered.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:39 am

is tara older than buffy? and is buffy older than xander? is xander older than willow?

aaahhhh!

-shannon

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:40 am

Buffy, Xander, and Willow are all about the same age (always in the same year in high school). We don't know birthdates except Buffy; she was born around Jan. 22nd or so, 1981.

Tara was born in late November or so, 1980.

Kal

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:40 am

ooh roxton, i'm with you. i wanna see tara throw a birthday party for willow.

stacy

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:40 am

hmm so taras gotta be older then buffy..
and i thinking wills younger then buffy sooo uh?

yeah, i wonder why they never gave ages of the other characters? its odd. maybe one day

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:40 am

Actually, given Willow's intellectual prowess she could easily have skipped a grade or two, so she could conceivably be as young as 18. But since it's never been mentioned I think we have to assume that that's not the case. It would be nice to know for sure.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:42 am

i almost think willow IS the youngest one. and it almost seems like xander is the oldest, but maybe that's just because he's got a job, is getting married, etc.

-shannon

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:43 am

Out of the gang I'd say Anya is the oldest...heeheehee...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:43 am

Well, in real life, Sarah Michelle Gellar is 24, Alyson Hannigan 27, and Nickolas Brendon 30...

Okay this doesn't say anything so I'll just shut up now

EDIT: Point taken, Anya IS the oldest.

[This message has been edited by Ed Wood (edited June 09, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:43 am

Didn't someone make the point about Tara having a room to herself and how unusual that is for Freshmen? I don't know how the US system works, unfortunately...

I kind of get the impression that Tara might be older than Willow. But given that, Willow may have skipped a grade at school.

------------------
"Say hello to the kitten board and give them my love." ~ Amber Benson

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:43 am

Dazey given Willow's academic prowess it wouldn't surprise me if she actually had skipped at least a grade.

Beautiful Tara's Girl I'd say Anya has at least a few years on the rest of the Scoobies.

[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited June 09, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:44 am

While Willow is clearly smart enough to skip a grade or two, it was established in "Welcome to the Hellmouth" that she and Xander, at least part of the year, are the same age:

Willow: "He stole my Barbie."
Buffy: "He stole your... ?"
Willow: "We were five."

--Dennis

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:44 am

quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
Didn't someone make the point about Tara having a room to herself and how unusual that is for Freshmen? I don't know how the US system works, unfortunately...


This is kinda off topic, but I also noticed in the Body that Willow's room is large enough to fit two (or three or five) rooms from the college my older brother goes to.... Also, Buffy's room that she was moving out of in Family was also VERY nice (as Xander put it, "lots of opportunity for baudy French farce")

Hmmmmmm.... If UC Sunnydale existed, maybe there would be other reasons to go there besides the cute wiccans

But, back to the topic at hand...
I also kinda think of Willow as the youngest and Xander as the oldest (besides Anya, but, well, you know...), and Buffy and Tara are floating in the middle somewhere.

It's weird that in five years, we haven't seen Willow or Xander's birthday...

-Nora

------------------
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself.
-Walt Whitman

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:44 am

That's right Dennis, now if we could only figure out Willow's birthday.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:44 am

In the Checkpoint interviews, Anya tells the guy from the Watchers Council that she is 20 years old, which I guess either means that she was 20 when she became a vengence demon all those years ago, or she just wants to be perceived as the same age as everyone else in the group (except Giles of course!)

------------------
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. -- Lao Tzu

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:44 am

quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
Didn't someone make the point about Tara having a room to herself and how unusual that is for Freshmen? I don't know how the US system works, unfortunately...

I must have been having flashback dreams to dorm life or something, 'cause I'm really hung up on this subject today . . .

Depending largely on the school's housing availability, it's often pretty difficult for freshmen to get dormitory singles; priority for those goes to upperclassmen who choose to live on campus. That's something that's always bothered me about Tara's dorm room; according to the Watcher's Guide 2, it's supposed to look like she's been working on it bit by bit for a good while. To me that implies that she's been living in it for a while . . . well, okay, so about a semester or so had passed between "The Freshman" and "Hush," right? That's probably plenty of time--I know by spring of freshman year, my dorm room was a fearful and wonderful (but mostly fearful) thing.

And like how the death rate at the Magic Box keeps rent down, the death rate at UC Sunnydale probably makes it easier for lowerclassmen to snag posh dorm housing.

------------------
"We are her blood kin! Who the hell are you?"
"We're family."
-- Mr. Maclay and Buffy, "Family"

"We both have families we were born into. But sometimes families change, and we have to build our own. For me, our friendship binds us closer than blood ever could." -- Xena, "Ties That Bind"

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:45 am

You know my own impression is that Tara is a year older than Willow. I'm not sure why. Maybe she simply seems more mature.

We have heard a reference to one of Xander's birthday parties--a clown scared him. And Dawn mentioned her first birthday party in Sunnydale, right after they arrived (not coincidently, that puts her birthday in the Fall--when a tv season begins--hmmmmmmm).

Dwelling on this, an unhappy parallel comes to mind. I myself stopped trying to have birthday parties by the time I was eleven (no one ever showed up). Like Willow and Xander, I was pretty much an outcast in High School. Perhaps they simply stopped trying. Which adds to the fierce determination Willow had to give Tara a good birthday party.

Just a thought.

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:45 am

quote:
Originally posted by ambers.toy:
Anya tells the guy from the Watchers Council that she is 20 years old

I think Anya was just trying to convince the interviewer from the Watchers Council that she was an average person.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:45 am

Maybe Willow and Xander's birthday's are in the summer, thereby never letting them have them during the regular season.....

And although it's true that upperclassmen who have been in housing longer get priority on which dorms they live in, I think that if one was willing to pay for it, they could have a single room for all four years. But that's the case here at NYU, clearly NOT a public school, as UC Sunnydale is supposed to be, and we have a lot more money to throw around, and a lot more housing to accomodate everyone who needs (and can afford) it.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


How old are W/T?

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:46 am

quote:
Originally posted by Roxton:
I think Anya was just trying to convince the interviewer from the Watchers Council that she was an average person.

LOL, if only he knew!!

------------------
To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage. -- Lao Tzu

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design