Skip to content


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby kpmuse » Mon May 20, 2002 3:20 pm

From Zap2it, Marti has the following to say to those of us who don't care for what's happening on the show:

As for those slagging the show, Noxon says, "I wish everybody in the whole world loved 'Buffy' all the time, but I hope that the people who hate it keep watching."

Hey Marti :puke . I don't think so! Although I am sure you didn't mean the Willow and Tara fans anyway, did ya?
       
The whole nauseating article is here from zap2it. Spike and Buffy, blah, blah, blah.
tv.zap2it.com/sciencefict...html?25999
kpmuse
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 20, 2002 3:33 pm

:puke
Jennifer
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby xita » Mon May 20, 2002 4:31 pm

yeah i am quite sure she's talking about the spuffers, they have just dismissed us like yesterday's trash.. f u marti. Not a word about Tara and she's been dead for 2 weeks.
xita
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Rally » Mon May 20, 2002 4:36 pm

Well pretty much, we were dismissed a few episodes ago, just someone forgot to tell us to stop watching.
Rally
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Lisa of Nine » Mon May 20, 2002 5:14 pm

RALLY:
Actually, Steve DeKnight DID tell us to stop watching. Remember his oh so classy, if you don't like it don't watch comment? (I paraphrased that, but that was the gist of it... or was that the other writer...) Man, they are all SO respectful toward us (NOT) it's ahrd to keep them straight.

It's pretty clear, they don't want of ratings. We were collateral damage to a plot point.
DML
Lisa of Nine
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby minion » Mon May 20, 2002 5:17 pm

Haha, she's a card that old Marti isn't she :rolleyes

I'm sure she means what she says, shame none of us or a lot of other people won't be taking a blind bit of notice of it!
minion
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Taz » Mon May 20, 2002 8:50 pm

Marti, Marti, Marti my you are a n idiot, aren't ya. No Tara, No Taz.
Taz
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby StephenDeKnightIsAPrick » Mon May 20, 2002 9:48 pm

:puke

Marti, I would rather watch Seventh Heaven.
StephenDeKnightIsAPrick
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby urnofosiris » Mon May 20, 2002 10:12 pm

Hell, freezing and over.
urnofosiris
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Persephone » Tue May 21, 2002 6:42 am

She wants those of us who hate it to keep watching- why? So that we can see the further desecration of Willow's character? So that we can have our hearts stomped on a bit more (or what's left of them)? Cause it's fun! And Spuffy and Tara death are realistic and enjoyable! *hork*

F off Marti. Thanks, I'll give my tv loyalty somewhere else. And continue to live in my nice denial land where Willow and Tara are living happily ever after.
Persephone
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby jsr » Tue May 21, 2002 7:56 am

[b:da254c2857] "I hope that the people who hate it keep watching." [/b:da254c2857]

I'd rather watch my cat take a dump.
jsr
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby tyche » Tue May 21, 2002 8:37 am

Fury said 'if you don't like the show, don't watch' in his Succubus Club interview last week.
Takin' your advice, Daveyboy...
tyche
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby jdcioffi » Tue May 21, 2002 8:41 am

Marti, Marti, Marti ... when will you ever learn ...

You know, the turning point of a show is usually when it's fans damn its writers to hell ... So ... anyone noticing a turning point here? Yes, the end is nigh ...

JD
jdcioffi
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Hanki » Tue May 21, 2002 10:44 am

Feck and Off
Hanki
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Dave V » Tue May 21, 2002 10:49 am

No mention of Tara and Willow, destroyed in the name of Joss' vision. The vision that Marti and the other writers brought to the screen.

Can Marti really expect people to watch a show that they hate? She is an even poorer judge of the show's viewership than I thought.
Dave V
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Anita Iowa » Tue May 21, 2002 10:56 am

Boy, they need to get their stories straight down at ME. One writer tells us to quit watching, the other writer hopes that we don't, and a third seems mainly interested in yanking our chains. The folks at ME don't seem to know if they're coming or going these days.

Looking at the ratings for sweeps so far, though, it looks like most of the fans are taking Fury's advice and turning the channel. Hope he's happy.
Anita Iowa
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Grimaldi » Tue May 21, 2002 12:11 pm

I'll gladly keep watching as long as i'm drunk or stoned while i'm watching, the show might be more entertaining and make sense that way.
Grimaldi
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Sheridan » Tue May 21, 2002 1:38 pm

A question that struck me as I rewatched the first few minutes of SR tonight. How could a creative artist like JW or MN creates something so beautiful and perfect and then willingly and willfully destroy it? Leonardo didn't finish the Mona Liss and then put a match to it, Michelangelo didn't look up at the completed Cistine chapel and think, 'Hmm a coat of whitewash I think.' It is utterly maddening that they could create W/T and then so completely fail to appreciate what they have made, and fail to understand how much we have come to value it. How can MN expect us to keep watching when we have more respect for the show than she does?
Sheridan
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Solaire » Tue May 21, 2002 6:13 pm

Sure I'll be watching, THE GILMORE GIRLS. I want, no I need to watch a well written show about strong and empowered young women who possess a quick wit and not have to worry that at any given minute they may be shot in cold blood through the heart.
Solaire
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby tommo » Tue May 21, 2002 6:32 pm

So Marti hopes we keep watching? Desperation much? She can beg and plead but you know what? After what I've seen tonight; I'd be better off just twiddling my thumbs for an hour each week.
tommo
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Penrose Orleans » Tue May 21, 2002 7:26 pm

I suppose it had to end somewhere, that fantastic delusion that television could be used not just as a vehicle to fuel the fantasies of pre-teen boys, but also as a socially conscious and expressively mature medium. We have all put so much faith into the 'Buffy' "war machine" (as it were) and were rewarded (or introduced) with the wonderful relationship which Willow and Tara have (it hurts to say 'had', so I won't).

Even if I weren't looking for positive gay role models, a relationship of the depth of the W/T relationship rarely happens in any circumstance. If Tara were instead a male, I would still feel cheated by the loss of this relationship. In truth, however, the lesbian nature of the W/T relationship makes it so much more valuable that for ME to have discarded it as if it were any other is frankly painful to watch. My consolation is that they have a bit of time now to reconsider that wonderful reset button!
Penrose Orleans
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby mollyig » Wed May 22, 2002 1:26 am

Nice that she still has hope!
mollyig
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby slayer747 » Mon May 27, 2002 8:09 pm

Keep watching? Is this girl on crack or something? Keep watching, yeah, after killing an innocent, loving, mature, responsible and not to mention totally gorgeous and hot 22-year old blonde that goes by the name Tara MaClay? Keep watching? Nope, thanks... I won't even bring up the lousy dialogue on Seeing Red as one of the reasons why I won't "keep watching"...
slayer747
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby MaClayMagic » Tue May 28, 2002 12:40 am

I have to agree with Mollig, nice that Marti has hope. I think I lost my hope of a decent ending having to watch Tara be brutally slain. Then I lost even more hope when no reset took place. Then I lost more hope on top of that at the nasty way that ME has treated the Tara fans. Keep watching? Keep watching what? Nothing worth watching now, Ms Noxon. I hope your mothers' are proud of how you treated the lesbians in the show. We certainly aren't.
MaClayMagic
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Unregistered(d) » Tue May 28, 2002 2:03 am

If Tara wan't be back I will stop watching the show! I'm sorry but I can't belive that they didin't spend a word for Tara! I hate them! They really can't understand how we feel............Tara and Willow were so amazing, so sweety.........................
guys, really, who will stop watching the show next season?
Unregistered(d)
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby slayer747 » Tue May 28, 2002 8:24 am

As for the latest on the Tara situation... she won't be back. that's what joss pretty much implied on one of the threads...

crying now.
slayer747
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby AutumnT » Wed May 29, 2002 9:56 am

Dear God. Marti Noxon just keeps on blabbing. Make it stop. I cannot even bring myself to post the article here. Let's just say it will make most folks here :puke

You can read it at C&S : www.voy.com/13746/1802411.html
AutumnT
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby BBOvenGuy » Wed May 29, 2002 10:01 am

Oh dear. Just when we thought they couldn't make it any worse...
BBOvenGuy
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby Dave V » Wed May 29, 2002 10:03 am

Well, the Willow talk fills me with complete disgust. What with Joss' earlier comments, it seems that Willow's "story arc" has been planned out for awhile now.

Glad I won't be watching.

F***ing liars.
Dave V
 


Noxon Hopes We Keep Watching Blah, Blah, Blah

Postby relativegirl » Wed May 29, 2002 10:03 am

[i:79278b4478] most[/i:79278b4478] folks? if anyone here can read that and not :puke then they just aren't W/T shippers.

I'm sorry, but what Marti is suggesting is just repugnant. Thank god I won't be watching and thank god the mods had the foresight and wisdom to close down the spoilers b/c I couldn't bear reading spoilers about that plot line. It would be like opening up old wounds and salting them down on a daily basis.
relativegirl
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design