Skip to content


A Moment of Truth

The place for kittens to discuss GLBT (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered) issues as well as topics that don't fit in the other forums. (Some topics are off-topic in every forum on the board. Please read the FAQs.)

Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby CrazyTaraWitch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm scared.
I don't even know what of, but I'm terrified.
"To days to come."
"All my love to long ago.


I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas
CrazyTaraWitch
28. Com...plete
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:18 am
Location: Portland OR


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 pm

*big, big hug*
being scared is no fun, it's even worse when you don't know what you're scared of
*another big hug*
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Lifty » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm scared.
I don't even know what of, but I'm terrified.


Is it the strange man outside your window? Don't worry, you have magic powers remember? You'll be fine :)
If you're gonna get up, you might as well get up with me - Tegan and Sara

Saving Myself
User avatar
Lifty
5. Willowhand
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:42 am
Location: Sydney, Australia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Willowtree252 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:51 am

Well this last week our lifes changed My 20 year old son made a bad mistake at Megans and she threw him out faced with no where to go and the strong reality of sleeping in a ditch. We took him in we live in a 501 sq foot apartment for loving woman that is fine add another and it sucks not to mention I have had to stop alot of my relaxing ways. :happy We are coming to grips with this as we speak and are looking for a larger place. He must help us pay for by the way. Now lets talk about Sandi she never wanted children but my god she is amazing at it I am so happy that she is handling this so well but that is not suprizing she is an amazing woman after all. Wyatt even said he has the best 2 moms in the world made me feel great. I am at a point where I just want us to be us but sometimes things make it where it cant be. I dont know how things will turn out but I do know my roll in all this I cant help it. Its who I am. also I am proud its who she is it only serves to make me love her more if that is possible. :kitty
Dia the spelunker
Never underestimate the powerful love of a good woman
If you were a cave what kind of cave would you be
User avatar
Willowtree252
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
 
Posts: 9808
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 pm
Location: Next to an Angel in Houston Texas


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Kessari » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Sometimes I don't know how to handle all of this. I'm awake every single night and if I sleep (for maybe 2 hours) there are nightmares, that scare the living daylight out of me... I'm awake since saturday 7:00 after two hours of sleeping, since my neighbours had the loudest party ever. I don't want to face people at work in a few hours. God, the last 3 weeks have been strange, scary, absolutely awful, but also really awesome at times. I wish I knew, what to do...
You don't believe God, I don't believe in luck,
They don't believe in us, but I believe we're the enemy...
~ My Chemical Romance - Destroya
User avatar
Kessari
10. Troll Hammer
 
Posts: 1125
Topics: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Hell was full, so I came back...


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Sandman78 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 am

I'm starting to regret my haircut.
"Oh, I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz." Willow
User avatar
Sandman78
10. Troll Hammer
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:59 am
Location: Austin


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby CrazyTaraWitch » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:20 pm

I don't know what to do or how to feel.
"To days to come."
"All my love to long ago.


I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas
CrazyTaraWitch
28. Com...plete
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:18 am
Location: Portland OR


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:50 pm

lost years can't be brought back, memories can't be erased
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby JujuDeRoussie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am

Dorothy wrote:lost years can't be brought back, memories can't be erased

But we can learn from them and improve. Like the struggling butterfly gets strong through its struggling.
Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broken Dolls |The Stadium's Goddesses | Seeds Of Beauty

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)
User avatar
JujuDeRoussie
32. Kisses and Gay Love
 
Posts: 6222
Topics: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Kitopia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 am

Julia not only reads my blogs... but remembers them too :O
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby JujuDeRoussie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am

Dorothy wrote:Julia not only reads my blogs... but remembers them too :O


Should have I warn you? I LOVE to read people's blog, and well... I remember smart things! ^^
Last edited by JujuDeRoussie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broken Dolls |The Stadium's Goddesses | Seeds Of Beauty

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)
User avatar
JujuDeRoussie
32. Kisses and Gay Love
 
Posts: 6222
Topics: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Kitopia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby taraslove » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 pm

deleted
Last edited by taraslove on Mon May 25, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taraslove
6. Sassy Eggs
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:47 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Willowtree252 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 am

My father has hurt me and my children for the last time I told him yesterday that I hope his new love can take care of him when he gets down like mother cause I am out I wont do it good ol Dianne will have a closed door this time. I did it for Mother even after all the years of abuse but not for him you cant hurt my Children and expect me to have a any compasion at all. :shy :smash
Dia the spelunker
Never underestimate the powerful love of a good woman
If you were a cave what kind of cave would you be
User avatar
Willowtree252
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
 
Posts: 9808
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 pm
Location: Next to an Angel in Houston Texas


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Seeing my sister so terrified and not being allowed to do anything really breaks me... some people should NOT be parents!
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby CrazyTaraWitch » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:28 pm

I feel you Dorothy, my sister's having an awful time right now, and while for her it's not the fault of the parents they are like usual only making things worse. And there's absolutely nothing I can do, to help her or make them see what they're doing to her. She does not need their bullshit right now.
"To days to come."
"All my love to long ago.


I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas
CrazyTaraWitch
28. Com...plete
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:18 am
Location: Portland OR


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Lifty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:19 pm

I am bloody terrified by the state of the bushfires now. Entire towns have been reduced the ash. Over 100 people dead and still counting. All those people left homeless and without belongings...it scares the shit out of me. I feel so bad for everyone who's been affected by the fires.
If you're gonna get up, you might as well get up with me - Tegan and Sara

Saving Myself
User avatar
Lifty
5. Willowhand
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:42 am
Location: Sydney, Australia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm

*big hug*
Only thing we can do is be there in case we're needed...
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Millerchip77 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:26 am

Lifty wrote:I am bloody terrified by the state of the bushfires now. Entire towns have been reduced the ash. Over 100 people dead and still counting. All those people left homeless and without belongings...it scares the shit out of me. I feel so bad for everyone who's been affected by the fires.


It's terrible mate. What I can't believe is that people would start these fires deliberately. Let's hope they get caught and charged with 100+ murders.
Last edited by Millerchip77 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. - Jeanette Winterson, Gut Symmetries
User avatar
Millerchip77
6. Sassy Eggs
 
Posts: 392
Topics: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Gatito Grande » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 pm

So, my (no longer) Secret Crush wrote me again (she writes me about 1 time for every 3 times I write her---and she only acknowledges the last time I wrote her, consistently. Ergo, if I write a long love letter---as I have---and then write a Wazzup email 2 weeks later, she'll only acknowledge the Wazzup email :happy).

After recounting various life, residence, work, and health difficulties, she came down to this:

i will be honest. i'm just a sad, tired girl right now, worn out from my history. i'm so worn that i don't know if i can ever love anyone again fully, with passion, with trust. i honestly don't think i can. i honestly feel that the things i've gone through in my life have made me give up on those things, on the idea of a future of love with someone else. every choice i've ever made in that arena has been the wrong one; every relationship i've ever been in has resulted in the other person turning away from me, choosing something else that doesn't consist of building a life with me.

right now, i don't have the strength or the fortitude needed to fight against that, to not let that history define me, and to wholly love and trust another. i just don't. not right now. i'm sorry.


My first reaction? So there isn't anyone else: Whew! :smug

My second reaction is . . . geez, she's burnt-out. I don't know a fraction of what she's referring to (she hasn't written me enough for me to know :rolleyes). But I do know she's awfully beaten down, for someone so (comparatively) young.

As you might be able to tell from my posting "An Innocent Man" (Billy Joel), on the Express Yourself Through Music thread, there's part of me that wants to reach out to her, in all her hurting places.

...but there's another part that says, I'm just in danger of becoming co-dependent here. Whatever her traumas, I can't save her. It would be harmful to my sanity, to try. :shy

GG I honestly don't know what to do, or say. Any advice for me, O Wise in the Ways of Love Kittens? :confused Out
User avatar
Gatito Grande
17. Mega-Witches
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby BentBrokenTheory » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Gatito: A jaded heart is a tough one to crack. In my opinion all you can really do is show her that you aren't like everyone else.

Topic: honestly wonder sometimes if she really loves me as much as I love her... I mean is she just with me for the security, the comfort(familiarity) and the awesome sex(which has been lacking of late, though our "lacking" is like instead of mind blowing its just been earth shattering :peace )

Or does she really love me and all my flaws or does she just put up with them. She tells me shes in love with me, all the time but actions speak louder than words :paranoid
"For one human being to love another, that is perhaps
the most difficult of all our tasks, one for which all other work is but preparation."

"Goddess grant me the serenity to accept that which I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can, And Wisdom to know the difference."


"The real discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,

but rather in finding new eyes."
User avatar
BentBrokenTheory
2. Floating Rose
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: New York, NY


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Dorothy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 am

@Gatito Grande:
Try to just be there, be obviously trustworthy but don't force yourself, don't cross your own borders. Just make sure crush knows you're there for her and that she can trust you and try to see where things go. Forcing could end up bad for the both of you.

on topic: I have to get out of bed, take care of some stuff... but that's what keeps me IN bed.
Manchmal in der Nacht hab ich phantastische Träume. Aber wenn ish aufwach, quält mich die Angst.
Manchmal in der Nacht bin ich so hilflos und wünsch mir, es käm einer, der mich führt und beschützt.
(__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. (it must be bunnieeees!)
User avatar
Dorothy
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 1:55 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Millerchip77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:25 am

GG I hate to say it but the last line of that e-mail she sent you seems to be an 'it's not you, it's me' type line, I agree with Dorothy - give her some space and see what happens. I'd let her approach you next time - no more love letters that don't get answered, respond to this last mail and then leave it a few weeks and just see if she gets back in touch with you.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. - Jeanette Winterson, Gut Symmetries
User avatar
Millerchip77
6. Sassy Eggs
 
Posts: 392
Topics: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby jay/wt4evr » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 pm

I have a fucked up mind. Whee, I said it.
|| Fanart...sort of || Short poetry || A little bit of smut never hurt anyone | Nothing left | Promise || Text ||

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito
User avatar
jay/wt4evr
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad
 
Posts: 5069
Topics: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:57 am
Location: Halfway to anywhere, citizen of Kitopia


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby writerfreak » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:15 am

My truest form of expression is my words. The words I am usually so proud to write, to give. I haven't had words real words other than the poems sent in a long time. The rest has just been drivel. Until tonight. And it took a stupid quote from a tv show I haven't watched in years. Since Addie was alive.

"I will think of him often, I will love him forever"

And I got some words back. Meaningless words that portray a depth of emotion I can't feel as it was never about me. I can write a poem, or start to, based on the emotion projected on a tv screen but I can't even begin to write a single line when it comes to expressing the depth of the emotion within me. That is so very sad.

writerfreak :flower
Nuair a feallionn na focail, labhraionn an ceol (translation: When words fail, music speaks)
Ever meet a dangerous woman? One you know sees right through you? Dangerously attractive, effortlessly intelligent, quietly intense?

Soul
User avatar
writerfreak
11. Fish in the Bowl
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Sparta, TN


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby love_2003 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:39 pm

I want to get lost in my iTunes and forget about the paper that will be the death of me. Maybe I can go to bed early and just finish it tomorrow before class.
love_2003
10. Troll Hammer
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 pm


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby taraslove » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:41 pm

And also, Valentine's Day can suck it.
taraslove
6. Sassy Eggs
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:47 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby LesbianJedi87 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm

valentines day can indeed suck it! though being single for it after 3 years of...not being single for it makes me kind of....glad i'm bitter about it. There's a Left 4 Dead event going on that night anyway.

Back on topic....I'm listening to my ipod on shuffle and it starts playing a song I hadn't listened to in a good LONG while and it's making me nostalgic for all the fun times. I hate change.
-Rose
User avatar
LesbianJedi87
17. Mega-Witches
 
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby Gatito Grande » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:21 pm

I wanted to thank y'all who weighed re my romantic dilemmas vis-a-vis Secret Crush.

I still need to write her a longer email---which I will do soon---to respond to the issues she raised above.

...but, being the Romantic Sap I am, I did figure out a lil' sumthin' else to do---revolving around a Certain Day it is this Saturday [Date: 2/14!]

I'd been seeing the usual Valentine's ads, for jewelry and such. Not only is jewelry outside my (unemployed :happy) bank balance, but would also be inappropriate, I feel, for this stage in our relationship. And definitely lingerie would be inappropriate, also! :shock

However, on the same page as lingerie in one of the ads I looked, something struck my eye. Something perfect. There, inexpensively priced were Valentine's themed socks . . . for someone (Secret Crush) who has COLD FEET!!! Ta-da! :party

GG The pair I chose additionally had a "Key to my :love" theme. ;-) Out

Go ahead: tell me I should forget her, and that there's "many more fish in the sea", yada-yada-yada. I *still* feel this is a relationship worth pursuing, and I'm giving my best effort! :smug
User avatar
Gatito Grande
17. Mega-Witches
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby taraslove » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:28 am

deleted
Last edited by taraslove on Mon May 25, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taraslove
6. Sassy Eggs
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:47 am


Re: A Moment of Truth

Postby kisstheviolets » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:32 pm

i want to marry her and have perfect little babies with her. le sigh.
"Threads that are golden don't break easily." - Tori Amos, "Horses"
User avatar
kisstheviolets
21. Geek Infested Roots
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Oregon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Kitten

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design